Top 12 Sink or Swim?

DeletedUser24785

ha ha - how are you Tim? I am great thanks.
smiley_emoticons_winken4.gif

the way I drink it i dont get warm - believe me lol
smiley_emoticons_kaffee2.gif

Evidently they dont do a top 18 so your alliance dont figure - lol
smiley_emoticons_thumbs-down_new.gif

Just a rim player nowadays, not good enough for top 10 ,lol
Golf far more enjoyable, but just as frustrating,lol

DeletedUser24785

.. a top 12 would be awesome.. just sayin' that would actually keep this thread on topic. I did have to check the title of the thread a few times while reading the last 2 pages..

Why the top 12 is the same as it was, and probably wont change unless major wars break out. Seems a shame to waste an opportunity to say hello to VH if i can, (while i can)

DeletedUser46395

How about a Top 12 done a somewhat different way? Here's one by ABP gain over the last week...
Kurb was spot on about this is not a drill tbh :)

Made me laugh that top 6.

Nah, he was miles out. What about Hydra 3? ;)

DeletedUser54002

Kurb said:
but I hear their leader is too busy with en92..

Are you implying that there's a player out there who would rather spend time in a world where farming villages don't arbitrarily count against culture points?

That's absurd. Nobody would choose convenience over tribulation.

DeletedUser46395

Right, time for another. But it's a truism in Grepo that points aren't the be-all and end-all, and that BP, and particularly ABP, is much more interesting. And also, likely to change much more quickly, particularly if you use a short time period - so I'll do one based on ABP over the last 24 hours. Yes, it's just a snapshot in time, and isn't necessarily at all representative, but it also allows us to look at some different alliances still within the constraint of a top 12, and precisely because it can change allows repeat top 12s more frequently without being too boring.
So I hope people find this interesting, and still on topic.

1. This is not a drill - Sink. Noobs messing with mini-ops on Northlanders, nothing to see here.
2. Show me your noobies - Swim. Clearly doing most things right for points and ABP, a major force.
3. Caustic Soda - Swim. Also clearly fighting nicely.
4. Enough is Enough - Swim. Again, fighting well and showing their points position is justified.
5. Varangian Guard - Swim. First real surprise, shows these guys are serious dark horses.
6. Enuf is Enuf - Sink. Although doing rather nicely for an academy.
7. Caustic Juice - Sink. As above.
8. Blood Pressure - Swim. What's this, an academy out-performing their main branch? Always a giggle. Maybe they'll be the senior branch from now on. ;)
9. Written in Blood - Sink. Have become an academy to their own academy. ;) Sorry guys, couldn't resist poking a bit of fun there. ;)
10. Mad Dogs - Float. More dark horses, these guys could prove to be a bit of a threat at this rate.
11. Check Mate - Sink. Under massive pressure from most directions, impressive that they're still attacking well enough to figure here, but can't last much longer.
12. Rejects - Sink. Another alliance under severe pressure that can't last that long, but respectable ABP considering that fact.

So there we have it, a slightly different take on a top 12, would be interested to see others done on different criteria.

Pro-Grep

Strategos
To be honest I don't like when there are made Top 12's based on 24hrs ABP, because sometimes there are getting some alliances which don't even worth of mentioning and really good alliances are left behind, but this world is definitely different and all strange things work here perfectly lol.

Liked your top 12 good job.

DeletedUser54314

Right, time for another. But it's a truism in Grepo that points aren't the be-all and end-all, and that BP, and particularly ABP, is much more interesting. And also, likely to change much more quickly, particularly if you use a short time period - so I'll do one based on ABP over the last 24 hours. Yes, it's just a snapshot in time, and isn't necessarily at all representative, but it also allows us to look at some different alliances still within the constraint of a top 12, and precisely because it can change allows repeat top 12s more frequently without being too boring.

1. This is not a drill - Sink. Noobs messing with mini-ops on Northlanders, nothing to see here.
2. Show me your noobies - Swim. Clearly doing most things right for points and ABP, a major force.
4. Enough is Enough - Swim. Again, fighting well and showing their points position is justified.
5. Varangian Guard - Swim. First real surprise, shows these guys are serious dark horses.
8. Blood Pressure - Swim. What's this, an academy out-performing their main branch? Always a giggle. Maybe they'll be the senior branch from now on. ;)
9. Written in Blood - Sink. Have become an academy to their own academy. ;) Sorry guys, couldn't resist poking a bit of fun there. ;)
10. Mad Dogs - Float. More dark horses, these guys could prove to be a bit of a threat at this rate.
11. Check Mate - Sink. Under massive pressure from most directions, impressive that they're still attacking well enough to figure here, but can't last much longer.
12. Rejects - Sink. Another alliance under severe pressure that can't last that long, but respectable ABP considering that fact.

So there we have it, a slightly different take on a top 12, would be interested to see others done on different criteria.

great idea, better than points.

can we get one done by DBP? lol a kinda.... who sinks/disbands the fasted?

DeletedUser

I think doing a top twelve based on alliance fighters, rather than attackers, is fairer. Then you're not being biased...

DeletedUser46395

great idea, better than points.

can we get one done by DBP? lol a kinda.... who sinks/disbands the fasted?
I think doing a top twelve based on alliance fighters, rather than attackers, is fairer. Then you're not being biased...

ABP is ABP - you can only get it by acting positively. Frank's right, DBP you get by being attacked, regardless of if you fend the attacks off or if you're crushed... so you have to tread a bit more carefully with DBP or overall BP. But nothing to stop either of you doing one, it's very easy with the Oracle to guide you.

DeletedUser17513

I know this is not the topic of top 12 but have you guys seen newest heroes that have been added to the game?

