• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aicy

Strategos
Shared support BP

Proposal
To make it so you gain defence BP when your supporting and they're attacked.

Current Workaround
Provoking someone to attack your polis

Details
Well, not all players know this but when you are supporting someone and they're attacked by someone, and you kill their troops you don't gain any BP for those attackers you killed. I suggest this changes, its annoying and it would make me and some other people happy, isn't that better gameplay?

A lot of people are very nice and have a lot of troops out supporting people, and kill lots of attacking men but are never rewarded for this! As a outcome they don't get accepted into alliances which only accept high BP and they end up having a worse game experience then they would if this is implented.

How it would work:
This would probably work if it is based on farm spaces: players A, B and C support player D. Player A send 100 farm spaces, played B 150 and player C sends 200 farm spaces. Player D already has his own 250 farm spaces of units in his town.

The attacker hits player D with 150 horses and loses everything. That's 450 BPs, right? So, in total there is 700 FS of units in players D town. Out of those 450 BP, player A gets 450 * (100/700), player B 450*(150/700), player C 450*(200/700), and player D 450*(250/700). So 64,3 BP goes to A, 96,4 to B, 128,6 to C, and 160,7 to player D.

Abuse Prevention
So people don't try and get BP from farms we could have something like it doesn't work with people who haven't logged in for 168 hours.
Another way so you can't use it as getting BP from inactives and such is that the BP is only shared if the players are in the same alliance.

Summary
If this is implented those types of players who support lots of people in their alliance and help around will get a reward for their efforts, and will be more likely to carry on playing.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes
Is this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? No

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Sounds like a great idea +1... question though...would a person get the same amount of BP if they were, let's say, putting troops in a farm and it got attacked? Not that it would be a bad thing but that would be an easy way to get BPs... not to be a loop hole closer or anything.

Aicy

Strategos
Yeah, I'd think so. Maybe I could add in if a player hasn't been online for 168 hours(one week) that it doesn't count.

Aicy

Strategos
BUMP

Anymore suggestions or questions for this idea? I really do want this to get implented.

DeletedUser

BP as it is is nice, because it provides a reward for 'frontliners'... Players who are in constant danger... If you switched the system to = % troops killed by each players support or something... It would be hard to calculate, and would make the front liners lose all their defense BP, because 'frontliners' should focus mainly on O builds and have D builds in the rear send them support.... Besides which, if the alliance 'frontliners' wrack up huge BPs -> and thus huge culture, it makes it easier for what would other wise become a boring stalemate turn into a massive short range conquest/colony push... Well, at the very least it would make it easier to go on a counter attack afterwards....

I like BP the way it is now... we'll see how the world works out :D

Aicy

Strategos
Well as I support people a lot I think its unfair that you get no credit for putting your troops out there to help another player.

DeletedUser

So if you sent one swordsman to another town, you could collect BP without taking any heavy losses? I don't think who kills what troops is factored in, but rather all the defender's troops act as one, support or no support.

I don't think there should be a change in the BP system. If you're supporting your tribe members, you'll get support when you need it. What goes around comes around.

DeletedUser

This should have been in from the start it doesn't make sense. +!

Aicy

Strategos
So if you sent one swordsman to another town, you could collect BP without taking any heavy losses? I don't think who kills what troops is factored in, but rather all the defender's troops act as one, support or no support.

I don't think there should be a change in the BP system. If you're supporting your tribe members, you'll get support when you need it. What goes around comes around.

It wouldn't work like that, if you sent 1 swordsmen you wouldn't get any BP... based on what the men you sent kill you should get BP for.

And what comes around goes around is not fact, I'm never going to need support. :p

So I'm never going to get a reward for my efforts, and will be seen as someone with low BP who is worthless to any alliances I join... if Fear the Darkness was to disband (yes it is almost impossible) why would people believe that I supported people?

DeletedUser

not for me and i dont understand what you mean. If i send 1 sword to a farm i get 1 bp. thats not a lot if it dies.

DeletedUser

not for me and i dont understand what you mean. If i send 1 sword to a farm i get 1 bp. thats not a lot if it dies.

If you send troops to support another player and they kill enemy troops while defending the player who's polis it is gets the BPD

Aicy

Strategos

You don't get BP when your own troops die.

I'm talking about getting BP when your support in another persons town gets attacked.

DeletedUser

This would probably work if it is based on farm spaces: players A, B and C support player D. Player A send 100 farm spaces, played B 150 and player C sends 200 farm spaces. Player D already has his own 250 farm spaces of units in his town.

The attacker hits player D with 150 horses and loses everything. That's 450 BPs, right? So, in total there is 700 FS of units in players D town. Out of those 450 BP, player A gets 450 * (100/700), player B 450*(150/700), player C 450*(200/700), and player D 450*(250/700). So 64,3 BP goes to A, 96,4 to B, 128,6 to C, and 160,7 to player D.

I think this kind of BP system would be good as it would give players incentive to send their troops to support their tribemates. Also it would finally put people who lose countless troops defending their tribemates on those rankings, giving them the credit they deserve.

The only problem I see here is that the processing load to calculate percentage in each village might be a lot when you take into consideration how many towns there are being supported and attacked. But I'm not really one to speak about that, as I have no clue about how that exactly works.

+1 from me for this idea

I just noticed this part:

Abuse Prevention
So people don't try and get BP from farms we could have something like it doesn't work with people who haven't logged in for 168 hours.

This really is of no concern, as you can already place your defenses in some town, and then wipe them out with your offenses, getting free offensive BP that way. But now that I rethink this, you probably though getting BP from spiking someone. Why not, I will lose troops, so it's not like it's a win-win situation. It depends on what is more important to you, your troops or BP.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I support this, as a player with 0 BP defense, I have lost 100's in support and likely killed a good number. Also the battle points required to have a victory eventually get above 150k ... getting BP would help alot.

(You'd only get BP for those you killed, correct? Not those you lost)

DeletedUser

+1 Good Idea, it's thought out well and I really, really do agree that supporters should recieve BP - It will also encourage those BP-whores out there to get supporting team mates :p

DeletedUser

I support this, as a player with 0 BP defense, I have lost 100's in support and likely killed a good number. Also the battle points required to have a victory eventually get above 150k ... getting BP would help alot.

(You'd only get BP for those you killed, correct? Not those you lost)

Those that you kill during support and your troops' deaths are not reflected in BP, but are shown in your wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.