Ship speeds unrealistic

DeletedUser

Ok now I'm only comparing two particular ships here.
The Bireme and the Light ship.

One would imagine that a "light ship" would be fast right?

Secondly the defensively orientated Bireme would only have strong defence value by having a strong hull, or armored sides, therefore being slower.

The light ship has very low defence value, indicating that it is not heavily fortified, and therefore likely to be faster.

It makes great sense for the lighter attack ship to be faster than the heavier defence ship.

Anyone else agree?

DeletedUser

You are misinterpreting the meaning of Light Ship. It is called that because it pours fire oil onto other ships to destroy them.

DeletedUser2795

Ok now I'm only comparing two particular ships here.
The Bireme and the Light ship.

One would imagine that a "light ship" would be fast right?

Secondly the defensively orientated Bireme would only have strong defence value by having a strong hull, or armored sides, therefore being slower.

The light ship has very low defence value, indicating that it is not heavily fortified, and therefore likely to be faster.

It makes great sense for the lighter attack ship to be faster than the heavier defence ship.

Anyone else agree?
Imagine carrying buckets of liquid in your cargo, no imagine not carrying anything in your cargo. hmm

DeletedUser

Yes. You do have to remember the powerful weapons that the Light Ship carries.

DeletedUser

and it also depends who's steering, I mean if jarpenguin was steering the light ship would devastatingly slow considering it has to fight the horrific weight jarpenguin has :O

DeletedUser

That's not nice :O

And if blazey was steering ah man you wouldn't make it 2 minutes before he bumps into an island.

DeletedUser

Me steering however. . . well. . . we'd take off.

Like the boat version of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

DeletedUser

How about we leave the flaming to the light ships?

Was this meant to be an idea? If so, it needs some kind of proposal.

DeletedUser

I would propose that the light ship exchange speeds with the defence ship.

Or increase the light ship's speed to 15 or 17.

DeletedUser

That's a good start, now let's try putting it in the approved format described in the stickies of this forum.

DeletedUser2795

How about we leave the flaming to the light ships?butt, but, that would be pointless, if the LS go up in flames, then we will have nothing with which to flame except or keyboards :(

Was this meant to be an idea? If so, it needs some kind of proposal.

Reply in bold

DeletedUser

Please put the thread in proper format and then explain your idea fully listing all details.