Top 12 Sink or Swim+Discussion

DeletedUser21287

Again QoQ at their best. Took 2 cities from EN and screaming like they have stolen the moon.

Nah,no excuses. But in my opinion it's not worth burning 15000 ls for a single city.
Well, unless you have players with super ability, maybe Geoffrey, so they rebuild it in 3 days.

External forum becomes boring and predictable.
When you open grepostats and see QoQ took a city, you come here and you surely see 5+ posts about their greatness.::rolleyes:

About Bloods? Let's admit it finally fellows QoQ?
Bloods are being used by QoQ as a shield, so QoQ can keep that short frontline with EN and use the narrow corridor to sneak into 054 southeast.
The longer this war action between EN and Bloods lasts, the better for QoQ.

What is there for Bloods? Do their players trust Qoq that much, so they blindly follow them being bait?

Few months ago it was fine alliance and I sympathized them, as I it's hard to play in the core. But now they support only few their players and serve to QoQ as a shield and cannon food.

I have no interest in bloods falling, but I don't like to see people being used by group of other people.
My heart is bleeding.

Not true, my alliance supported me in great numbers. Your OP on me was almost a complete failure. You took 2 cities (1 of which I chose not to defend) and the other went to a hounddog player. Anybody with a decent defence can repel you so long as they are active. Perfect example being Ranirup who was OP'd at the same time and lost many cities due to not updating. the initial 100+ attacks I pretty much defended myself without support.

Truth is we are tough to break down. At some point we will have only strong active players capable of defending almost any attack. Sadly we are always on the defensive and as such struggling to launch any counter which means gradually we will decline but at this rate it will take us well past the wonder race.

DeletedUser42857

So can we officially call Bloods dead yet?

Seems they arent even allowed to take their own internals now, we op a player, take half his cities, the other half rather than being internalised are now property of QOQ

oh, and the idiot is still here

s0opxQi.png

Zarun-

Strategos
Thread derailed so let me at least pretend we're still talking about top 12 here.

1. Quality over Quantity - The best simmers, the best fighters, the best cheaters. Well two of those three is according to EN. Have been going at it strong ever since dropping into 65 late. They have secured their home ocean; branched out into 54, 55, 64, 66, 75, and 76. Currently leading all other alliances by a wide margin in points, player average, battle points, and coolness. Possibly the only alliance in Grepolis history to lead city takes/losses over EN by this wide of a margin. Their only disadvantage is the strict adherence to the alliance cap, which may prove difficult to overcome the numbers required for WW. Only time will tell if they are up to that challenge.

2. Eviction Notice / 3. Eviction-Notice - The legend, the legacy. A legacy that has been tarnished in Abdera. This is definitely not another Ialysos where they can expect to run away with the easy win. They are still a very strong alliance nonetheless, and have the numbers advantage. They've managed to secure two oceans and have expanded into a few others. They continue to chip away at Written in Blood while QoQ chips away at them. Wonders will be a different story - where their numbers advantage will finally come into play as skill won't matter.

4. Covered in Blood aka Namechangers - An amazing alliance led by a multiple world winner in jturck. They have done an incredible job of securing their home ocean and expanding into others. What may be even more amazing is the fact they have been in QoQ's backyard and have managed to grow around them while avoiding war. But can they keep it up much longer? Soon they will have no enemies left to fight except the #1 alliance. And with their players mouthing off, it might happen sooner rather than later!

5. Written in Blood - They have survived all server long despite tremendous odds against them. They managed to take most of O55 but are now running into trouble as EN has eliminated all the other soft targets around them. They have some good players but too much dead weight that the tops can't carry. Who knows? They may surprise us still!

6. The Hammer - One of EN's lapdog alliances. zika felt his best chance to win after an embarrassing showing in Sinope was to ally himself with EN. Will it pay off? Yes, it very well might! I haven't paid attention to them so I can't say much but they're doing alright.

7. TUATHA - They've survived with enemies all around. Probably make it to the end of the world. Those guys are on the other side of the world so I don't know much.

8. Independent - World winners from, wow I forget. But yeah they did win a world at some point with many of the same players they have here. They managed to make a top 10 player from EN ghost in an OP so they are more than capable of doing serious damage. A wild card alliance that might help decide the world winner. Definitely worth watching.

9. BlAcK AnArChY - RaNdOm CaPs make words seem cooler so this must be a cool alliance. But if you were to ask me about them all I could say is "yeah no idea." They've survived this long so they'll probably keep doing it.

10. Hounddogs - Another EN lapdog alliance. They recently lost a player who ghosted after getting mass revolted by a lone QoQ member. Well more accurately, his wife ghosted him lol. They've lost cities but made up for it with gains elsewhere. They are now sitting with insane amounts of defense on QoQ frontlines, impeding their advance on EN. Doing their job as cannon fodder, I suppose. They'll stick around.

11. Independent 2 Bn - See Independent.

12. Blood Thirsty - See Written in Blood.

----

There. Now the mods won't delete/lock this thread. As the good android Data would say: "Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing." Scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crZsb7TS16g&t=1m0s

DeletedUser21287

1. Quality over Quantity - Having taken a break form Grepo for a couple of years I had no idea who these guys were. I do recognise a couple who joined later SPQR being one. Jolis, kovert, Osemilisa and CurlyPaul I remember as great players. The rest just impress me more and more. Seemed to have joined the world as a solid group with a clear objective and it has worked. Attack each other for BP? maybe, who cares - blame the developers for allowing such a loophole. They do nothing that the rest of us cannot do. Due to alliance capacity can they win the world? At best stop EN and get a few wonders up first themselves. I think in all fairness as far as the best alliance goes they have already won. Fair play

2. Eviction Notice / 3. Eviction-Notice - Nobody likes these guys for some reason. Typical logic from those who seek to challenge the best in the business. I was part of them several years ago in a world I cannot even remember, probably at the time when I stopped playing so most wont remember me. I do however remember maybe 40-50 of these guys, awesome players who have earned their reputation. If they do win the wonder race then fair play to them though I don't think they can build all 7 before QOQ build at least 2-3. I am positive they expected to defeat us months ago and not 1 of them would have envisaged us to still be fighting at this moment in time. Lets be honest though we are losing ground and if it wasn't for the additional support we would have lost far more cities in the past 2-3 months.

4. Covered in Blood aka Namechangers - Again no idea who these guys are or where they came from but by all accounts well respected and some great players who tick all the right boxes. Close to QOQ without getting into war - good diplomacy or do both share a common interest? Time will tell. Enemies around them defeated - do they head north and attack QOQ (no), west and attack Bloods (they are lol). North West and aim for EN (hope so). Jturk does actually ring a bell from some other world and others speak highly so certainly an alliance to fear. Due to location they could actually complete a wonder before others should they wish.

5. Written in Blood - The underdogs lol. We have been sinking since time began only we are still here. Always tough in the core ocean, lots of alliances to defeat, players joining then leaving only to join again once another alliance fell to us. In the end numbers is not always a good thing, in the early days certain players could log on once a day and conquer easy targets. Log on once a day in a war with EN and you aint gonna last long. 70+ players left from 4 branches (not quite 200 but not far off). maybe 20-30 players capable of mixing it with the best of the other alliances but not enough to pause a true threat. Doing well now - only losing maybe 20 citites a week to EN as opposed to 50 several weeks ago :). We can hold out until the end of the server with the players we have left but we cannot threaten them without help.

6. The Hammer - If they are a branch off of EN then fair play they will swim and be around at the end of the server. No idea who they are so unfortunately I have little to say :(

7. TUATHA - No idea who these are either though I do remember somebody saying how good they were and had they started the world from the beginning maybe they would be in a better position. its seems others are aware of this and as such enemies have kept them at bay.

8. Independent - Irrelevant really. No disrespect intended but they really don't seem to have any impact on this world. By all accounts a good set of players and I am sure they will dominate ocean 33.

9. BlAcK AnArChY - Similar to the above. No impact on this world as to who will win it. Perhaps they have their own little war going on in 35. Good luck to them - just enjoy the game guys :)

10. Hounddogs - Battling with EN against us bloods, some decent players actually. they tend to go unnoticed and attack during EN OP's which isn't a bad thing as they are allies. If EN do win the world it would be great to see them bring on board some of these guys who deserve an award.

