Top 12 Sink or Swim?

• Thread starter DeletedUser50935
  • Start date

DeletedUser

I will make a top 10 since the bottom date of grepostats allows to have a look at things since day 1 of real wars.
Data on which the evaluation is done are from march 3 to April 1.

My apologies for not finishing the previous one.

1. NB Group(NSL included).

Well,NB clearly has no cause to complain for the past month,lol
Their growth in points has been a nice 12,6 million,with 940 more cities under their bigbelly,lol
Net growth in bp is a staggering 9,740,000,from which abp is 5,460,000 and dbp 4,280,000.

It is not simply the much faster growth then anybody else which give cause for celebration,but also the fact that the direct conquests toward the 2 major adversaries has yielded a net gain of at least 150 victories.
And this while NB started with 1354 cities while the musket bee combo had 2147(63% more cities) at the start.
Now the disparity is just 400(or less),a net disadvantage of some 400 cities only.
They have been in defensive toward KB directing their efforts toward Muskets.

NB has been successful in replacing the usual quit tings for rl issues and both wings are full like in the start,and unlike every other major alliance it's wing has not been a drag but a net contributor in their progress(Point growth 4,9 million,net city gains 363,total bp some 3,320,000.Numbers which can be envied,lol).

The results of the first month clearly identify NB as the strategic victor over the Musket Bee combo as well as one of the most serious competitors for the Crown of Golgi.
Swim.

2.Musket Group(Wombles included).

Well,if NB was the winner of the first month Muskets clearly are the main losers of the major contests in this first month.
I am not saying they have not had progress,but relatively speaking they have fallen so much behind NB that one may fairly say they have lost the right to pretend the crown by itself anymore.
On paper they have had a point growth of some 5,8 million with an extra 215 cities under their bigbelly,lol.
However,when you compare it with NB it is disheartening,from a net disparity in cities toward NB of some 177 cities(March 3 when was started) now this has gone to 900+....
Total bp gain was a nice 7,060,000,but majority is dbp(3,960,000),with abp being 3,100,000.
The wing is reduced to a shambles,since all efforts of Musket Leadership have been to keep strong on paper the main alliance to regain the first spot,without ultimate success.

They have failed to score a strategic victory over Epidemic,which alone would have compounded the losses toward NB(not just in cities but in players too).
Of what value are say 30 gains toward Epi when NB now has 270+ cities in ocean 44(their home ocean)?

The failure to strangle Epi while they could,is also accompanied with the frightful growth of LW on their western flank,and Sindar too(in their northern flank) is not friendly to them.
The situation is not rosy anymore and the high spirits of the start of March have fallen to a low ebb.

It is understandable the disheartening of ordinary players when they see the Pelly Krouds(or is it Kelly Proud:p) of leadership have 2k+ beers in their harbors on the second day while they lose cities for a few hundred beers on the first day.

The blame goes to leadership,not to the ordinary players,who fought well in general.
Kicking angry players(for lack of support when they golden up 15+ walls) when they see Aredhel gather hundreds of fst per city(not in revolt) for a few attacks is not exactly the proper signal,is it?

maybe Lili can find here the cause of the ultimate failure of her brave efforts?

I am afraid(knowing a bit more due to my position) it will be just a Float for them in the next month.

3. Killa Biiz.
Unlike arquebusiers ,Killa Biiz have enjoyed immunity from NB(no proper ops save sporadic attacks),and they have been in the offensive toward NB to clear 55 and dominate the border 55/54.
They have had a net growth in points of some 6,830,000,and an extra 320 cities.
Total BP has been 3,675,0000,with abp 2,625,000 and DBP 1,050,000.
Vast majority of all this growth has been of their main though,since Wanna Be Bees also has deteriorated,with 0 gains in cities and negligible bp compared to the wing of NSL for example,625,000 total bp,less then 5 times then NSL,but NSL kept high numbers while GHB lost players steadily).
Nor has the major attacks toward NB yielded major gains,and drama was not absent.
However,on their southern flank the situation has improved(toward Bloody Axe) and this offers hope for them,while on the eastern flank the stand off with Black Ship has prevented the overstraining of the energies.
In average the relative growth in points toward NB is not much behind,but when it comes to bp it is almost 1 to 3,and while NSL is expected to contribute for NB group one can hardly expect GHB to have the same contribution.

