Top 12 Sink-or-Swim

• Thread starter Greygnarl The Destroyer
  • Start date

DeletedUser22650

most of the targets are far to pumped, theyl need to try elsewhere me thinks :p

DeletedUser47218

The NI - Very large family of alliances. Many good players among them and some may or may not be simmers but lets be honest, It happens to the best of us when there are no good targets. I have come to respect some players more than others but in the end a lot of decent players there. They have been forced to be more defensive lately because of constant attacks from everywhere so they have also been forced to pick their targets carefully. Such as taking inactive players. It is honestly just the smart thing to do. These guys are happily swimming in bp.

if you want to tell they dont have good targets... then open the map ...they are surrounded with targets....and more than needed...lol

You're right, Plenty of internals to feed off of.

Zarun-

Strategos
They just prefer easy targets. They don't go after the tough players.

We, on the other hand, are taking cities off whoever we can/want. :)

DeletedUser

They have been forced to be more defensive lately because of constant attacks from everywhere so they have also been forced to pick their targets carefully. Such as taking inactive players. It is honestly just the smart thing to do. These guys are happily swimming in bp.

Erm, this statement make me wonder if you can play this game. At this stage of the game, you no longer win a war or dismantle an alliance by rimming players. You do so by killing their morale slowly. Taking inactive players doesn't help morale at all, and losing cities, inactive or not, doesn't help morale at all.

They can keep doing it, but if this continues to happen, it will come to a point where their players lose hope in the alliance and jump to the other side.

It's not a smart thing to do. They did it because they do not have a choice.

They just prefer easy targets. They don't go after the tough players.

We, on the other hand, are taking cities off whoever we can/want. :)

I can't say i'm taking any cities off whoever i want, but i can say that Clocks can't do much about us and have resorted to constant bolting and EQ-ing to irritate me. It's getting a little pathetic. Come on guys, Op me, attack me. I prefer a real fight than those girly tactics. I don't even mind losing a few cities if it means more fun and more actions.

DeletedUser

How is this any fun? I do not like cheaters

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser47218

Erm, this statement make me wonder if you can play this game. At this stage of the game, you no longer win a war or dismantle an alliance by rimming players. You do so by killing their morale slowly. Taking inactive players doesn't help morale at all, and losing cities, inactive or not, doesn't help morale at all.

They can keep doing it, but if this continues to happen, it will come to a point where their players lose hope in the alliance and jump to the other side.

It's not a smart thing to do. They did it because they do not have a choice.

You don't think it's smart to consolidate your position while gaining slots and bp? Then as they are ready they can push back. Venom did the same thing in Paros and players there ended up winning with Black Legion. The thing that isn't smart is waiting too long. Maybe they have, but that is their problem. If you feel like calling me out again do it in grepolis where your troops can do the talking.

DeletedUser22940

back to the matter at hand:

1) NI "Family" - Seems like many of their better players are quitting, ghosting, doing whatever they have to in order to quickly remove themselves from Phil's tyranny. Sad, really, but better for us I suppose. Bumblebee recently lost 7 cities in an unplanned op in between his VM's. Fact that he had to run back into VM should speak volumes.... ~FLOAT

2) Hata Family - I am one of these crazy folk so comments reserved ~SWIM

3) HARPOON - overall rather boring I might say. Some takes, some losses, but no apparant major fighting. Likely setting themselves up for WW now. ~SWIM

4) New World Order - Impressed with these guy's progression. Decent amount of NI takes and they don't seem to be slowing down. ~SWIM

5) League Family - Chose the NI side of the war and it wouldn't appear that they are getting the support that they expected. Dropping a fair amount of cities to Hata and now Hata has taken majority control of O55 by a slim margin. With exception of a few players, attacking skills are very weak. ~SINK (unless they get creative)

That's it for now......

DeletedUser27610

back to the matter at hand:

3) HARPOON - overall rather boring I might say. Some takes, some losses, but no apparant major fighting. Likely setting themselves up for WW now. ~SWIM

5) League Family - Chose the NI side of the war and it wouldn't appear that they are getting the support that they expected. Dropping a fair amount of cities to Hata and now Hata has taken majority control of O55 by a slim margin. With exception of a few players, attacking skills are very weak. ~SINK (unless they get creative)

That's it for now......

Whoa bud, let's not get carried away. Us Pooners are doing our part in the war. We're close to matching hata's every conquest on these guys. You can't say we aren't in a major war. We're getting attacked and we're managing our own in our oceans and taking control of 66. Please don't insult us.

DeletedUser

You don't think it's smart to consolidate your position while gaining slots and bp? Then as they are ready they can push back. Venom did the same thing in Paros and players there ended up winning with Black Legion.

You said it yourself, they ended up winning with Black Legion. You can't compare apple to orange. The political situation in Paros and in Nysa is significantly different. It was very very fluid back in Paros. Venom, Victores, Black Legion, and Truculence. When Venom was still doing the defending and consolidating their position, it could've been Venom/Victores vs Truc/BL, it could have been Venom/Truc vs Victores/BL. It was really early in the world and there is no fixed sides yet. Venom/BL were the 2 largest and strongest among the 4 so naturally they won.

Now in Nysa, it's a totally different game. We all know it's Knights coalition vs hata coalition. Knights cannot pact with hata and fight against TLoL and LOM instead, like how BL and Venom pacted and turn against Truc and Victores.

If you feel like calling me out again do it in grepolis where your troops can do the talking.

Why even mention this if we know this is not going to happen in Nysa? I also can't be bothered to specially land myself somewhere close to you in other worlds just to prove myself.

DeletedUser

how do you figure harpoon is boring, #3 alliance...#3 attacks and #6 defenders...#3 fighters...tell me how we bore you? we have almost matched every take you guys have, all but a couple takes that LOL or LOM had on us were internals and loaded their cities, a very NI tactic...

DeletedUser24785

I say , end all branches, no allies, and have a nice big free for all. At least we can all say we played the most fun server ever then. KILL 'EM ALL, BARBARIANS FOREVER,lol

DeletedUser21953

Hehe, I take a couple of weeks off and Zarun says like they take what they want lol. When is the last time you took a city from one of our active layers mate? lol *rolls eyes*

DeletedUser22940

Ashik is pretty active
We took a city from him to prove a point and he hasnt shown up blabbering in these forums since
you next?

DeletedUser

Hehe, I take a couple of weeks off and Zarun says like they take what they want lol. When is the last time you took a city from one of our active layers mate? lol *rolls eyes*

Ohhh, the classic old excuse.

Why did your alliance keep an inactive player then?

DeletedUser47218

You said it yourself, they ended up winning with Black Legion. You can't compare apple to orange. The political situation in Paros and in Nysa is significantly different. It was very very fluid back in Paros. Venom, Victores, Black Legion, and Truculence. When Venom was still doing the defending and consolidating their position, it could've been Venom/Victores vs Truc/BL, it could have been Venom/Truc vs Victores/BL. It was really early in the world and there is no fixed sides yet. Venom/BL were the 2 largest and strongest among the 4 so naturally they won.

Now in Nysa, it's a totally different game. We all know it's Knights coalition vs hata coalition. Knights cannot pact with hata and fight against TLoL and LOM instead, like how BL and Venom pacted and turn against Truc and Victores.

Don't think I don't agree with you mate :) I agree mostly with Tim. Have a huge free for all and the winners really will be the best players instead of the way it is being done now. This of course will never happen. No matter how much we would enjoy the fun :)

DeletedUser

Don't think I don't agree with you mate :) I agree mostly with Tim. Have a huge free for all and the winners really will be the best players instead of the way it is being done now. This of course will never happen. No matter how much we would enjoy the fun :)

That will be the ideal situation. :)

Too bad we don't live in a ideal world. :(