Top 12 Sink-or-Swim

• Thread starter Greygnarl The Destroyer
  • Start date

DeletedUser20492

Oh, that's just Smilodon ... don't blame the world for his impatience.....

DeletedUser41523

I am impatient. :)

Also, i'm not getting how tactics are "sneaky". The way I see it, unless you are diplomatically back stabbing people, then nothing can really be sneaky. But i'm probably just slow and unable to keep up with Grepo. :(

Stirlo

Phrourach
The Painful Reality sneakyness was as follows

NAP and shared forum with them telling us about 2 weeks ago ( i've still got the mails ) that they wanted to attack Acid Reign, at the weekend Acid Reign attacked HARPOON. Most Painful Reality players chose to keep quiet but a few chose to support and help out. They will know who they are and that support was / is appreciated. We start hearing rumours that we've been removed from the NAP list internally by PR but still no word from them and we continue to talk to them. Rumours fly of impending attacks but again nothing from PR. Yesterday, backstabbing complete. I would say that at last they have chosen which camp they want to be in so that makes diplomacy a lot easier going forward :) They might need some ointment for their sore arses though as the splinters from sitting on the fence for so long are painful.

DeletedUser22650

so they're sneaky for not taking the nap or they attacked during? ......i consider all and any forms of grepo diplomacy between rival flags as either cowardice or sneakyness, when ppl learn that all other flags are rivals and cant be trusted other than by their own members there will be a lot less moaning on here thats for sure :p

DeletedUser

Everyone backstabs facts of the game mate its just simply the way to win and if your not ruthless enough you shouldn't be here :)

DeletedUser37948

back stabbing complete what does that meen ? did they attack you ?

DeletedUser46395

so they're sneaky for not taking the nap or they attacked during? ......i consider all and any forms of grepo diplomacy between rival flags as either cowardice or sneakyness, when ppl learn that all other flags are rivals and cant be trusted other than by their own members there will be a lot less moaning on here thats for sure :p

Everyone backstabs facts of the game mate its just simply the way to win and if your not ruthless enough you shouldn't be here :)

Not sure any of that is always true - firstly, in some alliances, you can't trust your own members or leaders, secondly although backstabbing can be a great tactic, so can honesty and straight-dealing, and alliances working together can do so extremely well - where they don't, it's generally an ego problem with the leaders.

As to all diplomacy being cowardice or sneakiness, well possibly; but sneakiness is just a strategy. :)

DeletedUser10837

back stabbing complete what does that meen ? did they attack you ?

Yes they removed HARPOON from their NAP list without letting them know, planned an op and launched last night while not informing HARPOON that the NAP was cancelled (as far as I know).

It's a viable tactic in Grepolis for sure, trouble is it only works so often before other people wise up.

DeletedUser37948

Yes they removed HARPOON from their NAP list without letting them know, planned an op and launched last night while not informing HARPOON that the NAP was cancelled (as far as I know).

It's a viable tactic in Grepolis for sure, trouble is it only works so often before other people wise up.

interesting wonder if PR will come on and explain it from there point of veiw, i hate to judge untill ive heard both sides as often people speak like its the truth but its just there one sided veiw an not the reality of the situation.

Zarun-

Strategos
You are part of AR yourself though Zarun, you would have more knowledge of this I imagine. ;)

I have knowledge that a lot of rumors are flying about, some of which are untrue.

If anybody's willing to post what they've heard, I can tell you with absolute certainty whether it is true or not.

EG: Breaking the NAP with Blood Crown - we never had one.

I don't know what you guys have heard and if you're not posting an explanation of what you call "sneaky tactics" then I can't very well comment, can I?

If you'd rather believe rumors than get the facts directly from the source then all the more power to you, I guess?

DeletedUser10837

interesting wonder if PR will come on and explain it from there point of veiw, i hate to judge untill ive heard both sides as often people speak like its the truth but its just there one sided veiw an not the reality of the situation.

These are the facts as objectively as I can relate them. It's possible that there is information I'm not aware of which could alter the 'sneakiness level'.

Stirlo

Phrourach
Just to clarify

We had a NAP and as far as we're concerned they attacked us whilst it was still in place. Obviously the lure of us being potentially low on defence was too much to resist.

We'll soon knock Blood Crown off their perch as the number 1 defenders in the world though which isn't bad for an alliance outside the top 15. More points is not a bad thing.......

DeletedUser37948

Just to clarify

We had a NAP and as far as we're concerned they attacked us whilst it was still in place. Obviously the lure of us being potentially low on defence was too much to resist.

We'll soon knock Blood Crown off their perch as the number 1 defenders in the world though which isn't bad for an alliance outside the top 15. More points is not a bad thing.......

i did not post because i doubt you but because ive had alliances claim this type of thing about my own team and it was unfounded so im a bit more cautious
excilent work on the defending if you hold strong it willleave you in an excilent place to expand from

DeletedUser10837

I don't know a lot about what's going on, but since not many are actually posting on topic I am prepared to have a stab at it.

1 Tidal Surge -- Swim
Members: 50
Avg. points: 41478
APB: 510381 (1st)
DBP: 71227 (23rd)

First on points, first on APB, and looking to be in a pretty strong position although their players are somewhat scattered across the map. If they manage to maintain internal integrity and keep their diplomatic situation under control, I believe they will continue to do well.

2 Knights who say NI -- Float
Members: 48
Avg. points: 38677
APB: 394948 (5th)
DBP: 165520 (6th)

They look good on paper, occupy a good portion of oceans 54 and 53 and have a great alliance name, but so far haven't particularly distinguished themselves on this server. They're like the bright kid who coasts through school doing the minimum of homework and eventually gets a job in middle management, has a wife, two kids, a dog and a cat, and eventually crashes their Porsche when the midlife crisis hits.

3 Acid Reign -- Swim

Members: 49
Avg. points: 31558
APB: 435132 (2nd)
DBP: 216304 (4th)

An alliance which has been a strong player since near the beginning of the server, they have maintained their position through careful diplomacy and recruitment, and a strategy of divide and conquer. I predict they keep swimming for some time, but eventually they will burn too many diplomatic bridges and find themselves in an untenable position.

4 Beltaine -- no comment
Members: 50
Avg. points: 28866
APB: 328179 (7th)
DBP: 227365 (3rd)

5 Pandamonium -- Swim
Members: 45
Avg. points: 30629
APB: 418890 (4th)
DBP: 113627 (14th)

I like this alliance although I'm not sure why. They strike me as being an unpretentious bunch, a breath of fresh air and will probably make a strong impression in the near future.

6 Morning Glory -- Sink (eventually)

Members: 47
Avg. points: 28489
APB: 418890 (4th)
DBP: 156377 (8th)

They'll kick around for a while longer but their players are scattered and they are mediocre fighters.

7 The Nazgul -- Swim

Members: 43
Avg. points: 30448
APB: 432925 (3rd)
DBP: 213780 (5th)

They have some talented players in this alliance, a strong core in ocean 53 and are highly ranked for both offense and defense, but they're feeling some pressure from the Knights. This will probably only help them in the long run.

8 Warlords -- Sink

Members: 34
Avg. points: 37599
APB: 227862 (11th)
DBP: 74431 (22nd)

A lot of talent in this alliance, but apart from picking up a bunch of players from when Blood Crown crashed and burned, they aren't getting a lot of new members. The problem with 'Elite' alliances is that eventually the players get bored and quit, and often there is nobody to replace them.

9 Dragons Legion -- Swim

Members: 45
Avg. points: 23919
APB: 306733 (8th)
DBP: 143276 (9th)

I don't really know a lot about this alliance, but have a good feeling.

10 Painful Reality -- Sink

Members: 49
Avg. points: 21577
APB: 259295 (9th)
DBP: 112534 (15th)

Apart from one or two skilled players, this is another alliance of mediocrity. They have a history of hitting much smaller alliances, single players and alliances which are already being attacked hard by others (eg. HARPOON). All it will take is one relatively competent alliance to declare war on them and they will fall apart like an overcooked chicken. Also, given their recent history, few will ever really trust them.

11 Acid Reign. -- See Acid Reign

Members: 47
Avg. points: 21910
APB: 215794 (13th)
DBP: 117858 (12th)

12 Tequila Mockingbird -- Sink

Members: 48
Avg. points: 18714
APB: 224615 (12th)
DBP: 111938 (16th)

This is the beginning of the end. I predict this alliance will die soon, and their better members will be absorbed into Acid Reign.

Last edited:

DeletedUser22650

nice job but apparently ive repped you allready :/

....i agree about pandas, they're a likeable bunch,

i agree warlords will sink but not because of elite players getting bored but from mediocre players having over inflated opinions of they're own ability lvls,

disagree totally about dragons legion, they're an out and out mra throwing bireme attacks around, perfect neighbours for me but not a recipe for a long lasting squad

and painful reality have a couple of late starters i know are good, if they're playing and not just visiting i wouldnt write them off just yet

other than that i dont know any of the other squads or what they're up too other than what i read in the papers so no comments for them

DeletedUser10837

nice job but apparently ive repped you allready :/

....i agree about pandas, they're a likeable bunch,

i agree warlords will sink but not because of elite players getting bored but from mediocre players having over inflated opinions of they're own ability lvls,

I didn't mean they will get bored because they're 'elite', I just meant that all alliances suffer member losses over time, and I don't foresee Warlords recruiting enough to replace those losses, presumably because of their 'eliteness'.

I was in one such alliance once. We had a very strong start but the leader didn't recruit because nobody was worthy enough for his team. Some perfectly good if average players were rejected. All the while our members were naturally drifting away due to real life issues, wanting to focus on other servers, or in a couple cases from being banned. Our numbers dwindled, and our leader's arrogance made him a lot of enemies. We didn't last long.

disagree totally about dragons legion, they're an out and out mra throwing bireme attacks around, perfect neighbours for me but not a recipe for a long lasting squad

You could be right. I was running out of steam and the desire to do research. :)

ETA: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dux Bellorum again.

Last edited:

DeletedUser22650

ye im with you, it was their over inflated opinions making them think they didnt have to recruit that i was talking about, but you never know, they seem active so if they attend my bomb clinic they may get better :D ......and i bet your leaders arrogance made it alot of fun even if you did fizzle out

DeletedUser10837

I got very used to building biremes if that's what you mean!