Siege Time is Too Long

DeletedUser37684

The title says it all.

The summer speed world last year Tegea (en100) was speed 6 unit speed 6 and the siege time was 8 hours. The last fast conquest world Heliopolis (en107) has a siege time of 8 hours as well. We know something went wrong coming into this world with the settings. The 12 hour siege time is obnoxious and completely changes the pace of the game having your support locked up for so much longer.

Is there any chance of the siege time being turned down to 8 hours?

Settings would be perfect if this can happen.

-Wallaby87

DeletedUser41096

They will never fix their mistake for this world, it will be "Well sieges were already 12 hours so to change it now would be unfair for others". When the game has no players left they might start listening to the community feedback more often, but until then they will never listen to things like this. Ruined such a high potential summer world.

DeletedUser34939

This really should be changed. It slows down the pace far too much. Not only that but with unit speed 3 a 12 hour siege is insane. Literally every single LS in the world can reach the siege before it's over.

DeletedUser41096

Make sure you all like the first post so they see how many people want to change it, god knows they will not read all comments

Mole man 420

Phrourach
Im down for a speed change to 8. I doubt many will be bothered by it.. some wont care either way, lots actually prefer it. Is there a way to possibly send an in game announcement for it?

Im sure, despite how normally handeled, a situation like this with the vast majority asking for the change, that Inno could easily find a way to make it happen.

An ingame announcement asking for either a poll or to visit here on the externals and vote fpr or against it.. just to see if there is even anyone against the idea, because im sure that is a small number of people.

DeletedUser37684

I'm 5th in BP and not complaining about holding sieges but yeah, I'm the one that can't keep up lol
Being 5th in bp at this point rly means nothing. It's not a question about defense. It's a question about this being a summer speedworld so why should the pace be slowed by such a long siege time?

DeletedUser52067

Being 5th in bp at this point rly means nothing. It's not a question about defense. It's a question about this being a summer speedworld so why should the pace be slowed by such a long siege time?
I agree it doesn't mean much this early on but someone ranked much lower suggesting I can't keep up is pretty laughable. I don't hate 8 hour sieges but this world's setting is 12. It's happened on speed 4 before, it's not a mistake and it's not a slower pace, its the default setting. Just because 8 hour conquests have happened before doesn't mean they made a mistake with this one

DeletedUser41096

Who cares about one arrogant irrelevant player, this is about the conquest time, it needs to be lowered to 8 hours, where do we go to get this dealt with because nobody enjoys a 12 hour siege other than inactives who don't care

DeletedUser41096

Don't you see the problem with what you are saying there. It's not about "making it work", the setting should be something the community enjoys, has fun playing with. This is the "summer world". Put up a poll to see who would support it being changed, and listen to the community. Yes this made holding sieges that much harder, but it also has completely slowed an otherwise "fast" world down. Speed 3 troops flying all over the place only to come to a crashing halt because of 12 hour sieges.

Please, leave things like this on slow worlds, nobody picks a fast pace world to have slow speed conquests... and nobody wants this outside of a few people who are saying it just to act different.

DeletedUser2413

The thing is, players will always find something to complain about in "Gripe"olis... it's not like the world has even started. Have you considered that while it is obviously going to change dynamics. That maybe change isn't always a bad thing.

This game is shrinking for a reason, maybe people have grown up and aren't 16 anymore, maybe the EN servers have changed as the international dynamic has changed with that, maybe people don't want to spend 24/7 sitting in front of their computer or hovering by their smartphone. (since that changed with the game and we now have an app where it never existed)

Who knows how this change is actually going to play out until we play it. Maybe it'll be fun... maybe people will be able to still enjoy their summer a little bit more without hovering over Grep, one thing for certain is it will give alliances a larger window to make some massive breaks. There could be some potentially EPIC battles over some higher profile cities in the later stages of the world.

To me that doesn't sound terrible, it actually sounds like it could be pretty fun to me. Who knows. Only time will tell.
smiley_emoticons_kolobok-sanduhr.gif

Last edited by a moderator: