Top 12 Sink or Swim - Revised!!

DeletedUser

NEW TOP 12 - ABDERA

1). Eviction Notice - Ranked #2 in ABP & DBP. The solid favorite to win the world from the start and the alliance in prime position to make that happen. A recent merge with the Blood family has pushed them firmly into the #1 position. All while fortifying their rankings and giving them control of Ocean 55.

2). Quality over Quntity - Ranked #1 in ABP/DBP. When they started Abdera they weren't even close to the Top 12. They slowly rose to the occasion and crept into that TOP 5. Before we knew it, they were the top contenders. With a botched opportunity with Bloods, they have solidified a relationship with Name Changers to keep them in contention. Many allegations and speculation revolving around the alliance and its players. Regardless, plenty of Quality to their Quantity.

3). Eviction-Notice - Ranked #3 in ABP/DBP. Some say they are the academy of Eviction Notice, or visa versa, but no one can be sure ;). Enter twined with the other branch, they make for one very nice core and a roster packed full of talent. They also took on some Bloods members to round out the roster.

4). Name Changers (Currently Exit by ENtry) - #4 in ABP, but #10 in DBP. This tells me they have played it very safe and have not taken chances here to get them attacked. They have a solid core and some great players, but seem to lack the "Go-Getter" mentality. They will settle for joining QoQ for the WW contention.

5). The Hammer - This group has hung in there and maybe surprised some folks? They have stayed busy and high in the rankings by being engaged with both Independent & Tuatha CO. in 43/44. Some speculated they are part of EN, but they are their own separate entity. Viewing their core, I think it is almost a given however they have a relationship with EN. I'm guessing a mutual relationship to allow them to keep 43/44 solid!

6). TUATHA - Another surprise in my eyes. Many people passed over them in a joking manor early on. Myself included. It was due to them having multiple academies. They had many members, but the quality seemed to be lacking. It seems those who joked about them may be eating their words now, as they have a huge following down in 33/34. I'd bet you will see them continue to get both ABP/DBP.

7). Hounddogs - Another wing of EN, eh? I call bullocks. They are the true ones running the show. Rumor has it they will run up the rankings here soon by delivering a sound blow to EN ;). All ina ll a solid group of players yet again. Solid ABP/DBP. A great piece to EN's puzzle.

8). Independent - Also a surprise. Had sort of a quit start. Then after sound growth, merges with smaller groups like Nameless & Soggy Bottoms, they have become a thorn in the 40's. They seem to be comprised more of defenders, and their DBP proves that. However since Brir had to leave due to a family emergency (Hope all is well Bud!), they seem to be slowly losing cities.

9). Invictus - Who? Yea you know you are asking yourself that very question while reading this. Let me explain... blAcK AnArCHy seems to have fell apart over night, and merged into Invictus. Rounding them out. Now, they have become a huge threat in O35 and have come out of the shadows. Still not going to edge out a win though, regardless of what Pagodaswan says lol.

10). Independent 2BN - I have always wondered what the "2BN" means. Anyone? Well they are the academy to the #8 ranked. Seem to be a good compliment. Not much to say other than would like to see their members grow a bit more, and also improve their ABP/DBP.

11). CARNONOS - One of TUATHA's branches. Not really a whole lot going on here. Their ABP/DBP is non existent. Player average is horrendous. Seems to just be a waiting room or blood bank for their main? Would love to see them help out more. Or not. Either way ....

12). Invictus BA - Again, intrigued by the BA. Whats it mean? What gets me is how is your academy light years a head of you in both ABP/DBP? I think the main alliance needs to do some restructuring and balance themselves out. All in all very surprised with this group however...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The Future!

1). What will come of Oceans 33/34/35?

With all these emerging alliances like TUATHA & CO., Invictus, Indepedent, Hammer etc... Something has to give. I am wondering who will engage who, or if they will all link up for wonders?

2). Who will be the next alliance to either fall or merge?

Recently, after earning their scars as true warriors, the Bloods ended their reign in 55. Majority of their members went to EN, while others went to NC/QoQ, or left the game. I am looking forward to see what the next move is in abdera!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

~ Honorable & Dishonorable Mentions ~

Honorable- Invictus made a big move for the merge, and made waves. It was nice to see something exciting happen and for that you get mention.

Dishonorable - Queen Viv has dropped numerous cities in the past 24 hours. Expected more from the #1 player. For that you get mention...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

& Nowwwwww .....Place your bets!

With WW fast approaching, who do you have winning Abdera. Place your bets!

DeletedUser

Lol what kind of statement is that? its like saying 'when my son was born he was noway near the size of an adult' :D

Thats an ignorant comparison. What I mean is, they had a slow start. They flew under the radar. Then flew up the rankings. If you revisit my evaluations in the previous TOP 12 Sink or Swim, I gave them an "Honorable Mention". The next evaluation they were like 8th in ranking. I said they were the "ones to watch". Now, they are front runners. Point being, no one seen it coming when EN/Bloods/JTT held all the top spots.

That help you process Cantby or do you need one of those little red bouncing balls above the words.

DeletedUser

Thats an ignorant comparison. What I mean is, they had a slow start. They flew under the radar. Then flew up the rankings. If you revisit my evaluations in the previous TOP 12 Sink or Swim, I gave them an "Honorable Mention". The next evaluation they were like 8th in ranking. I said they were the "ones to watch". Now, they are front runners. Point being, no one seen it coming when EN/Bloods/JTT held all the top spots.

Slow start? Really? You just mean they just started slightly later then EN right?
Because 20 players starting 1 week into the server will obviously have less points than those who have filled to the cap from day 1.

DeletedUser

Just plus rep me for my TOP 12 and keep it moving lol. I swear unless someone writes "QoQ is life" on the forum someone has something to say about. I'll take the high road here to ensure this thread don't fill up with BS like the other.

Also, whats your IGN? I don;t see the name Canby in Abdera but the cheer leading is evidence you are in there somewhere.

DeletedUser

Tbh it was an ok top 12 and better than alot of what has been post on here recently
I just dont agree with enough to plus rep (because thats all the repping system is right, agreeing with opinions?)

Also, whats your IGN? I don;t see the name Canby in Abdera but the cheer leading is evidence you are in there somewhere.

Ash Itaka, you all know this
Your leaders invited me to your skype room a few months back :D

DeletedUser

I'll name the dark horse, the hidden gem of Abdera, Invictus BA, as the true winner and the main favorite of WW race, simply because BA - is the abbreviation of "Best Alliance".

They have fought hard from the beginning and we can see a lot of talent in their roster. I would even say, the most talented players in grepolis : quick fingers, nicely built cities, great ratio between God's favor and Heroes.

Also they have shown enough respect and honor and built solid friendship with friends.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser37468

Thank you Praehelios & Tillerland :)

Black Anarchy requested that they merge with us.....the BA stands for, naturally Black Anarchy.....so we agreed and as a result, we grew a little tiny bit

As in the old servers Edessa and Ialysos we like to creep up behind whilst everyone else is fighting each other....we do have a few red flags to play with, so should be quite a lively couple of oceans.....which we all love :D

We have been hovering just outside the top 12 for long enough now, time for us to make our presence felt and maybe pull off a few surprises

I will say that those of us who played in Edessa are really pleased to see Street Bob back in the fight over in EN Group.....he is a great strategic player and its really good to see him back in the saddle again

SlothTzu

Strategos
Just plus rep me for my TOP 12 and keep it moving lol. I swear unless someone writes "QoQ is life" on the forum someone has something to say about. I'll take the high road here to ensure this thread don't fill up with BS like the other.

QoQ is life

(Nice top 12 Prae)

DeletedUser16560

1 - Quality over Quantity- 2,395 cities, strong core. Seem to have the tools to race EN to some of the Wonders, perhaps block them from 7/7 or even 4/7, depending if they side with some other local alliance for the WW's. Time will tell. Surely a Swim.

2 - Eviction Notice- 2,335 cities, Stong core in the core. Dominating and seem to be gearing for another win with the infamous rotation strategy. Definitely a Swim.

3 - Eviction-Notice- 2,098 cities, meh. See above.

4 - Written In Blood- 1,799 cities. Hanging to one of the core oceans, doing well against the odds. EN's stone in the shoe. Don't know much about their diplomacy but as long they play it smartly, is a Swim otherwise i see them floating away from the core. EDIT: SANK

5 - Dixie Normus - 1,644 cities. Looking at their Profile, they seem to have defeated quite a few alliances :p ... Doing well making a core for themselves and will keep doing it. They tick all the boxes to be successful swimmers.

6 - The Hammer - 1,357 cities. Strong core with in the north. Seem to be in bed with EN, after the early cry in Sinope at the start of Abdera when attacked by EN. Maybe in the rotating scheme of things :D. Despite what they go with, surely will swim.

7 - Blood Frenzy - 988 cities. See 4. EDIT: SANK

8 - Independent - 892 cities. Decent core with their associates. Well, what can you say about these guys. Clue is in the name. Swim, Float and Swim. They might have to float at times in the long run to deal with Grepo fatigue.

9 - Hounddogs - 770 cities. Doesnt seem to have a core. EN coathangers. Float, possibly Sink into EN ranks in time to come.

10 - BlAcK AnArChY - 617 cities. Decent core But it seems their biggest enemy is the dead sea in their backyard. Can only expand north or south (they seem to have given up going East) and get into someone's else yard, perhaps will burn out with fatigue or play diplo wisely. I'll say Float, swim and then float or even Sink into some of the big Alliances grasp. EDIT: SANK

This is my Top 10, dont like it then dont read it. Possibly inaccurate in some stances or even untrue, but thats my perception of events.

Apologies in advance for any untruths.

1) EN: New No 1 alliance through a merge with Bloods sank ship...not much to add to what was already was said b4- Contenders to win if they use the rotation con scheme - swim

2) QoQ: Lost top dog place in the points rankings. Still have a shot to compete for a couple of WW - swim

3) E-N: EN No 2 branch - second in line for WW spoils - Swim

4) NC: Still doing well as predicted - May enter the WW competition, or not? Could have a shot at competing for 1 WW, IMO - Swim

5) Hammer: New EN coathangers and some say they are No 4 EN branch- Will keep doing well as long they keep under the skirts of EN - Swim (their academies will SINK when they find no use for them)

6) Tuatha: They started with 5 branches and slimming down to a strong alliance by feeding off their academies. They did well on their multi fronts and showed determination against Hammer and former BA...At war with INVICTUS, now? - Swim

7) Hounds: Still EN's coathangers - No3 EN branch and third in line for the spoils - Will keep under EN skirts to the end - Swim

8) Indie: Still sitting in the same rank position as last top 10 - Will keep doing their thing to the end - Thats how they roll - Swim

9) Invictus: New dog in town - Warring Tuatha? - A war to follow - Swim

10) Indie2: See 8. - Swim

DeletedUser37468

We at Invictus joined the server on the first day that it opened for business and despite many attempts to squish us, we are still there plugging away and generally enjoying ourselves

We pride ourselves on getting up the noses of the opposition....one could say that we are that annoying fly that just refuses to sit still and be swatted

Most of the team has been together since Edessa in 2012 and we evolved slightly in Ialysos....honing our ability to be flippin' annoying as much as we could

We will see this server til the end just as we did Edessa and Ialysos....and a few others too.....we are in it for the duration, wherever that may take us, however rocky the road might be....we might not win it, but we are determined enough to have fun and stubborn enough not to give in

:)

DeletedUser

We at Invictus joined the server on the first day that it opened for business and despite many attempts to squish us, we are still there plugging away and generally enjoying ourselves

We pride ourselves on getting up the noses of the opposition....one could say that we are that annoying fly that just refuses to sit still and be swatted

Most of the team has been together since Edessa in 2012 and we evolved slightly in Ialysos....honing our ability to be flippin' annoying as much as we could

We will see this server til the end just as we did Edessa and Ialysos....and a few others too.....we are in it for the duration, wherever that may take us, however rocky the road might be....we might not win it, but we are determined enough to have fun and stubborn enough not to give in

:)

Sounds like you guys have great spirit :)

DeletedUser37468

Sounds like you guys have great spirit :)

Yep....the enthusiasm comes down from the top level, TJ Phoenix, he has been our head Founder from day one....we enjoy ourselves and many have underestimated us cos we tend to keep quiet unless poked, then we growl a bit.....occasionally we bite

At the end of the day this is a game, those of us who have been together since Edessa have become friends and we have collected new friends along the way

It is fun, it is a game.....it is a release from the poo of day to day life....and its a great way to vent one's frustrations and you get to kill things and not get arrested for it too ;)

DeletedUser

The cockroaches of Abdera! (I mean that in the best way possible!)

Glad to see you are still fighting strong swan, best of luck to you and your crew, bunch of good guys and gals you got!

DeletedUser37468

The cockroaches of Abdera! (I mean that in the best way possible!)

Glad to see you are still fighting strong swan, best of luck to you and your crew, bunch of good guys and gals you got!

erm....not quite sure if that was complimentary or not or just plain cheeky...but will let it slide (for now)

Fighting, yep.....sharpening our claws quite nicely.....although it would be alot easier if we could have a 100 player max instead of 50 (never thought I would be saying that)

Apart from a couple of things that I will not go into that have personally ticked me off, things have pretty much gone to plan so far

...and I even used VM for the very first time since 2012 a couple weeks ago....and no...I was not being attacked in-game either :p

DeletedUser

erm....not quite sure if that was complimentary or not or just plain cheeky...but will let it slide (for now)

Fighting, yep.....sharpening our claws quite nicely.....although it would be alot easier if we could have a 100 player max instead of 50 (never thought I would be saying that)

Apart from a couple of things that I will not go into that have personally ticked me off, things have pretty much gone to plan so far

...and I even used VM for the very first time since 2012 a couple weeks ago....and no...I was not being attacked in-game either :p

Because cockroaches survive everything, its a compliment haha; I'm glad you're still kicking, i expect you to be one of the last alliances standing at the end!

DeletedUser40223

NEW TOP 12 - ABDERA

10). Independent 2BN - I have always wondered what the "2BN" means. Anyone? Well they are the academy to the #8 ranked. Seem to be a good compliment. Not much to say other than would like to see their members grow a bit more, and also improve their ABP/DBP.

2Bn = 2 Battallion mate.. They aren't an academy. I HATE that term as I think it demeans the players. They are Indie period, only reason they are listed that way is because of the alliance cap.. Hope that clears things up for you my friend?

DeletedUser37468

...still here, plugging away despite the best efforts of a few...absolutely marvelous battle points had by almost all

Our previously quiet little corner of the server managed to be quite exciting and fun :D

Gotta love this game....it should be renamed though.....Insomniapolis

Can anyone remind me what that rare, almost extinct thing called "sleep" is, please? ;)

DeletedUser46762

and then the 2nd rate one send a message proving that Kronns account has been taken over

Weasy today at 20:57
Kronn was in the Skype room - he pops in every so often for a catch up. Hence this message which he asked me to send.

Surprised you came back after the second one to be honest - how do you face your team mates even? :O

DeletedUser40223

Seeing as I just came back from VM I have vivid and recent memories of what that is.. Bliss mate, Bliss..

Mind I'm back now and that attack alarm is incessant.. Why do I do this? :D

Fair play to your guys Pag, you've had it just as tough as us.. Fighting against overwhelming numbers since day 1. In fact possibly tougher. The general consensus here is that y'all deserve a medal.. lol..