Sigma Agony Aunt 2

DeletedUser

Evening my dears, I hope you are all well. Lots more action this week, both in the forum and in the game. The awards will all be going out this week and we got a few questions too. Let’s get stuck into it.

Greetings Ms Agony,

Will you help me decide which alliance's cities make the prettiest pattern on the map?

Kind regards,

Map Maker

Well this was a fun question to answer. After looking at the map (I waited until just before writing this up so I could give you the most recent alliance which is pretty) I have decided that I like the shape of Warriors of Epsilion. Looking at this map, made by the nifty Grep map-making tool;
http://maps.grepo-tool.com/image.php?h=2ie4vjqj9b6i85583csw
They look kind of like a green arrowhead. I like that, it’s almost like it gives the alliance a sense of direction. Pity it’s pointing to the rim.
Hope that’s useful,

~Auntie Sapphie

Miss Agony Aunt

In Your Opinion, What Is The Most Important Thing A Newer Player Should Consider When Looking To Join Or Switch An Alliance?

The Friendly Ghost

In my opinion, I think that every player (not just the Newbies) should check out the statistics. I’m not just talking points here people, I’m meaning Attack and Defense battle points, recent colonizations, players joining and leaving and how many pacts they have. A few tips:
The higher the Battle Points, the more aggressive the alliance is. Be sure to match the alliance to your Grepolis playing style.
If lots of people have lost cities, or left the alliance…you have to think why? Something obviously isn’t going right.
If an alliance has lots of pacts, it’s quite likely they don’t know their allies. It’s a pact in title only, and the green cities are not likely to be very helpful. For Diplomats: You want a few pacts which are strong with LOTS of communication.
Make sure you check Grepostats as well, all the statistics in an easily managed site.

~Auntie Sapphie

Hi Agony Aunt.

I've been wondering this question. Is it the size of the ship that matters (or fleet), or the way it moves through the ocean to get to it's designated target?

People are divided on if MRA's are a threat, or if the more skilled ones can actually do the job without the massive size of the force behind them.

Thanks,

The Bear Who Cares

I would say that MRA’s are an issue that’s been debated in many online strategy games…and there is no real clear answer. Because so many MRA’s are complete failures, many people see them as a hindrance rather than a threat. Occassionally there are MRA’S who pick up those new players who haven’t played Grepolis before and have a lot of skill, and those MRA’s have staying power. On Grepolis worlds I would say that the skilled players who are almost elitist in their alliance membership have the advantage because for the most part they have the experience and skills to hold up against the numbers, just because it works out that way sometimes.

A note for dunc63, you learnt this in the last week, I’m happy to be a part of your alliance to help you :p

~Auntie Sapphie

now it’s time for…

The 7 Deadly Sin Awards!

Lust ~ The player I most want to be based on their performance in game

214v4zt.jpg

Barry69, of D.N. I’m a sucker for people who have a well rounded attack/defense. I’m not so fussed on points :p

Anger ~ The player who shows the most aggression in game

2j519a1.jpg

shadowcat15 Mad Tea Party 5203
Over 5k attack points already, I’m very impressed.

Sloth ~ the active member of the forum who isn’t so active in game

2qtzj1e.jpg

Jayaris said:
today at 4:45 AM
Lookz like yo better give yourself the sloth award given that I'm about to catch up to you after starting 3 days late.

SUCKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

L-L-Cool J'd.

You haven’t caught up with me yet, second sloth in a row!

Covetousness ~ The City I want most based on name and points

4jx7dc.jpg

The city of Barad-dur, which belongs to NihilisticGod, another member of -Black Watch-. This alliance has some original city names, worth a peek if you are interested in variation.

Gluttony~ The Player who takes the most cities in game

xmss2t.jpg

whosaylove of -=doomsday=- has 4 cities, with the highest points. Some tasty targets ahead I’d say, although whosaylove may be feeling full soon.

Pride ~ The Best Alliance in game (My Opinion)

f53jnt.jpg

This week I think –Black Watch- has taken this teacup, they have strong players there and seem co-ordinated. Just what I like to see in an alliance.

Envy ~ The Alliance I want to be in based on performance in game

5nw0g4.jpg

D.N. (We all know what they used to be called :p)
They have held on to their top spot, which is no easy feat when conquers start. I hope to see them improve in the future.

That’s us for another week, keep an eye out for next week, with my special Easter/Ostara Edition!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Sloth ~ the active member of the forum who isn’t so active in game

2qtzj1e.jpg

Originally Posted by Jayaris
today at 4:45 AM
Lookz like yo better give yourself the sloth award given that I'm about to catch up to you after starting 3 days late.

SUCKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

L-L-Cool J'd.

You haven’t caught up with me yet, second sloth in a row!

Keep up the good work,Bro.

Last edited by a moderator: