~Sigma Agony Aunt~

DeletedUser

Hello my dears, it's Thursday and you know what that means :)
We got a question this week, but it's so sad to see just one. Please, please, please mail me some questions!

Dear Aunty Sapphire

I am the proud owner of quite a splendid polis, unfortunately my neighbours are not as house proud as myself and frequently leave large quantities of Timber , Rock and silver lying about for all and sundry to trip over. Recently I have started clearing these materials for safety.
My neighbours have taken umbridge at my attempts to keep the island tidy and have unsuccessfully attempted to batter down my city gates.
Your advice please, your Humble Servant,

Worried of Grepolis

Dear Worried,

I commend you on your efforts to keep your isle tidy. Where I come from there is a saying ‘keep it green’ which encourages people to pick up litter so we can all live in a cleaner, healthier enviroment. I think the core of the problem on your island is the lack of a committee. No one can explain the reasons for ‘caring for the enviroment’ policies as well as a group of 5-7 middle aged councillors who have experience through programmes related to Green Peace extremism. Just remind your neighbors that you have been courteous enough not to mention the fact that their lumber was home to a rare algae which through their negligence has now been introduced to the very fragile water habitat of the Elephant Koi fish in their harbours. This particular breed of fish has since died out in Grepolis and I feel it is a great loss to the game.
Please continue your efforts, I’m sure that if the Elephant Koi were still about then they would certainly appreciate your efforts.

~Aunty Sapphie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It’s that time again,

The 7 Deadly Sin Awards!

Lust ~ The player I most want to be based on their performance in game

214v4zt.jpg

Dingy of D.N. has taken this teacup from Barry69, also from D.N. and although I’m sad to see that our reliably balanced fellow has been upsurped it’s from the same ‘family’ so I guess it’s just time for someone else to run the family business.

Anger ~ The player who shows the most aggression in game

2j519a1.jpg

Dingy also has this teacup, what an achiever! With quite nearly double the ABP as the number 2 attacker, it looks like we have war god in Sigma. Hope everyone has some sacrifices ready Just incase he comes to visit :p

Sloth ~ the active member of the forum who isn’t so active in game

2qtzj1e.jpg

I’ve noticed since I gave this teacup to TTM last week he has strangely gone quiet...I’m sure it’s just a coincidence. This week I was tempted to give it to him again but with him not commenting as much it seems hardly fair. However I’ve noticed other ‘lazy’ posters who will post in our world without playing it :p You know who I’m talking about; Jtin46 and Kyemera. So this week you can both share the teacup!

Covetousness ~ The City I want most based on name and points

4jx7dc.jpg

Bishop99 of N-W-O has a city which intrigues me….BEANTOWN. I can’t for the life of me see the inspiration or what could be inside this town and my curiosity has led me to give him the teacup.

Gluttony~ The Player who takes the most cities in game

xmss2t.jpg

whosaylove has taken another 2 cities, Kudos! That makes 12 cities under your name, how long can you keep your hungry, hungry self going at this pace?

Pride ~ The Best Alliance in game (My Opinion)

f53jnt.jpg

Is there any surprise here? D.N. Still hold top spots, well done guys. It would be great to see some more external forum activity from you guys, show us some of your reports!

Envy ~ The Alliance I want to be in based on performance in game

5nw0g4.jpg

I am still quite happy where I am in my little rim alliance but if you think that your alliance is better, let me know why. Mail me in game and the best advertisement will get this teacup in future.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So it was suggested last week that we do a Top 12 alliance comparison of the core alliances, and then the rim alliances. If you think I should introduce this into Agony Aunt then let me know. If I get 15 people or more asking for it then I will put in the extra effort :p

That’s me done for another week, don’t forget to send in those questions

~Aunty Sapphie

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Its curious how whosaylove has enough culture for 12 cities...

he has 10869 BP thats only 36 culture points from BP.
you need 165 culture points to get 12 cities.

Assuming he hasn't reset any researches, thats 129 purchased culture points.

Which is 6450 gold, or 6million resources (or a combination of both)... he must want that teacup bad...

DeletedUser

Good job Sapphire, your topics are almost the only ones I find interesting in this forum.

Dingy, tonight I'll have enough points for twelve cities too, and there's no secret : festival, festival, festival. And festival again. Olympic games would cost too much real money for the same result ! But I wonder how you can have only ten cities with so much CP gained from BP :/

DeletedUser829

Dingy,CP are easy to get. The problem is some of us have wiped out every player around us so we have to go 5+ hours to find BP. fricken moral.

DeletedUser

Hmm thats quite interesting, festivals and BP seem pretty even in terms of both time and resources.

I have 160CP from BP with none from festivals.
160CP = 6.95million resources in dead units (wow it adds up! Also included in the price is the horses ive lost unlocking all the farms which is maybe 1m resources)

you have 55CP from BP and for ease of comparison, ~105 festivals.
105 festivals = 5.0million resources
55CP from BP = (say an extra 2million going by my BP ratio)
total = 7m

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yeah quite right Dingy... interesting ! But I have no choice, I cleared everybody around me and with this damned moral...

DeletedUser829

Just do what I do, Help players get better cities by coaching them. Be their friends. Then when they hit the 80-90% moral mark, CONQUER THEM!

DeletedUser

Just do what I do, Help players get better cities by coaching them. Be their friends. Then when they hit the 80-90% moral mark, CONQUER THEM!
Even coached players can't reach this rate, I grow faster than them ^^'

DeletedUser829

That's why we belive in economy. Here at D.N. we prize our feztivals, parties, and theater shows. We find attacking people to be too brutal. We're petitioning for Sigma to turn into Sigma Cares.

DeletedUser

Welcome to the D.N. fellows who have come out of the servers to enlighten us :)

So far it's 1 person interested in the top 12 idea, if you guys think it should just be top 12 rim alliances or just 12 core alliances....let me know! I can't put up what you want to see if you don't tell me what it is you want to see :p

DeletedUser829

I've been here since the begining, but trying to keep a low profile so we don't shine the light too much.

Believe it or not, rim alliances - good ones, can get scary strong.

Just because they're not in the core doesn't mean they don't know what they're doing.

Time will tell that there will be central wars, and wars outside center that will influence center.

Really, being on the rim at this time and being a solid player is a very good thing at times.

DeletedUser

Dingy,CP are easy to get. The problem is some of us have wiped out every player around us so we have to go 5+ hours to find BP. fricken moral.

Yea I have the same problem. People are slow growers. There's a few nearby that I would continue to hit for resources, but once they hit 20-40%, it does a heavy toll on your army for the little resources you gather. I learned the hard way what 200 Militia can do to your army when your morale is at 25%. O_O

Perhaps grow slower? Keep a monitor on their growth and just continue to hit them until they quit. This way you get to maximize your BP. Yea you don't get to have tons of cities but later on you can grow pretty fast if you choose to.