Sim City Delos

DeletedUser

Hello, We'd like to welcome everyone to 'Sim City Delos'.

(For reference: http://grepointel.com/map.php?server=en50&ref=wf30vmyuodbnbbgvp07y1jgmoq11x0slvypcrm0k)

Here we like to take the easy way out, constantly merging and backstabbing our way to the top. While peacefully colonizing, taking internals and inactives without a fight, because who likes fighting in a war game? Such silliness!

Our first city builders is LD. A once strong alliance whom merged with ER not that many months ago(and expected move although it happened early).
Our next builder is ER, also a once strong alliance whom merged with their allies LD rather earlier than expected.
The next player in this game is EoD(The vulture and hyena's of the bunch). A well organized alliance very skilled at taking inactives and promoting propaganda.

Last but not least we have CL, who declares "There is nothing we don't know about this game."

Did you know that all 4 alliances were pacted just so they could fight one alliance?(DI).

Of the four, CL did the most damage, and was well respected for it. EoD was only able to take inactives(hence why they have started colonizing in order to look like they are making progress). ER has always been far off from DI and decided to focus on lesser groups to the north(easy targets). And last but not least, LD, who did a moderate job of taking cities from others - and is nearly as good as EoD in promoting propaganda(LD loves to recruit spies).

Once, long ago, CL leadership approached DI asking for a pact, whilst declaring a 'ceasefire' they continued to attack us, broke an agreement with DI and joined what was to be known as the '4 Sisters alliance'. All's fair in love and war, but an agreement had been reached - Oh well.

Months later, after fighting alliances on every side, DI went from 100 members to less than 40. Not from getting attacked and pushed back mind you, but due to bannings, inactives and backstabs from another pact alliance AW(now mostly a part of EoD)

This is where CL leadership and DI leadership then came to an agreement to form a merge. Things seemed to be moving along fine. CL even had grand designs of being able to drive a wedge between EoD and ExLD and making them turn on each other. Then CL tried demanding that DI break our pact with Aurora because AU attacked a Centauri Haze city. We said no, because we actually like to stand by our agreements and pacts that we make. CL then tried accusing us of being unwilling or unable to fight, rather insulting, and obviously untrue, given the fact we outranked them in both APB and DPB.
12 hours later, CL is putting the merge "on hold" and asked us to "wait through the weekend". Suspicious, but hey, we assumed people were like us and kept their word.... such a foolish assumption on our part

And now, the present...and as you can tell by the map above - CL reneged on the agreement. They then joined ExLD.

We would like to give a special thanks to CL leadership for showing such honor and integrity. Take a bow - Giant M, Bisceglia, bugaMKD, rance163, andredegoeij, bagerloss, Mitja Veliki, and Ace.

I would like to congratulate ExLD for labeling DI an MRA whilst being a MPA(and now their very own MRA!) - you truly know how to play sim city, I hope you and your sim's go far.

We will see you on the battlefield, no matter the numbers(currently at 250+ vs <40). DI will fight, and at least we know we stand with honor, integrity, and respect.

DI leadership.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I fail to see merit to your complaint...

This is a war game, and it is as much about strategy as it is about battles. We had the strategy from the very beginning to limit our pacts for an eventual merge before WW. The process has started. Is it our fault that alliance after alliance has crumbled against us?... Well, heck yeah it is, hence the spoils of war, bud. We work together as a team.
So our team is kicking DI and you are feeling like the only ones we focus upon? Give MOW a call sometime. I would say ask Aurora, but they haven't been an issue for quite sometime just as the ones that were defeated and reformed to other alliances that would then fall apart in the history of this particular world.
I do agree, we are having to do quite a few internals currently, but that will end soon enough. Summer is rough on all alliances losing members.
Stop complaining and get to playing. If ExLD is too hard on you, get out of our oceans. We live and play by two codes:
1) We conquer players, not cities.
2) If its not blue or green, its food.

