Top 12 Sink or Swim+Discussion

DeletedUser42857

Says he hasnt seen anyone complain about gold use:

Makes a thread complaining about gold use:

https://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?56365-Congratulations-Inno-on-finally-killing-Grepo

Now which part did i get wrong dimmy?

Thats not a critisism of individual players or alliances using gold

thats a critisism of inno putting in place an event with 3 x myth offensive nukes and no corresponding defence, and instant build.

Ive no issue with gold "use", gold "abuse" is another matter, but in regards that post, thats purely aimed at Inno for being a bunch of moneygrabbing ********** with no consideration for the game.

DeletedUser44321

lets get a new top 12 going

stop bantering about gold, if people abuse it let them abuse it. it's sad people have to spend so much just to give themselves the upper hand leave it at that

DeletedUser44321

don't know enough about top 12 to do so in a Rim alliance haven't met the big boys just yet

DeletedUser

Ok, here is top-12. Don't shoot me straight away, just trying to stay on topic.

1 Eviction Notice 11343625 SWIM
They use the proven concept of playing grepolis. Everything you need to win the world is here: strategy, players, leaders, experience, numbers, pacts, participation, wars. The main favorite apparently. Rather innogames will dissolve grepolis's web-designer team, than EN will lose a grip in Abdera. They have taken 054 under control and made 044 vacationland cemetary for ex-Average Joes and Just the Tip players.
The next move will be interesting to see. Who will be the next in ocean 44, maybe Dragon Hunters or they will go to ocean 45 to finish JTT? Or maybe they will turn to the east and face QoQ? Anyway hundreds of cities will be taken by this team.

2 Quality over Quantity 11115861 SWIM
I would name their strategy as a "new wave of grepolis". It is based on clustering in one ocean, allegedly simulating bp by killing their own troops, converting it to city slots, and building up cities from scratch. It is all sharpened for WW era. Additionally they prefer to stay a tight group of players and those players are experienced. So we had better consider this alliance as a contender, maybe closer to WW stage they will revise their tactic and take in some players to get numbers for sending resources. But even today they are able to finish 1-2 WW at level 10.

3 Eviction-Notice 10763843 SWIM
See EN

4 Written In Blood 9443377 Merge
It is always hard to play in the core, you need to worry just about every side of your ocean and show reasonable diplo skills. From this situation they got the best they could. Despite JTT complaints, they made the right choice and secured north. I don't see them as WW builders, but they will do next: cut the extra weight and form one main alliance from big active players who will survive "hardcore in the core" and one sister with 10 city nice guys. Then they will merge to other alliance (supposedly northern alliance) closer to WW stage.

5 Nuns With Guns 7855322 Merge (with VI) or Sink
They own ocean 56, and their future depends on the next move. Alone they are not contenders and if they fall in war with their eastern neighbor, I predict they will lose. If they fall in war with their northern neighbor, I predict the same (unless they make a solid pact with QoQ, although QoQ seems to be not really interested in ocean 55). To conclude they will face two choices: Merge with other alliance or stay as a small-rim-alliance. In my opinion they will surrender to or merge with Vanilla Ice sooner or later, if they want to stay competitive. They just don't have another option. Well, there is a possibility for them to merge with Bloods, but Bloods already have 3 branches.

6 Just the Tip 6597703 Sink (split to LD and DH)
They're having hard times. Initially they had the same enviroments as EN, decent experienced players, solid team, core ocean. But from the first day they started to complain about EN and were so infatuated staring at EN's lawn, so totally forgot about their own. Then a beatiful garden became a dense forest, the forest where leaders hide in 5 days intentional ban from attacks. It's not a secret of pandora how that's happened. As I said, they had everything, but let's look closer at what their leaders have done and we might even write a book: "How not to lead in grepolis". They easily could have worked on their own alliance, collect dbp from northeast front - convert it to city slots - and expand step by step in their core ocean, fortify borders, but they chose several weird pacts with unorganized alliances like Average Joes, and concentrated on skype talking to form a coalition. Then they made even worse move - took in 044 players (put them to The Shaft mostly) and got hundreds of cities to defend from EN. There was no surpise they were losing dozen of cities, and guess what? They blamed inno event and manticore nukes. Don't get me wrong, I'm really sad to see JTT sinking, as I expected a good fight here, but their leaders acted and still acting like grepo-novices. They're losing a war to their inner demons.

7 Vanilla Ice 5272736 Swim (Merge with NWG)
This guys from Sinope (where they have shown wise leadership and terrific teamwork) and we can recognize their style here. They took ocean 66 under control and this world has just started for them, as their next move will determine their future. Basically they have two choices: battle for the east (vs QoQ) or battle for the south (vs Nuns With Guns). I bet the second option will take a place. So finally we will get the potential contender here. Definitely it's worth to watch after them.

