should I accept?

DeletedUser

Hi all.

I'm new to the game and I've been ignoring alliance invites so far, but I've received one from an alliance which contains four cities on my island. Should I accept to gain close support from the off, or will this limit my options later in the game?

Any advice would be appreciated.

DeletedUser

Hi all.

I'm new to the game and I've been ignoring alliance invites so far, but I've received one from an alliance which contains four cities on my island. Should I accept to gain close support from the off, or will this limit my options later in the game?

Any advice would be appreciated.

If you are going to be an active player, it may well hinder you later game. But you can always leave at a later date.

DeletedUser

If you are going to be an active player, it may well hinder you later game. But you can always leave at a later date.
I have seen a few times that the more ambitious starting alliances will farm anyone who doesn't join in order to eliminate competition. As a new player myself, I join up with local alliances, because it is easy to get support from them. And experienced players don't really see our cities as that valuable of targets for the most part until we learn what the heck we are doing.

DeletedUser

You have a point there...
I won't want your city if you've spent all of your resources on researching garbage.

DeletedUser

You have a point there...
I won't want your city if you've spent all of your resources on researching garbage.

Well yeah, there is that too. I was more thinking along the lines of how inefficient the less experienced players as myself are with building a city in general. I am getting better though.