Top 12 Sink or Swim+Discussion

DeletedUser

264476d2588c8a3a8c6db005251434f2c63c7eaf5402752918719efcb70924bf.jpg

DeletedUser33512

Yeah Canby, this world has been a little disappointing. It was my first time facing actual EN instead of one of their 'cousins' and I was totally ready for this huge fight.

But I am largely unimpressed thus far. It seems they won previous worlds with their sneak tactics and the same old chestnut of recruiting as many players as they possibly can. I always thought they did it with skill, at least some degree of it. :\

If WWs was based on fighting rather than simming we'd won a long time ago.

No, they always did it with sneak tactics. Anyone who played Rho will know that.

DeletedUser

A lazy attempt from a desperate troll would be you ignoring facts and glossing over them by going, waaaaaah its not true and not actually providing anything compelling the other way. :D

trolling generally involves spreading disinformation or lies to create arguments.

1) I wasnt looking to create an argument, i was looking to settle Zaruns ridiculous claim about qoq being the best attackers on the server
2) it wasnt disinformation or lies, it was exact stats.

Trolling is posting something specifically to try and get a reaction, has nothing to do with whether its true or not.

What facts have I ignored?
Im sure EN have had good success against alliances near them and QoQ not very much against alliances 2 oceans away.
Why is this even a surprise? Should QoQ have been running OPs from O65 to O44 to save the 'embarrassment' of when Dimmy pulls his stats out? :D

Your assessment on who is winning the server is based on who has taken more cities from these cherry picked alliances, for some reason.... lol

EN (O44/54) vs Qoq (O65)

Independant (O44)
Inglorious Basterds (O44)
Average Joes (O44/45)
The Shaft (O44/45)
Just the Tip (O44/45)
Blood Bath (O45)
Blood Thirsty (O55)
Blood Frenzy (O55)
Written in Blood (O55)

I could paint any picture I liked if I got to chop and choose which stats to include and which I left out.
So if there are any students or aspiring scientists out there please please do not take Dimmy's approach at data analysis and presentation, you will likely fail your course!

DeletedUser21287

Heard the "merge" was off.

So the short of it..

Qoq said if you dont merge into name changers we are going to take your cities

And

Namechangers said if you dont merge into us we are going to take your cities, oh, and by the way, if you do merge into us, we are going to take your cities in 55.

Credit to the guys at Bloods who veto'd the move despite their founders insistance it was for the best (think founders sometimes are just out to look after themselves). Bloods put themselves in a tough spot, now have alliances on all four sides who are attacking them (or may potentially now be attacking them), but gain credit and respect for not being bullied.

QOQ had nothing to do with it as far as I am aware.

just the bunch of fools who have fought nobodies and are now trying to influence the outcome of this world. believe me there are more players in bloods who respect an honoured enemy in EN than these clowns who would have folded months ago in 55.

DeletedUser42857

cherry picked alliances, for some reason.... lol

EN (O44/54) vs Qoq (O65)

Independant (O44)
Inglorious Basterds (O44)
Average Joes (O44/45)
The Shaft (O44/45)
Just the Tip (O44/45)
Blood Bath (O45)
Blood Thirsty (O55)
Blood Frenzy (O55)
Written in Blood (O55)

I could paint any picture I liked if I got to chop and choose which stats to include and which I left out.
So if there are any students or aspiring scientists out there please please do not take Dimmy's approach at data analysis and presentation, you will likely fail your course!

they werent cherry picked, i picked any alliance that had been in the top 12 or thereabouts (this is the TOP 12 THREAD after all)

And when it comes to taking cities from credible opposition, top 12 alliances, its pretty clear which alliance has taken more than 1000 cities from credible opponents and which alliance has taken only 150 cities from credible opponents (and half of those being handoffs)

Now, of those alliances you say, oh they are in 45, or 55 so they are nowhere near us...

IT WAS QOQ'S DECISION TO LIMIT THEMSELVES TO ONE OCEAN! You can stay in 65, sim away, found on rocks and restrict yourselves to largely fighting rim alliances and then say...

waaaah hes picking on us, hes using stats from alliances in 55

There are plenty of players who started life in 44, 45, 54, 56, 46, that have managed to take cities in 55. Just because you have made a conscious decision to restrict yourselves to a single ocean, you cant then expect us to take you seriously when you try and use "location" as a defence.

SlothTzu

Strategos
you cant then expect us to take you seriously when you try and use "location" as a defence.

Poking my head in.

EN have been using the "location" defense for months. Saying our time will come, blah, blah, blah.

