Top 12 Sink or Swim

• Thread starter DeletedUser41959
  • Start date

DeletedUser15240

It is technically on topic because we are discussing the top 12 alliances, or in this case, the top 2...

Ok, here's my opinions:

The no.1 and no.2 alliances, if they are creditable premades, the fact that they are pacting is quite frankly ridiculous. Pacting at this stage in the game is essentially pointless IMO and weak. If you are a strong alliance you don't need a pact to survive. Later on, it is fine IMO, but at this stage, why would you pact with the supposedly 2nd best alliance. Ultimately, it is actually counterproductive because you are going to have a huge conflict of interest. I can guarentee this will happen in a few months time, at which point you will come and bicker in the forums. I am not doubting you are good, you probably the best alliances on the server, but by pacting, you are essentially killing competition. More than that, you are destroying your potential for growth.

Now looking back, I saw something, really rather amusing. You said you pacted on the 2nd day of BP I believe. Why on earth did you pact so early? Why on earth would a powerful premade pact 5 days before they could actually do anything. Particularly when most of the players will claim that pacting in BP is for noobs. Hypocritical much?

On another note:

So basically in summary tetra
1.you are a terrible player
2. You can't understand English
3. -my favorite- you live in a cage

1. This is baseless, and the fact that you say this makes you arrogant and probably bad yourself
2. English is his first language, and your response was also poorly formated
3. Yes, my cage (smirk)

So in conclusion, the fact that you are pacting to survive for no reason makes you look weak, and not a dominant alliance..

DeletedUser30111

Wall of text alert!

Hypocritical much?

All I see is this and think of you guys in PG/PM and can't take anything you say seriously.
What's happening here is a much less extreme form of what PG/PM did, but I bet if I went on the Lindos forum a few months ago and said anything bad about PG/PM you would be defending their strategy much more harshly then we are here. Regardless I'll take some time to reply to what you've said, so hold on, it'll be a long ride.

Pacting at this stage in the game is essentially pointless IMO and weak. If you are a strong alliance you don't need a pact to survive. Later on, it is fine IMO, but at this stage, why would you pact with the supposedly 2nd best alliance.
Early pacts allow 2 alliances to learn how to work well together and play the game together, we are not here for a short stay, we are not here to be #1 for a month and burn out, we're here to play the game, and the game entails strategy and teamwork. Teamwork requires you to know your teammates and be able to work together, and early pact makes this accessible. The old grepo "myth" (because I can't think of the better word) of no pacts before bp, is something alliances do to make themselves look good, alliances who are not sure of themselves and don't want to be perceived as weak. Well we don't care about perception, we know where we stand and we know we don't require another alliance for survival, we survived many months in Troy on our own.

But this game being a strategy game, it's always good to have someone to have your back when you get in a jam, that's what pacts are for, that's why they were implemented into the game, atleast we are using the pact system correctly and not making academies out of the world or "sister alliances" or whatever other name you want to give to people trying to turn the whole world blue without conquering anyone.

I am not doubting you are good, you probably the best alliances on the server, but by pacting, you are essentially killing competition. More than that, you are destroying your potential for growth.
To me what you're saying here is that no alliance should ever pact, or plan on keeping a long term pact, because it will kill competition, and destroy growth potential which is a ridiculous opinion. The pact system is in place to be used, not abused like so many others. Our alliance may look like we jumped into a pact with CT but it was thought out and planned for the long term and we do not break pacts, like so many other alliances who will talk you to death over a pact negotiation and break it the next day.

So in conclusion, if you want to view our move as weak, cowardly, un-dominant, whatever. Go right ahead and do so. I'll keep talking about it whether I can change your mind or not, simply because I find it entertaining. But unlike other top alliances in other servers, our dominance is not reliant on our image, we'll put up elmo pics, act like noobs, and still kick butt.

DeletedUser42393

My opinion:

We all started at the same point in this world, SS and CT are pact buddies from the beginning. We weren't no.1 and no.2 that belonged to RR, and their endless academies.

We worked together and their cities became ours, so we grew together.
That's why we've became no.1 and CT became no.2

Therefore a pact isn't weak.
Therefore a pact isn't pointless.

~ If you don't like this, then you're going to have to leave the world unfortunately, because I don't think we will be breaking this pact.

DeletedUser38223

All I see is this and think of you guys in PG/PM and can't take anything you say seriously.
What's happening here is a much less extreme form of what PG/PM did, but I bet if I went on the Lindos forum a few months ago and said anything bad about PG/PM you would be defending their strategy much more harshly then we are here. Regardless I'll take some time to reply to what you've said, so hold on, it'll be a long ride.

ofcourse we would defend our strategy , but our strategy consisted of fighting ,, BS, RO,C4C, the sims ,all five or six xi alliances, Smog1 and 2 and SOS all at the same time so thats 440 players vs 80 ,, and now we own o55,45,44 and 65 ,,

DeletedUser30111

ofcourse we would defend our strategy , but our strategy consisted of fighting ,, BS, RO,C4C, the sims ,all five or six xi alliances, Smog1 and 2 and SOS all at the same time so thats 440 players vs 80 ,, and now we own o55,45,44 and 65 ,,

Not sure about that math there, or that timing...
But this is Apolonnia, so I'm not gonna argue specifics about another world.

DeletedUser38223

Not sure about that math there, or that timing...
But this is Apolonnia, so I'm not gonna argue specifics about another world.

well i am sure about the numbers and timing , but i agree back to topic:)

how many other pacts u guys have , 7 ? ..8 ?:p

DeletedUser20415

can we get a new top 12 update please :) ?

beers and girls ( + rep of course) are offered :p

DeletedUser30111

Hooooowl!!! Now that was funny. This is by far the best server forum in grepo right now. Don't know how your world is going, but great work here guys.

Just trying our best to bring the entertainment cnote, like always ;)

DeletedUser30763

1 Sesame Street - Right now there isn't really any opposition. They will pick apart those within their core - Swim
2 Creepy Turtles - Same goes for the Turtles, they will solidify their core and grow stronger - Swim
3 Project Anti-Venom - They are growing stronger, they need to drop some dead weight - Swim
4 Reservoir Dogs - This alliance is under attack and on the move into o45, once settled, they will Swim
5 Shadow Legion - This alliance has some key players, however they have too much dead weight - Sink
6 Imperial Order - Another alliance that is in a good position to make some friends, but they need to be more active - Swim
7 Najistan - This alliance is up and coming, I dont see why they don't have a chance - Swim
8 Shadow Angels - This is a smaller alliance and has some semi active players, but I see them growing well - Swim
9 HOC MARJORUM VIRTUS - A MRA - I see lots of simmers here (looking at their points and their other academy) - Sink
10 Anonymous - Good potential, they should make themselves stronger by consuming dead weight within their range or they will fail - Sink
11 Shadow Demons - More concerned with points than progress - Sink
12 Subjugate - Small alliance, with above average talent - Swim

DeletedUser32498

I have to argue what you said about Shadow Legion and Shadow Demons. They are key alliances located in O45... some of those players I've seen before and they are excellent.

DeletedUser30111

I have to argue what you said about Shadow Legion and Shadow Demons. They are key alliances located in O45... some of those players I've seen before and they are excellent.

Even the best players would get overwhelmed trying to support 4 alliances of less that great players, thier shear numbers will pull them down unless they do something

DeletedUser30967

Hooooowl!!! Now that was funny. This is by far the best server forum in grepo right now. Don't know how your world is going, but great work here guys.

Hey CNote!! Great to see you again!! Why don't you jump in the world with the rest of us :cool:

DeletedUser32498

Even the best players would get overwhelmed trying to support 4 alliances of less that great players, thier shear numbers will pull them down unless they do something

My prediction they merge some of their best players from their other brother alliances into their main Shadow Legion.