Top 12 Sink or Swim?

DeletedUser49059

:D I dunno what your feeling cos it aint hate, your not worth the hate, no one is in Grepo cos its a GAME. Something you will do well to remember this server! Already you pacted on this server....typical damn cuddlers ruining the game, oh and spies too as above....Lets see if you can go this world alone beth, cos there are no maybe's about you, your definitely crazy...

Ranga...ok, I get it...so you are not a hugger.

How about a snuggle then? Pretty please? I will even shower first...I promise...I know how you hate us farm girls.

DeletedUser54029

At this point, the top 12 don't matter yet. Alliances are still in their beginning days, and, face it, most alliances end up rising and falling.

DeletedUser54337

The pay-to-win-players are happy about the unbelievable amount of res in this new bpv-worlds. Mass of instant-buys. Full LS nukes after end of 5 day beginner protection, 3-4 cities already AND grouping together!

9 of the TOP 21 players you can find in the pay-to-win-alliance "Show Me Your Newbies"! So they will not sink, because they pay for :D

DeletedUser46130

Every time i see ranga in the chat, and it doesnt involve me :D

THISGONBGUD.gif

DeletedUser

Why I don't miss all this? :D
Ranga , easy bro,peeps might think u are serious in all that and not just messing around for fun lol

DeletedUser17513

Nah,foo is and old one teeth vampire,EK is a youngster full of hormones - both dangerous,Ranga is somewhere in the middle but is unstable during menstrual cycle :eek:

hey hey... just because i like remembering past worlds, does not mean i "try" going after people i dislike in other words, me disliking of other players does not effect my judgment of alliance leading or its direction, i'm here to have as much fun as i can with team that i'm currently playing with aren't we all after all.. :)

DeletedUser46130

Nah,foo is and old one teeth vampire,EK is a youngster full of hormones - both dangerous,Ranga is somewhere in the middle but is unstable during menstrual cycle :eek:

Im neither a vampire nor old, in fact you're much much older than me OLD MAN NISA!
smiley_emoticons_steckenpferd.gif

DeletedUser

Liars :eek:
Now go grab something by the ,oh well,thought I could use a presidential expression :D

DeletedUser21287

The pay-to-win-players are happy about the unbelievable amount of res in this new bpv-worlds. Mass of instant-buys. Full LS nukes after end of 5 day beginner protection, 3-4 cities already AND grouping together!

9 of the TOP 21 players you can find in the pay-to-win-alliance "Show Me Your Newbies"! So they will not sink, because they pay for :D

No player can do anything that you cannot do in the game. This may well be that persons main hobby and if they wish to spend THEIR money to get the most out of the game they enjoy then so be it.

DeletedUser49059

This thread is way off topic. Please get it back on topic.

uh oh...sheriff alert!!
smiley_emoticons_steckenpferd.gif

We best shape it up and behave. I will resist asking Magick if she's a hugger, cuddler or snuggler. I am still holding out for you Ranga...
smiley_emoticons_silvester_cuinlove.gif

Side note: Welcome Magick
smiley_emoticons_hera.gif
...let's hope we can all behave a bit better than Golgi, Sinope, Abdera...and the list goes on. At least Sloth isn't here to offer you Doritos this time, as in Abdera to the former forum fairy, so you are safe for a while.

DeletedUser54337

No player can do anything that you cannot do in the game. This may well be that persons main hobby and if they wish to spend THEIR money to get the most out of the game they enjoy then so be it.

Sure. But most REAL gamers enjoy to have success because of playing well. But poor GOLD players prefer to buy success and are happy about. The problem is that this GOLD players tend to stick together in each world to get sure that they don't have to play too hard. Because of this "Show me your noobies" will swim. But how long will the non-Gold-players like to feed the GOLD-players with cities? Why are only around 200 players active after some months? ;) Just for thinking about ... But sure, everybody is free to pay for win as much of real money as he likes. But he is a really poor guy if he enjoy this kind of "success" :D

DeletedUser46395

Magick, if you could just humour me for a little while I'll explain why some of this is perhaps not so off-topic, before really getting back on topic.

People are criticising HG's strategy as fundamentally boring and negative, and in that they're absolutely right. However, these same people are also being hugely hypocritical, because all she's done is copy what they've been doing for ages, the now-standard EN plan. Makes no difference to me which side employs it (or both, as on several servers), it rather spoils the fun for the majority of players, whilst being undeniably effective. Inno to their credit have recognised that, and have made certain changes to WWs to eliminate the worst excesses of these plans.
What is now happening, which is where it starts being directly relevant to Nagidos and the top 12, is that groups of players are making multi-server deals for crowns - agreeing to support one alliance in one world, in exchange for reversed roles in a future server. So here we have quite a few alliances who were pledged to take certain roles before the server even started. What makes this server really interesting, though, is that a couple of these groups have conflicting multiple agreements in place, and further that quite a few of the key players in alliances with these agreements are not at all happy with them. It's all a recipe for huge internal conflict, as we've already seen with some alliances, and it's far from clear at this stage which alliances will stick to which agreements.
This is also a very interesting world in that there are so many potentially decent alliances - at least 20 who have a realistic chance of making a mark on this world, without counting academies.

Anyway, that's the background to the politics that will shape the server. At this stage I'm not going to second-guess some of these relationships, so will do a fairly straight top 12 based on their players and positioning, rather than politics. As things crystallise, I will do future top 12s based on political facts as well, but for now the alliances themselves don't know which promises they'll be keeping. Even if they think they do.

1. Show Me Your Noobies - Swim. Tight core, good players, nice position.
2. Enough is Enough - Sink. Name change from a highly inappropriate one tells the story clearly Enough - there's been more than enough Drama already. If they can put their internal issues aside, they have the core, players and position to do well, but at the moment, my money is on them not being able to, but who knows for sure?
3. Caustic Soda - Swim. Again, tight core and good players, position is interesting...
4. Devil's Advocates - Sink. I don't think they have the maturity in leadership that's required to make a go of it in the long run on such a tricky server, especially given their position. But they will go down all guns blazing, that's for sure.
5. Hydra - Float. Tricky position, slightly more spread out, their diplo will be very busy.
6. PIED - Sink. Just way too spread out for this server.
7. Backdoor Bandits - Sink. Caustic Soda's academy.
8. Winter Knights - Float. At least in the far north-east.
9. Anonymous - Sink. Too spread out for this world.
10. Symmetry - Sink. Again, too widely distributed.
11. Check Mate - Sink. Famous name, nice players, horrible position and spread.
12. Hydra 2 - Sink. Academy.

But so much depends on the politics - deals the diplos can do, and what the membership is prepared to take. I expect a lot of alliances to break up and new ones form, especially in O54.