DeletedUser1405

What a waste of my time it was reading that. What happened to the decent people in DI, i moved into Delos along with a few others from Epsilon and we went our separate ways i to ER and the others formed DI. The early days in DI it was all great battling between our Two alliances and inbetween we had our chats as friends normally do.
On reading this i take it all these decent sorts have up and left because what i am reading above is an alliance with around 20 actives with leaders blaming everyone but themselves for there downfall.
As it says in the posts above we always had every intention of pulling the 4 alliances together and everyone knew it, so now 3 of them have merged and all the whining starts. Sort your own problems out before criticising others.

And i noticed your maths is as good as your whining, we haven't got anywhere near the numbers you post and neither have you as the whole of Delos knows.

DeletedUser29066

Almost every major alliance in Delos has at one time or other talked to most every other major alliance about either a pact, NAP or at very least a Gentlemen's Agreement to work together against someone else. I even had contacts with Grimm and Itkovian of DI a long, long time ago about working together against Myrmidons. Itkovian always hoped LD would agree to a NAP with DI so they could focus on CL, but I was up front with him and told him war between LD and DI was inevitable due to geography. It was never personal, and we never had dislike for DI. We actually respected their ability. They were simply the only enemy left for us to fight in the east, and Itkovian understood that. He didn't whine about it. Not sure who replaced him, as I have had no talks with any DI leaders since.

FlcoBlades

Phrourach
Almost every major alliance in Delos has at one time or other talked to most every other major alliance about either a pact, NAP or at very least a Gentlemen's Agreement to work together against someone else. I even had contacts with Grimm and Itkovian of DI a long, long time ago about working together against Myrmidons. Itkovian always hoped LD would agree to a NAP with DI so they could focus on CL, but I was up front with him and told him war between LD and DI was inevitable due to geography. It was never personal, and we never had dislike for DI. We actually respected their ability. They were simply the only enemy left for us to fight in the east, and Itkovian understood that. He didn't whine about it. Not sure who replaced him, as I have had no talks with any DI leaders since.

I miss him, he was one of the best Diplomats and friends I've ever had in this game.

DeletedUser30931

This is a very sad day for a once great alliance. Delos Imperium has been caught trying to recruit our players in a petty attempt to win back any opportunity to survive the game--or even just one more month of a failing fight. Not only have our players been forwarding their pathetic attempts of recruitment, but I see they have attempted propaganda toward the Delos server here on the external forums. Are these petty measures what would make your ex-leaders proud? Is this what your once great alliance has come to?

I do wish you all at DI the best of luck, but to be completely honest, you may have better luck on a new sever.

Cheers,
Oely

DeletedUser37733

I guess we'll have to give DI what they're asking for...

DeletedUser41523

Rule number one to posting propaganda on the externals. Know what the heck your talking about.

Anyone who played the first month of Delos know why three of those four alliances pacted. Back in November LD, ER, EoD, and AU all agreed to work together due to a larger threat rising. Anyone who played an old school world like Alpha knows that sometimes MPA/MRAs can be well organized and very successful. Well it just so happened that an alliance called Myrmidons was trying to organize that with several other alliances. These alliances formed on every side and had the potential to be problematic if ever well organized. Common sense says that everyone who started as a noob when this world started is a significantly better player now. If they refused to learn then they were rimmed or quit. So naturally LD created its own team to solve the problem and prevent this union from being able to overwhelm each of them individually.

So technically most of the alliances didn't unite to fight DI. They united to fight multiple alliances that were on the rise at the time and felt threatened by LD and other core alliances. As time went on new challenges arose and the teams never saw a need for the pacts to end due to the time spent working so closely with each other. The only team that ever really fell out of grace from this union was Aurora. And hopefully everyone knows the story behind them at least considering its played a huge role in the out come of the server thus far.

DeletedUser

I still like that name vultures and hyenas... completely untrue but what ever helps you sleep at night.

I am referring to a10pounder

DeletedUser1405

You know he's telling the truth so why post that comment, i think everyone in Delos knows why we all pacted.

DeletedUser

Its always FUN looking back at the Darker Days of the early Server world & yeah hilarious how things turn out at times.
Cheers R