The rapid weakening of Muskets brings the prospect of a more active campaign of NB toward them,so they may finally see if they can be successful in defense too?

The strategic situation does not seem as bleak as that of Muskets to me,so it is a Swim for me.

Additional comments:I have not included the husband killers in their stats,unless HG requires to be officially included.
On paper Poopspank is "independent",with just "coincidental" attacks on the same cities as Musket bees,and none toward the later(protected with mass mails from the later alliances):D.
Husband killers included,Killa Biiz have better stats(not much since they "split" late).

4. Written in Blood(Blood Monkeys included)
the "Horror" lovers have grown a very good(compared with starting point) 6,030,000 points and an extra 526 cities in the past month,but the bp gain has been less spectacular(2,465,000 in total,from which 1,617,000 abp and 847 k dbp).
One sees the dbp(fom Epi attacks) is on the rise,though of course given the disparity in numbers(WiB has Musket support too) losses toward Epi have been minimal,and direct score toward Epi is positive,but as mentioned prior I have not seen spectacular gains,and Epi lately has also attacked them).

Strategic situation due to location is good,so of course it is a swim,but the weakening of Muskets will have consequences for them too since Epi will be more free to hit them.
A "Ruthless " stance toward simmers will help prepare for the probable scenario of Epi counterattacks.

Compared to the major 3 BP is low in comparison,but tbh has steadily risen,so a good hope for them.
Swim.

5. Black Sheep(just a friendly poke,don't take it seriously).
B Sh has had a good growth of some 4,320,000 points and an extra 305 cities..
Uninvolved in major wars bp has been low,just some 1,220,0000,90% being abp.
Location and the occupation of Killa Biiz with NB has protected them,and it offers the good prospect of a conditional Swim,since a major test is needed to give a serious Swim.
Sim power alone does not mean long term success,unless just survival is the goal.

6. Epidemic.
This surprising alliance(to be eplaine later) has had a net gain of some 3,400,000 points and an extra 313 cities under their belt.
The surprise is the very good bp gain,some 3,3 million.
They have been the subject of major attacks from much more powerful neibghors ,survived well,and is creating via methodical work it's base more west(initially they were in 45 only,now spreading well in east 35 too).
DBP has the lions share with some 2,180,000 and abp just 1,1 million,no doubt a reflection of the strain they passed.

Their survival in the initial phase and the weakening of Muskets offers good hopes for them.
I give them a swim and my congrats on their work.An example to follow by weaker alliances attacked by larger forces.

7.Lonely Wolves.
Now this guys have had the most exponential growth with some 3,850,000 points and an extra 357 cities.
Bp has increased with almost 1,2 million,920k being abp and 270k dbp,a reflection of their strategic location on the rim(34).
They profited from the Musket rash after Erik's scalp to strengthen themselves and are now knocking on the doors of Muskets.
Swim,but would like to see a better bp total to feel more confident on my evaluation.hey have had the most exponential growth given the initial base.
net growth of 3,850,000 points and 357 cities.

8.The Vanguard.
This guys, based on 35,have had a very good point growth of some 3 million,and an extra 330 cities.
A good simming strength but bp is still low(no doubt location and the good relations with their Epi neibghors have their influence).
Bp has been on the rise(780k past month,485k abp and dbp 290k,mostly from supporting Epi?) but is yet far away from where it should be.
Jason tells me they expect the natural process of weeding the weak and their intention of being involved in more serious contests will improve it.
Okay ,Swim due to location,but more is needed to have a definite Swim in my opinion.

9. MoB.
The last place in my estimation goes for MoB.
This lads moved into northern 64 and 63,created their base there via colonization and had a growth of some 2,900,000 points and an extra 332 cities.
Bp has been low,like vanguard,just 730k,over 2/3 being abp and dbp 230 k.No doubt a reflection of their location(after some initial clashes they migrated far away from NB).
I see them being more aggressive lately toward NB and am told(I am on vm right now) they have attacked Alpha.
,lol.
I appreciate this,it shows spirit.
Due to proximity of NB I will give them a Float.

Additional comments:
Sharks and Sindar are no 11 and 12.
The rise of Sharks is due to the merging of T.A.A.N leftovers(after a NB campaign),which is not exactly the best indicator while the drama in Sindar due to the inactivity of their founders was costly to them and no they have fallen in the 12 spot(better if we ad the secondary wing).

I will leave more comments later,waiting opinions on this.

Note.The author is a leader in NB,so prone to biased opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Didnt read it al yet, man you are beast :-D but its shame that musks are losing cities , huge amount of citties due to lack of support, and i see aredhel, kelly proud and shrawnar (sorry for nick cant remember) have fully stacked cities with 8k+ dlu in cities which are NOT even in the revolt.. But i understand them, better lose 60 cities in their core than 5 cities in our core lol

DeletedUser

I want a comment from Crazyfrank,lol.
Is he quitting ,lol
If yes how come?:d
He lost his micro oenis city?:d
One needs b alls to provoke;)

DeletedUser49059

Additional comments:I have not included the husband killers in their stats,unless HG requires to be officially included.

Clean it up, Nisa. Call me what you like, but involve aspects of my personal life again on the externals like this and I will call you out for it publicly every time. Very poor taste, frankly. You could use a bit of sensitivity training at times. I will leave it at that.

DeletedUser

What?
That was a joke for widow makers alliance?
Widow makers- husband killers( those who kill husbands make widows,right?).
Where is the connection with you?

DeletedUser49059

What?
That was a joke for widow makers alliance?
Widow makers- husband killers( those who kill husbands make widows,right?).
Where is the connection with you?

Maybe you should read your PMs. Your clear linkage to me as a "husband killer" Nisa...you just lost the personal respect that I had gained for you.

DeletedUser

Hardly the ink of my post which ridiculed the joke of the *independent" poopspank alliance is dry,and poop rejoined bees:d
Poop,play better next time:d
I can sniff actors a hundred miles away,lol

Ranga1

Strategos
:D i see hf girl still hasn't taken that course in how to have a sense of humour.....both the name tea used and your connection to it is fairly obvious and fairly lame from you to take offense from it. I thought you were smarter than that, i guess not

DeletedUser

I want a comment from Crazyfrank,lol.
Is he quitting ,lol
If yes how come?:d
He lost his micro oenis city?:d
One needs b alls to provoke;)

im leaving the world and grpolis for different reasons.

but on the note of the city, i was girted the city from someone who hated erik (from no brakes) i had it pre-stacked nobody cleared it andi wanted BP from it so sent home 500 trans of def from it.... finally after 22 mant nukes hit the city and revolted it lol.

oh and guess who made sure they didnt lose any troops? erik and sam landed their attacks last lol everyone else lost their troops (a few didn't lol

during an op i wouldnt take peoples birms, and i couldnt snipe considering the TT... so you know virtually impossible to keep. it's common sense lol.

but i wanted to leave world due to Spies used by brakes dont know why you'd want to spoil the challenge of grepolis rather petty really considering it's a game meant to have fun.

but i cannot play anymore, so have to leave.
Hope you enjoy the game which you ruin anyway lol

DeletedUser

8.The Vanguard.
This guys, based on 35,have had a very good point growth of some 3 million,and an extra 330 cities.
A good simming strength but bp is still low(no doubt location and the good relations with their Epi neibghors have their influence).
Bp has been on the rise(780k past month,485k abp and dbp 290k,mostly from supporting Epi?) but is yet far away from where it should be.
Jason tells me they expect the natural process of weeding the weak and their intention of being involved in more serious contests will improve it.
Okay ,Swim due to location,but more is needed to have a definite Swim in my opinion.

Sums us up pretty well. Been taking some attacks from WIB but they haven't OP'd us for real yet i think, geography is probably a reason why.
Hopefully we can emerge as a more legitimate contender in the future when we consolidate more and build our core better.

I got accused of being an NB "pawn" the other day simply because we are allies with Epi! Tea city, i think people who think that should go look at the old Eubea forums and see all the nasty things we used to say to each other lol.

DeletedUser

You are a fish pawn:d

ErikWijmeersch

Strategos
im leaving the world and grepolis for different reasons.

but on the note of the city, i was girted the city from someone who hated erik (from no brakes) i had it pre-stacked nobody cleared it andi wanted BP from it so sent home 500 trans of def from it.... finally after 22 mant nukes hit the city and revolted it lol.

oh and guess who made sure they didnt lose any troops? erik and sam landed their attacks last lol everyone else lost their troops (a few didn't lol

during an op i wouldnt take peoples birms, and i couldnt snipe considering the TT... so you know virtually impossible to keep. it's common sense lol.

but i wanted to leave world due to Spies used by brakes dont know why you'd want to spoil the challenge of grepolis rather petty really considering it's a game meant to have fun.

but i cannot play anymore, so have to leave.
Hope you enjoy the game which you ruin anyway lol

Yes Frank you are correct, that day i gained 100k ABP , perhaps you can do the same as dimspank (not a natural brother of Poopspank) and say i gained those 100k by eating internal cities pffff....

Tactic is not your biggest talent i see.

I used Helen, and was the CS - take over - you really think I land first :(

Players in my team are happy to drop manties when leaders asking , cause the same leaders do the same for any one else.

anyhow... here when revolt a city this is what i get...

it's remind me of your name : crazy !

4fd749dd8124b82cec34a2b505615901.png

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Is there a need to post that song of guns & roses for Frank?:d

DeletedUser

Frank, be first or last in attack, its not difference, meaby 10-15% more BP gained because of less defence after each attack, but who cares, its a team game, we are helping to each other. Thats why we dont lose cities. I can post reports of your leaderships cities and you wil be really surprised how many support do they have in meanwhile you are losing cities with 50 birs inside.

DeletedUser

I played with Erik once in Sinope and actually when in need for help he was one of the first to back up with LS and ALU nukes, without worrying to lose them. So I doubt it was a planned action to save his units.

The mix of events+gold+"you know (Geoffrey)" make this game unbalanced and less interesting to play, as it requires you to live in the web and forget about your real life. Back then you could put like 4K dlu in a city and felt good, if you spot attacks you could add some more or snipe fts with biremes ( because sea attacks took time and much slower) With power, speed and availability of fliers, especially manticores, it's the matter of minutes to get revolted+Helen and "super timing (we all know how)" it needs you to be alerted 24 hours a day and night. It's getting really crazy...
Maybe someone is getting used better and faster to the new environments and reality, though. I just went 80% def and don't know how else I can keep the healthy balance between real life and the game. Everytime when I start thinking to go normal def/off ratio there is one more event and another 1001 manticore in the sky. What I want to say is fliers must not be available as event's award or must be much more expensive. They are way too powerful and fast compare to all other units.

Congrats to NB, but it's still plenty of time till the finish line.
Third place is still in the Top-12!
If you remember Dumas' tale, musketeers could fight 4 vs 200 Huguenots!
Well, Muskes might look nearly dead, but who doesn't believe in reincarnation?

DeletedUser

Well said tiller, first of all, in ABP rank you can clearly see who is sacrificing the most units, so noone can tell that erik is selfish lol, he helps to everyone everytime anyone ask. The same me or whoever in NB/NSL, if i have 50 ls i will send 50, if i have 2k i will send 2k.. Units are made to be destroyed and gained BP for them, not to hide them in cities..

And about flyers i agree also. Its too much powerful and it forcing ppl to spend money on them, otherwise you will fall down like and old apple from the tree. I hate them, but im forced to use them.. DLU is pointless during events cuz if you can make 200 mantys a day, there is noway how to deffend them in long term..