11. Independent 2 Bn - See Independent.

12. Blood Thirsty - See Written in Blood.

Zarun-

Strategos
2. Eviction Notice / 3. Eviction-Notice - Nobody likes these guys for some reason. Typical logic from those who seek to challenge the best in the business.

Not quite. They are disliked for their tactics and the attitude of their players.

They have won worlds by dropping in as separate groups "in disguise" and playing dishonest diplomacy to get ahead. They are also known for planting spies in other alliances before worlds even start although they will vehemently deny this.

Violating the alliance cap is also a very common tactic that they've used to win, which has earned them the most scorn imo.

They transformed high speed revolt worlds from a situation where there used to be 3-4 alliances at the end that had the potential to win the world, to where the situation is often their coalition vs another coalition.

It has been a extreme disservice to the game and I would wager it has contributed somewhat to Grepolis' decline over the past couple of years.

DeletedUser

Not quite. They are disliked for their tactics and the attitude of their players.

They have won worlds by dropping in as separate groups "in disguise" and playing dishonest diplomacy to get ahead. They are also known for planting spies in other alliances before worlds even start although they will vehemently deny this.

Violating the alliance cap is also a very common tactic that they've used to win, which has earned them the most scorn imo.

They transformed high speed revolt worlds from a situation where there used to be 3-4 alliances at the end that had the potential to win the world, to where the situation is often their coalition vs another coalition.

It has been a extreme disservice to the game and I would wager it has contributed somewhat to Grepolis' decline over the past couple of years.

Summed up my views perfectly.

DeletedUser20414

Summed up my views perfectly.

Guys... sorry you feel like this.. i can give you all hugs if it will make things better, (there good hugs) I gave sloth a hug.. he didn't notice though...but he strangely feels better about life regardless.

DeletedUser20414

Yeah... I found out the hard way...

But in all seriousness, people actually whining about the fact we killed 8k birs in a city... we have a guy here with 15k LS, it really isn't that much hassle.

Wow i have 34ls.. there all polished and shinny though. I keep them in my harbor to admire, such nice boats.

DeletedUser20414

I did notice :(

I feel bad now, for not noticing you noticed... Does this make me inconsiderate towards your emotions? Maybe people in EN are all nasty and evil like you say.. :( dam i was trying so hard to be nice as well.

DeletedUser20414

All EN are nasty and evil? :eek:
Thats news to me

No it is the opposite way really isnt it..you bullies qoq keep beating us up in our ocean.. its pretty upsetting stuff. I might have to tell my mum on you guys soon for hurting our feelings.

SlothTzu

Strategos
No it is the opposite way really isnt it..you bullies qoq keep beating us up in our ocean.. its pretty upsetting stuff. I might have to tell my mum on you guys soon for hurting our feelings.

Maybe try to stay positive, like Hunkiller, who sent me this, then blocked my PMs before I could reply, because I had 2 ALU cities sank.

If you guys really get excited about stuff of that magnitude... maybe time to start admitting defeat. Best part is, he has lost 4 cities to us. :D

HunKiller today at 10:21
Quite funny seeing you lose your troops LOL!

QOQ fails yet again LOL!

Last edited:

DeletedUser42857

As opposed to Zarun who starts pally conversations with people and then reports them the minute they say a bad word :D

DeletedUser16560

+ rep to Zarun and Martin for bringing thread back on topic.

Martin: What might seem irrelevant, sometimes, thats what sets the balance of power in a server. A shift in policy in the west can bring empires to fall in the east and vice versa. Seen it happening countless times. Just saying. Good reading, tho.

GL&HF, everyone.

DeletedUser21287

+ rep to Zarun and Martin for bringing thread back on topic.

Martin: What might seem irrelevant, sometimes, thats what sets the balance of power in a server. A shift in policy in the west can bring empires to fall in the east and vice versa. Seen it happening countless times. Just saying. Good reading, tho.

GL&HF, everyone.

agreed pal :)

unfortunately I don't know you or the alliance you are in. presumably one in 33 or 35. I have no idea what is going on in those oceans but I hear there are some scary monsters :)

you could make a difference and be a deciding factor however I can only comment on what I know