And just like that, I'm out of here.

DeletedUser20414

Poking my head in.

EN have been using the "location" defense for months. Saying our time will come, blah, blah, blah.

And just like that, I'm out of here.

Your time will come, blah blah blah... man i'm sick of saying that... expect for you sloth... your my friend i think your pretty cool.

DeletedUser20414

No, they always did it with sneak tactics. Anyone who played Rho will know that.

Troll. RHO was won by amazing players and nothing else.

This world though... has not played out so well... everyone is on holiday bar a few.

DeletedUser

they werent cherry picked, i picked any alliance that had been in the top 12 or thereabouts (this is the TOP 12 THREAD after all)

Yeah you picked any alliance you remember EN fighting and left out those who they havent, thats why they are all clustered around O44/45/55.
Thats cherry picking, nothing objective about it at all.

And when it comes to taking cities from credible opposition, top 12 alliances, its pretty clear which alliance has taken more than 1000 cities from credible opponents and which alliance has taken only 150 cities from credible opponents (and half of those being handoffs)

For months on end you bash bloods about how 'pathetic' 'useless' or whatever other derogatory term you want to use for them and today they are 'credible opponents' because your argument feels like describing them as so. :D
Please, your so inconsistent.

Now, of those alliances you say, oh they are in 45, or 55 so they are nowhere near us...

IT WAS QOQ'S DECISION TO LIMIT THEMSELVES TO ONE OCEAN! You can stay in 65, sim away, found on rocks and restrict yourselves to largely fighting rim alliances and then say...

waaaah hes picking on us, hes using stats from alliances in 55

There are plenty of players who started life in 44, 45, 54, 56, 46, that have managed to take cities in 55. Just because you have made a conscious decision to restrict yourselves to a single ocean, you cant then expect us to take you seriously when you try and use "location" as a defence.

EN have founded on more rocks than any other alliance out here, check your core sometimes.
QoQ are the #1 alliance in 3 different oceans so your incorrect, again
Im in 6 different oceans, as are many others in QoQ. How many oceans are you in Dim?..... 2 lol

So I ask you, how are DM2912's takes vs QoQ or Name Changers or TUATHA? or any other of the multitude of alliance you are noway near. Please dont even try and use location as an defense, I cannot take a player seriously unless they have loads of takes against those nowhere near them :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser33512

Troll. RHO was won by amazing players and nothing else.

This world though... has not played out so well... everyone is on holiday bar a few.

Wrong. Rho was won by sneak tactics and nothing else. Maybe everyone is hip to these methods now :p this world is better for it.

Zarun-

Strategos
EN can spout stats and compare with QQ all they want.

You are comparing 2 branches totaling 100 players vs 40-45. On top of that you've had at least 2 other alliances doing your bidding all world. We don't have anyone else sending us def (aside from maybe 1 or 2 isolated incidents where we asked bloods) or sending offense at our own targets.

The simple truth is, you have desperately needed pretty much over 200 players just to stay on this kind of footing with us.

Remove all hounds and hammer from the equation then let's see how well you do defending if you didn't have your cannon fodder.

In the end though, this is a game and I had fun. Having lots of fun finally being attacked, although I do wish it were more of a challenge. But thank you guys nonetheless.

DeletedUser42857

First page alone I see one person who conquers their own cities and another who has 50%+ internals.

Is that the point you were trying to make?

And it's funny how the #3 attacker in world won't come near our frontlines. ^_^

You know what abandoned means? Right?

DeletedUser42857

First page alone I see one person who conquers their own cities and another who has 50%+ internals.

Is that the point you were trying to make?

And it's funny how the #3 attacker in world won't come near our frontlines. ^_^

Shame the #1 attacker in the world is more interested in taking 1k ghosts than coming near ours..

#79 ranked attacker dont seem to keen either.

Youre the one making all the "we are the fighting masters", youre job to come to us. As I said to sloth, ive made my way from 45 to central 55, down to you to meet me in the middle

DeletedUser24407

Why does it have to be up to me to come to you? Can't you guys make a bit of an effort and move west if you want to fight me so much. I'm having fun in 45 with indies and bloods, but plenty of room here for some of you guys to come join in as well.

DeletedUser16560

Well if we get split wonders, someone will have to move and show who the real warriors are!

You guys seem to be big dog fighters, if I had 100 cities, I'd be in my enemy core by now...I mean, I'd have atleast a stack of 8k birs and 3k fts worth of DLU to stand my ground. Maybe not enough to stop a whole alliance but BP wise it would rock the rankings.

Last edited by a moderator: