-Single most favorite unit-

DeletedUser

This is a pretty straight forward thread.

I want you to name your favorite unit over all the other units, this includes standard, as well as mythical units, ships, as well as flying units.

Also please leave a brief explanation of why you hold that unit at such high regard.

To start it off my favorite unit is the hoplite, I prefer this unit because they handle offense & defense surprisingly well at a fraction of the farm space it requires to train a chariot.

So, what's your favorite unit?

DeletedUser

My favorite unit is the horseman, One of the better attackers of the game and are really fast so are good for farming ;)

DeletedUser

My favourite unit is the Medusa because it has the highest attack over all the unit per population space (beating Slingers by 0.6 :p), and the medusa also has the 2nd highest total defense of all land units per population space. She also has a moderately high looting capabilities which is good for attacking and raiding other cities by sea but not farming over land due to it's low speed.

DeletedUser

Chariot! USed for attack and defense, I now have an army of 300 of them in 1 of my cities, I think of it as "300 Spar.... I mean chariots!" :p

DeletedUser10837

It's a toss up between light ships and manticores.

Light ships for smashing through heavy bireme defense.

Manticores because they attack hard and don't require transports.

DeletedUser

slingers

cheap, easy, and have some power

but if you join my army as a slinger, you wont live long.

DeletedUser6812

Light ship by a mile. I intent to have 10,000 Ls soon :D (if I let them all get built up!)

Land - Slinger. cheap + expendable (sling bombs easily best attack vs cost ratio)

God - Pegasus (aka Flying chicken or flying wall)

DeletedUser6983

Ship: LS.. Cant live without these and it always does some damage with around 200 of em.

Land: I love my Slingers, Way cheap and fast to biuld. Not really defensive but im never on that side.

God unit: I love Either Manticores or Hydra's. Love how they fly over the walls, cost lots of favor, but always good to have around 10+ that will do damage.

DeletedUser

Ship: Bireme, very good for defense plus spare silver for your cave. But I like LS too.

Land: Chariot, solid unit overall which you can get from divine sign.

Mythical: Don't like to use them, but if so Manticore, a great way to skip over bireme walls and do a lot of damage.

DeletedUser

Personally I mass out on manticores in most of my cities a few waves of 36+ of them can clear almost any city :)

DeletedUser6983

hmmm. Which god do u have to use to do that??? are there more that only penguins know about???

DeletedUser

My favorite myth unit by far is the Manticore, If you combind them with other units there unstoppable!

DeletedUser

favorite sea unit, tireme. Definitly worth the price. Has defense almost double of bireme, and can attack too. So you won't get stuck with a bunch of fireships left in harbor when offline and get attacked.

Land would have to be hoplite. good offense, good defense against horsemen and chariots. A defensive force of hoplites and swordsmen,(plus a few archers for farming) is an unstoppable land force.

God would have to be manticore. 1 manticore can take out 100 swordsmen. Literrally, try it out in simulator. I also like hydra. They are awsome naval force and about 20 of them is all you need. Downfall, they take level 25 temple and are Very expensive

DeletedUser

Fav. Land Unit(s)
Militia. By far. At a lv. 25 wall, 40 farm and tower with phalanx and city guard, the "poor peasants armed with pitchforks" can take out 500 hoplites or 150+ chariots.
Swordsmen- Great against slingers, which people like. Works well with militia. Only when you are active :p

Naval unit-
light ship
AWESOME POWER IN NUMBERS!!!

Mythical-
Medusas
Great in offense and defense, but costs a lot. When you play in fast worlds, cost is not so much.

DeletedUser

Fav. Land Unit(s)
Militia. By far. At a lv. 25 wall, 40 farm and tower with phalanx and city guard, the "poor peasants armed with pitchforks" can take out 500 hoplites or 150+ chariots.
Swordsmen- Great against slingers, which people like. Works well with militia. Only when you are active :p

Naval unit-
light ship

Mythical-
Medusas
Great in offense and defense, but costs a lot. When you play in fast worlds, cost is not so much.

Fav. Land Unit(s)

Naval unit-
light ship

Mythical-
Medusas

You posted the same thing twice. Bad boy or girl:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: