Top 12 Sink or Swim+Discussion

DeletedUser31385

I will be watching this forum like a hawk as it appears rules are still being broken despite my warnings. Thread re-opened. Next time rule breaking occurs on this scale, the thread will stay locked and infractions will be issued as needed.

Last edited:

DeletedUser21625

could you at least tell us what the problems are?

"next time rule breaking occurs on this scale", is a bit vague, you know?

DeletedUser31385

Spamming, insulting other members, image violations, foul/inappropriate language, and accusations of cheating. It is unacceptable to continue violating my warnings like this. I already told people to knock it off and yet it continued.

Last edited:

DeletedUser49059

Spamming, insulting other members, image violations, foul/inappropriate language, and accusations of cheating. It is unacceptable to continue violating my warnings like this. I already told people to knock it off and yet it continued.

No offense intended with this question, and no personal disrespect either...however...

1. Whatever happened to "freedom of speech" and freedom of ideas?
2. Why have you chosen to make Abdera what seems like a "personal mission" more than it does typical forum regulation?

Sure, there should be lines that are not crossed. But to most of us, I would bet you statement comes off more as a "power trip" than as a concerned moderator whose intend is to improve content on the forum. And frankly, I don't think that is a perception that you really are looking for.

If you really wanted to make a difference, I would suggest that you took up this crusade long ago, when Sinope had some of the ugliest posts I have ever seen on the externals...and which were far more agressive than most people are here. Sure, players disagree...but at the end of the day, everyone enjoys reading what Dimmy, Canby, Prateek, Sloth, Jamezbeast and others have to say...and are entitled to share, as they are opinions.

If they were sent in game would you be making such a big deal of it?

DeletedUser21625

I will be watching this forum like a hawk as it appears rules are still being broken despite my warnings. Thread re-opened. Next time rule breaking occurs on this scale, the thread will stay locked and infractions will be issued as needed.

I hope plain speaking is not yet against the rules. You volunteered to be a mod. If you see rules being broken, you can remove the offending posts, give individual posters some kind of warning, or that infraction stuff. But, this thread is a community effort and contains the history of the alliances since day one in Abdera. It is fun to go back and read. So, I am saying, why would you punish an entire community, rather than deal with issues as they arise?

This thread is the most read and commented upon thread in the Abdera forum. Do away with it if you please, but i dont think you will be so happy when people simply stop coming around. It would make your job a whole lot easier, though.

DeletedUser

First page alone I see one person who conquers their own cities and another who has 50%+ internals.

Is that the point you were trying to make?

And it's funny how the #3 attacker in world won't come near our frontlines. ^_^

No. What's funny is the #1 attacker never attacks us. NEVER. All said players BP is from hitting friendly cities. It's how said player operates. So please, don't throw stones when your leader is the architect of the glass house...or however the saying goes...

DeletedUser

No. What's funny is the #1 attacker never attacks us. NEVER. All said players BP is from hitting friendly cities. It's how said player operates. So please, don't throw stones when your leader is the architect of the glass house...or however the saying goes...

How did a player conquer cities from an alliance they have never attacked?

DeletedUser

I'm not sure what list you are looking at buddy, but 99% of this players cities are small ghosts or picking off unaligned players.

I support nearly every city attacked by QoQ. Not once have I seen that my support is being attacked by said player. NEVER. Everyone knows this player hits their own team for BP so stop being a cheerleader. If I used a bot, and asked my pals to stack cities with DLU so we could both take turns on BP all day, you guys would have a field day with it on the externals. Any EN player for that matter, it would be an international incident. I'm just calling a spade a spade here.

I'm tired of seeing people praise a false god. I'd rather be ranked 100 and have to earn my BP, then have script doing all my daily work for me, just to log in and hit pals to maintain BP rankings. You forget, I've played on the same side as this player before, I know the tactics. Pathetic, and an embarrassment to the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'm not sure what list you are looking at buddy, but 99% of this players cities are small ghosts or picking off unaligned players.

There is nothing wrong with this.
Im still amazed how people try to use this in a negative way. If somebody is picking up the cities most see as undesirable in your core then thats only a good thing right?

Not the way I enjoy playing the game but im not going to look down on people for playing in a way that benefits their alliance.

I support nearly every city attacked by QoQ. Not once have I seen that my support is being attacked by said player. NEVER.

Just because you dont see a player attacking one specific alliance doesnt mean a player has never attacked anybody

I bet there are a few players in both QoQ and EN that have never attacked each other. This isnt really that surprising, people are dominant in different parts of oceans or focus on different borders. Where EN and QoQ border is really just a bottleneck, small area of contact considering the size of both alliances.

I'd rather be ranked 100 and have to earn my BP, then have script doing all my daily work for me

Completely agree

so stop being a cheerleader

How am I being a cheerleader? If people post things on here that I know is misleading or untrue then I will point it out. Almost everything post from EN has been soley for propaganda purposes over the past few months. Whether that has been in regards to JTT, Bloods or QoQ.

Maybe im the only one sad enough to pick it apart :D

DeletedUser31385

No offense intended with this question, and no personal disrespect either...however...

1. Whatever happened to "freedom of speech" and freedom of ideas
2. Why have you chosen to make Abdera what seems like a "personal mission" more than it does typical forum regulation?

Sure, there should be lines that are not crossed. But to most of us, I would bet you statement comes off more as a "power trip" than as a concerned moderator whose intend is to improve content on the forum. And frankly, I don't think that is a perception that you really are looking for.

If you really wanted to make a difference, I would suggest that you took up this crusade long ago, when Sinope had some of the ugliest posts I have ever seen on the externals...and which were far more agressive than most people are here. Sure, players disagree...but at the end of the day, everyone enjoys reading what Dimmy, Canby, Prateek, Sloth, Jamezbeast and others have to say...and are entitled to share, as they are opinions.

If they were sent in game would you be making such a big deal of it?

You can say whatever as long as it doesn't violate the rules.
I would not have, but I can't choose what rules not to enforce.

DeletedUser42857

Your not the only person you are right, if I had said that then it would not be true.
I think there was quite a bit coming from EN to JTT a while back also some from EN to Bloods (actually that might have been you also lol) and definitely been come insults thrown from EN to QoQ previously other than from yourself.

Interesting...

So En to JTT
and En to Bloods
and En to QOQ

but nothing insulting coming from QOQ. Oh do me a favour.

And people wonder why from time to time I lose it and speak my mind.

DeletedUser

Care is probably not the right word..... but I think im just one of the select few who hasnt lost the will to post yet lol

DeletedUser42857

Almost everything post from EN has been soley for propaganda purposes over the past few months.

Thats what externals are for.

One can say exactly the same about anything posted by QOQ, almost all of it is for propoganda purposes...

Just when someone else says it its "lies and propaganda"

When qoq say it we are expected to believe its the truth :D

DeletedUser

It's all propaganda.

Anyway.... 31 day event? Is this some kind of joke?

Yeah pretty much, by the time this is over it would have been 7/9 of the previous weeks with an event active.
Grepo is just a complete cash cow now and will be milked to death

DeletedUser42857

winter event is always 31 days.

24 days to open the 24 windows and a week on the end.

SlothTzu

Strategos
At least this one seems more difficult/expensive to exploit than the last two, no manti nukes every couple of hours.

DeletedUser

As our Redeemer, I forgive Dim's sins and bless all of you stray sheeps, people on forums. May the Faith be with You...

Let's build one big coalition, instead of two? Make a love, not war?
So we could be founding and help each other with resources, our farms would prosper, we could share Hera's happiness and send biremes, together we could take all 1k ghosts in Abdera and build it up to 17816 points? Our cities would be filled with happy families, without orphans and widows.

Forget about Lightships, they pollute the atmosphere and cause o-zone hole over Abdera

Last edited by a moderator: