Inactive Topic "Silver Land" Express!

DeletedUser

Proposal: Create an area wherein there is silver usage only, and/or areas with gold "caps".
Archives: I've seen many ideas that touch on the subject of gold usage (petitions, etc.), but I do not see one that is similar to this.
Reason: It's my belief/hope that this idea would eliminate the argument/debate over who is "right" in regard to gold usage and simply provide the opportunity for players of both persuasions to play freely. I believe it respects both "camps" on this issue.
Details: Players which show "gold inactivity" would be given the option of playing in a silver only and/or gold "cap" area. Other players would continue "in the field" as usual. Gold "cap" areas could be tiered to "even the playing field" for those who are so inclined to desire/prefer this option. Those could be limited to 3 or so options of gold usage. Players in the silver only and/or gold "cap" areas could be offered "package deals" that all other players in such areas are offered once a month or so. Also, an option can be given for these same players to choose to enter the "in the fields" areas should it be due to "learning the ropes", a financial change, etc.
Balance: It would provide areas for gold and non-gold users alike to play the game. It wouldn't be mandatory so as to consider/respect those that accept "in the field" conditions, come what may regardless of whether they utilize gold or not.
Abuse Prevention: Again, players being given this option must show "gold inactivity". So, there would be assurance that players would not be able to "build up" their city utilizing gold and then decide to "hop on over" to the silver only area. As for gold "cap" areas, only those who are within those limits would be allowed that option. Players already having a city wherein they have utilized gold but would like to try out the silver only/gold "cap" areas must, again, meet the limitations. This may mean they will have to have a new city, start over, etc. In order for this to work, there can be no exceptions to the limits decided upon. Also, those limits should remain static so as to eliminate feelings of being given "false hope" and/or a "raw deal".

Summary: I hope that this idea will allow players of both persuasions an option that will "free up" the game so that all may play to their content whatever their leanings in the gold usage issue are. It's possible Inno Games will also benefit from this as it may retain new players and/or bring back seasoned ones. I am entirely new to this game. I just completed my 5 day interval yesterday on my first city. So, believe me, I am completely open and welcoming to any ideas/suggestions that correct or build on this idea. I do not "own" this idea. I'm only presenting it as I have seen this issue debated and hotly disputed nearly everywhere I go in the Forum section. I offer this as a compromise/possible solution. So, I certainly welcome any and all feedback.

Thank you to FigTree for her continuing patience with me and letting me know what the protocols for forum posting are.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

And you may very well be right. Yet, consider this: The two issues I see the most of are the war (might as well call it that) over gold usage AND the dismay over how many players/worlds are being lost. I see those two issues as possibly being "hand in hand". So, though it may not have been their original intention /model for this game, it might be worth looking into for them.

By the way, I do like the post you gave.

DeletedUser

Blushing furiously, she hides her face behind her hands, peeks out between her fingers, and squeaks, “Sorry?!” to FigTree.

How embarrassing! Well, just consider that further proof of FigTrees patience with me!

Sorry for the delay in responding all. I had some actions to do and things to square away in the game before I dare logged on to post this. In fact, I'm going to be “copy/pasting” this and promptly logging right back out! You never know when I'll be scrolling through the Forum section unlogged in and then come in for a quick “copy/paste” and then exit. LOL

Thank you for the warm welcome.