Should the US stop getting involved in other countries affairs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

One of the main reasons why such wars are still held is because any war brings alot of wealth to certain influential people who are behind the "rudder". I do not mean the "loot", but rather the fact that war boosts certain economies and keeps the military industry going, alot of monwey to be made there + construction companies. Destroy a country and then get paid for to build it all up again. All the money comes as loans from the federal bank, so it doesnt really cost anything for the US, just take more fictional money and the problem is solved.. money makes money.
As far the ethical reasons - how can the entire western world imagine that their view on the world is the best? How is democracy any better than an authroritarian system? Why should You bring western values to the east which has had thousands of years of their own traditions and culture which is obviously their way. And how can invading another country be flagged as "bringing freedom and peace" is absolutely beyond me.

DeletedUser

Should the United States stop getting involved entirely? No. Should it seriously consider before getting involved? Yes.

Firstly, I think I can speak for the majority of the people when I say that we don't want to constantly get involved. We don't want to send our men and women into conflicts that could possibly last a long time and result in heavy casualties. Of course, that doesn't mean the majority of us don't want to help in some way.

Secondly, there are plenty of other countries out there fully capable of helping. Russia, China, the UK, France, Australia, etc. Why do we have to be the only country doing the most? I know a lot of people in the USA that are frustrated by the lack of serious help from other nations.

Anyways, bottom line is I think the USA shouldn't get involved in as many conflicts as it does.

DeletedUser39031

Secondly, there are plenty of other countries out there fully capable of helping. Russia, China, the UK, France, Australia, etc. Why do we have to be the only country doing the most? I know a lot of people in the USA that are frustrated by the lack of serious help from other nations.
1.I know for a fact a lot of these countries don't want to participate but were dragged into it by their allies (mainly the U.S.).
2.Your country does the most because you spend the largest amount of money on militaristic expansion (except for maybe Russia/China)
3.Why should my country (Australia) take seriously a conflict which is taking place in a continent across the globe that has no chance of expanding to any of it's allies shores or Australia for that matter. The conflict is fairly confined to that area (terrorist attacks aren't really conflicts) and with no W.M.D's there is no real serious thread that should concern a lot of other countries like Russia and China.

If you look at the numbers of troops/machinery in the other countries and then compare it to the United States, you'll see that the U.S. really doesn't need much help at all.

Back on topic,
The United States should limit it's conflicts. I can't remember when the U.S. wasn't at war. The U.S. is policing the world, which is a good thing. However I think the U.S. shouldn't call on it's allies to help it every time it wants to invade. In cases like Vietnam, sure ask your allies but the recent invasions have not required assistance from other countries.

DeletedUser

As far as military spending goes, USA spends 4 times as much as China and nearly 8 times as much as Russia. In fact USA spends more on military than the next 10 - China, Russia, UK, Japan, France, Saudi Arabia, India, Germany, Italy and Brazil - all combined.

Also, USA is not the only one doing the fighting, thanks to NATO we all have participate in those endeavours.

DeletedUser

As far as military spending goes, USA spends 4 times as much as China and nearly 8 times as much as Russia. In fact USA spends more on military than the next 10 - China, Russia, UK, Japan, France, Saudi Arabia, India, Germany, Italy and Brazil - all combined.

Also, USA is not the only one doing the fighting, thanks to NATO we all have participate in those endeavours.

Ha! While I don't like the fact that we are in a good many conflicts, I can say with confidence that the United States does at least 3 times more than every other nation, especially when in the realm of live endangering.

As for the other countries, they may not spend as much on war as we do but the do have the manpower and means to do something. China has millions of troops, way more than the US, YET we sacrifice more lives. And as for Im' s thing about Australia, the same applies to the USA. Why do we do it? Apparently because it's the 'right thing' to do. Although, I can definitely say I rather have the USA be as detached as Australia.

I can see no future were this debate will not become a USA vs. everyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser39031

Ha! While I don't like the fact that we are in a good many conflicts, I can say with confidence that the United States does at least 3 times more than every other nation, especially when in the realm of live endangering.

As for the other countries, they may not spend as much on war as we do but the do have the manpower and means to do something. China has millions of troops, way more than the US, YET we sacrifice more lives. And as for Im' s thing about Australia, the same applies to the USA. Why do we do it? Apparently because it's the 'right thing' to do. Although, I can definitely say I rather have the USA be as detached as Australia.
U.S. got involved because of terrorist attacks with a bonus incentive of making money from oil. Also the more manpower doesn't mean anything.
I can see no future were this debate will not become a USA vs. everyone else.
That's because a lot of people disagree with the decisions made by the United States while Bush was in power. Although I am hoping that the current administration realizes that no-one wants to fight in the Middle East anymore.

LATE EDIT: The reason the U.S. has the manpower is because they create an environment where joining the Military looks like the best decision

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

No one wants to fight anywhere.
This isn't a debate about whether American's (or anyone for that matter) want america to fight more or less, surely it is a debate about their duty.

Is it their duty as a world superpower to get involved?
In my opinion, yes.

Is it right that they do the majority of the fighting?
No.

Does that mean they should stop getting involved at all?
No

Just my brief insight, written at 3:30 in the morning. :s

DeletedUser

Also the more manpower doesn't mean anything.

Manpower doesn't mean anything? In that case I think we should all step aside and let Vatican City handle the foreign conflicts for the US. They got it covered.:rolleyes:

DeletedUser

I would want to fight.....Thats just how I am.

Depends on what you are fighting for. God knows I wouldn't. Going out there, being shot at, and to top it off, receiving no thanks from any of the people in the country you helped.

DeletedUser

Depends on what you are fighting for. God knows I wouldn't. Going out there, being shot at, and to top it off, receiving no thanks from any of the people in the country you helped.

I'll stay to fight the war over the internet. Cyber Wars!!!! That's the fun stuff! No, not games, silly!

DeletedUser

I would fight for what Id think was right. Being shot at is apart of the sacrifice of lending your life to protect other people, even if they dont deserve it. But being a US citizen doesnt make me want to fight for this country, more likely fight against to make it better.

DeletedUser

I would fight for what Id think was right. Being shot at is apart of the sacrifice of lending your life to protect other people, even if they dont deserve it. But being a US citizen doesnt make me want to fight for this country, more likely fight against to make it better.

The way the economy is going, the USA might not be around much longer. :/

DeletedUser5819

The way the economy is going, the USA might not be around much longer. :/
LOL - don't forget to drink a pint of water before bed. It will help with the alcohol but possibly not the hallucinogens :p

DeletedUser

The US will last for a few more decades, maybe even the next Century, butitwill fall due to its leaders and the waythey spend their money....but if they fall it would be by the hands oftheiroen citizens.

DeletedUser

LOL - don't forget to drink a pint of water before bed. It will help with the alcohol but possibly not the hallucinogens :p

Perhaps I exaggerate. :D But we all know the economy it's not as it should be.

DeletedUser

If they would understand credit is money you DO NOT have..maybe we would actually get somewhere. Otherwise, keep spending! We all need private jets! I want one!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.