You can find them in Council of Heroes>Collection
In total 6 new heroes have been added, and if you count the event one that makes 7 very good additions to our heroes band.
Personally i think out of these 6 new ones, you should buy and upgrade at least 3 or 4 depending on what kind of player you are of course and newest broken hero from the event :D:D:D

• Pariphaistes
    • As long as Pariphaistes is assigned to a town, all naval units in that town will be constructed 11-30% faster.
    • Cost for recruitment: 70 Coins of Wisdom
  • Rekonos
    • When Rekonos is assigned to a town, the production of stone in that town is increased by 44-120%.
    • Cost for recruitment: 65 Coins of Wisdom
  • Ylestres
    • When Ylestres is assigned to a town, the production of wood in that town is increased by 44-120%.
  • Themistocles
    • Divine Envoys and horsemen have 11-30% increased offensive and defensive values while fighting at Themistokles side.
    • Cost for recruitment: 60 Coins of War
  • Deimos
    • All units will have 5.5%-15% increased offensive values while attacking with Deimos.
    • Cost for recruitment: 120 Coins of War
  • Pelops
    • Hoplites and chariots will have 11-30% increased offensive and defensive values while fighting with Pelops.

DeletedUser21287

I know this is not the topic of top 12 but have you guys seen newest heroes that have been added to the game?

You can find them in Council of Heroes>Collection
In total 6 new heroes have been added, and if you count the event one that makes 7 very good additions to our heroes band.
Personally i think out of these 6 new ones, you should buy and upgrade at least 3 or 4 depending on what kind of player you are of course and newest broken hero from the event :D:D:D

• Pariphaistes
    • As long as Pariphaistes is assigned to a town, all naval units in that town will be constructed 11-30% faster.
    • Cost for recruitment: 70 Coins of Wisdom
  • Rekonos
    • When Rekonos is assigned to a town, the production of stone in that town is increased by 44-120%.
  • Ylestres
    • When Ylestres is assigned to a town, the production of wood in that town is increased by 44-120%.
  • Themistocles
    • Divine Envoys and horsemen have 11-30% increased offensive and defensive values while fighting at Themistokles side.
  • Deimos
    • All units will have 5.5%-15% increased offensive values while attacking with Deimos.
    • Cost for recruitment: 120 Coins of War
  • Pelops
    • Hoplites and chariots will have 11-30% increased offensive and defensive values while fighting with Pelops.

You should have done top 12 heroes and added any of these as bonus material :)

I like Pelops and Paripaistes, not really interested in the others. Never seen a Horse/Envoy combined nuke lol

DeletedUser46395

Apparently, a certain leader had his nose put out of joint because my Top 12 by ABP didn't feature his alliance. No names, no pack drill. Like it's my fault you're not attacking enough to get on the board, mate!

So let's take a look at one by DBP over the last week to see if your lot feature.

1. Northlanders - Sink. Struggling to cope with a string of mini-ops from a bunch of Tools, even running away isn't helping them as they're losing cities faster than they can take them from beginners. 61-0 according to the Oracle.
2. Enuf is Enuf - Sink, but only because they're an acad. Doing quite nicely.
3. Rejects - Sink. Being hammered out of sight. Not Hammered, note. ;)
4. Show Me Your Noobies - Swim. Proper war here at least, but we know how it will end...
5. Noobs Sink. As above.
6. Enough is Enough - Swim. As SMYN.
7. Lords of the Rim - Sink. Well named.
8. Hydra - Sink. Well you made it onto this list, Mr Dog, sir, you must be very proud. Antagonising so many people has really paid off!
9. Hydra 2 - Sink. Wow, two entries! Good work!
10. Caustic Soda - Swim. Bit surprised they're getting enough DBP to feature, they must be killing off a load of slow transports.
11. Vicars of Violence - Sink. Think they're up to their necks in Poop...
12. Varangian Guard - Float. Thought for a while they had serious ambitions to be top of this list with their friends, but perhaps they're having second thoughts which might yet save them.

DeletedUser54414

Apparently, a certain leader had his nose put out of joint because my Top 12 by ABP didn't feature his alliance. No names, no pack drill. Like it's my fault you're not attacking enough to get on the board, mate!

So let's take a look at one by DBP over the last week to see if your lot feature.

1. Northlanders - Sink. Struggling to cope with a string of mini-ops from a bunch of Tools, even running away isn't helping them as they're losing cities faster than they can take them from beginners. 61-0 according to the Oracle.
2. Enuf is Enuf - Sink, but only because they're an acad. Doing quite nicely.
3. Rejects - Sink. Being hammered out of sight. Not Hammered, note. ;)
4. Show Me Your Noobies - Swim. Proper war here at least, but we know how it will end...
5. Noobs Sink. As above.
6. Enough is Enough - Swim. As SMYN.
7. Lords of the Rim - Sink. Well named.
8. Hydra - Sink. Well you made it onto this list, Mr Dog, sir, you must be very proud. Antagonising so many people has really paid off!
9. Hydra 2 - Sink. Wow, two entries! Good work!
10. Caustic Soda - Swim. Bit surprised they're getting enough DBP to feature, they must be killing off a load of slow transports.
11. Vicars of Violence - Sink. Think they're up to their necks in Poop...
12. Varangian Guard - Float. Thought for a while they had serious ambitions to be top of this list with their friends, but perhaps they're having second thoughts which might yet save them.

Nah, not really hammered. Caustic went for the inactive and inexperienced ones. Only lost up to 3-5 cities so far from players who actually know what's up in the game. Sinking cs after cs after cs. The ones we've lost are by players who fail to mention that they're getting attacked in the first place and cant handle themselves.