8 Dragon Hunters 4814329 Swim
At the first glance it's a Rim allaince fighting another Rim alliance The Hammer to control the Rim lol. It's typical to such project to have the dozen of novices (noobs as they named in grepo community). They may attack with swords and defend with LS, but we shall not be mistaken and we can see a potential here. First of all, they get a benefit from all EN wars. Noobs can be taught and become reasonable players. We have to add ArjaaneZ factor here. He's smart, experienced and master in building a solid alliance from several small teams. But a lot has to be done: all those alliances Tuatha, Independent, Nameless and several others should be accusited. If they fight one-on-one against The Hammer, they will win this war and take under control wished areas. Tell you more, maybe they will take few JTT/Shaft guys on board (if they fell). The only danger for them is getting too close to EN, which they will avoid I feel.

9 Blood Thirsty 4390523 Merge
see Bloods

10 The Hammer 4267374 SINK (or float as an extra small team)
Rim alliance. No surprises here: small group of players who want to play together, in process of time they take on board few novices, and here another The Hammer branded alliance and another battle for the rim. Basically The Hammer appears in every world, never seen them as a real contender though. (kinda like Harpoon). I think I'll never understand the motivation to play in such alliance.

11 Legion of Death 3956096 - SWIM (risky bet though)
Another small alliance with potential. They're definetly getting a benefit from JTT hysterics and Sir Henriksen is popular among JTT guys, so when JTT players realize that they have an option to change leaders and play under wise leadership (and if sir H. has time for leading properly), they will jump to LD and try to keep ocean 45 under control. I suppose LD will keep it classic and expand in ocean 45, then move step by step. But if they take ocean 44 players in, they will be doomed just as JTT, minus hysterical component I hope.

12 Blood Frenzy 3609388 Merge
see WIB

Last edited by a moderator:

Ranga1

Strategos
Cant give you any plus again so ill have to say here, really good read for someone not playing in this world. Im sure some will disagree with some comments....but I thought it was very well written :)

DeletedUser

The 'new wave' of grepolis alliances is to cluster together? So traditionally alliances try to get as far away from there team mates as possible? Have I been playing a different game for 4 years?

DeletedUser36743

2 Quality over Quantity 11115861 SWIM
I would name their strategy as a "new wave of grepolis". It is based on clustering in one ocean, allegedly simulating bp by killing their own troops, converting it to city slots, and building up cities from scratch. It is all sharpened for WW era. Additionally they prefer to stay a tight group of players and those players are experienced. So we had better consider this alliance as a contender, maybe closer to WW stage they will revise their tactic and take in some players to get numbers for sending resources. But even today they are able to finish 1-2 WW at level 10.

First a +rep for a well written Top 12...

Just wanted to add... am pretty impressed with the strategy adopted by QOQ... single mindedly securing their ocean....making a U235 like dense core... drifting away from the O55.... keeping out of fights with the biggies....smart play...

Added to that is the high player point/abp rankings... so whilst peeps might take pot shots... i think its pretty clear they are doing more than just something right...

Eventually paths with larger alliances will cross... remains to be seen how they measure up.... however ensuring that the tts are long will even the odd on any numerical superiority enjoyed by others...

I think they are gonna be responsible to make this world fun**

** - unlike the cry babies who started bawling and threw their toys from the prams in the first 24 hours itself

DeletedUser51175

what about Vanilla arentwe just as good or are we doin somthing wrong :( ? we also wanna have funn?

DeletedUser49059

7 Vanilla Ice 5272736 Swim (Merge with NWG)
This guys from Sinope (where they have shown wise leadership and terrific teamwork) and we can recognize their style here. They took ocean 66 under control and this world has just started for them, as their next move will determine their future. Basically they have two choices: battle for the east (vs QoQ) or battle for the south (vs Nuns With Guns). I bet the second option will take a place. So finally we will get the potential contender here. Definitely it's worth to watch after them.

Merge...hmmm...we really aren't the merging kind. We practiced our "play well with others" skills enough in Sinope to last most of us several worlds of play to come. Not here for WW at this point...not here to hold hands and sing "Kumbaya" (spelling probably off, I know) this go around.

QoQ will prove a good challenge, especially if they continue to expand into our ocean (QoQ- in case you haven't noticed- that would be 66, it's directly South of where you all are bp farming one another...so that guy said, right?). We all saw what happened when Comings pulled that move in Sinope- it wasn't really something that we thought a whole lot of, and I think that it started a war if I remember correctly.