Beginner Sigh, Noob Wave

DeletedUser

The wave of noobs coming in is nice for business and all, but I have like fifteen customers (maybe 6 :p) requesting the same thing in like all the shops. Do my fellow sig makers like this, or what? I really dislike this because it wastes my time, and it is likely they will never use most of the sigs they get.

DeletedUser

When I had my shop running, I wouldn't accept any requests that were posted in any other shops. The reasons they usually give is something along the lines "I want to see which one is better" but to me that is quite disrespectful. Because they are asking for you to take time out of your day to do something for them and they are not really appreciating it. I think people should look through the shops and look at the work they produce and then choose a shop where they like the style of the sig-maker. That's my opinion on the matter anyway so just like you that annoys me a whole lot and I will not make any sigs for anyone like that.

DeletedUser

I am sure I wouldn't either, I would feel upset if I spent time on work and someone didn't bother to use it.

DeletedUser

When I had my shop running, I wouldn't accept any requests that were posted in any other shops. The reasons they usually give is something along the lines "I want to see which one is better" but to me that is quite disrespectful. Because they are asking for you to take time out of your day to do something for them and they are not really appreciating it. I think people should look through the shops and look at the work they produce and then choose a shop where they like the style of the sig-maker. That's my opinion on the matter anyway so just like you that annoys me a whole lot and I will not make any sigs for anyone like that.

Exactly, bro, this is exactly what my thoughts are. You read them perfectly. From this point on I will do my best to ignore these kind of people...

And spammers, cough, Geko, cough. I am making him one more tag and then I will see if he still spams and hijacks threads.

DeletedUser

Depends on the person.
I just don't make things for people that I don't know or don't like.
When I had a shop, there were some pretty specific guidelines, and if you couldn't follow them I refused you service.

No ones forcing you to make anything at all.
So, why should you? Requests are a lame way of improving your own skills, IMO.