Top 12 Sink or Swim?

Pro-Grep

Strategos
I would say dope Top 12, but imo at this stage talking about Top 12 is still early. We can see lots of self-good fighters, but overall I can't see a good alliance.

And it's obvious that most of them will start merging or players will start switching to the stronger alliances.

Anyhow thanks for Top 12 and the effort.

DeletedUser17513

please riddle me this, if both "Enough is Enough" and "Devil's Advocates" are sinking, who will control ocean 55? cuz neither bandits/soda nor noobies will come near it, they are simply coring up to fight each other, a lot of things depend on survival of each ally, and either noobies or soda/bandits will sink its 1 or another.

DeletedUser27128

There you go, short-term thinking again. That's why you'll sink, mate.

Just playing the Devil's Advocate here, but alliances are usually run by more than one person...
smiley_emoticons_steckenpferd.gif

DeletedUser46395

Just playing the Devil's Advocate here, but alliances are usually run by more than one person...
smiley_emoticons_steckenpferd.gif

Indeed. And it's no disrespect to any one person, but IMHO the leadership group simply doesn't have the collective maturity to survive - the blend is just wrong. If you can make it work, good luck to you, but my feeling is that although you have some very good players, and guys who would work very well as part of an older leadership team, the chemistry just isn't right. It's not a lack of intelligence, of aggressiveness, just life experience, which tends to improve decision making.

DeletedUser51786

Magick, if you could just humour me for a little while I'll explain why some of this is perhaps not so off-topic, before really getting back on topic.

People are criticising HG's strategy as fundamentally boring and negative, and in that they're absolutely right. However, these same people are also being hugely hypocritical, because all she's done is copy what they've been doing for ages, the now-standard EN plan. Makes no difference to me which side employs it (or both, as on several servers), it rather spoils the fun for the majority of players, whilst being undeniably effective. Inno to their credit have recognised that, and have made certain changes to WWs to eliminate the worst excesses of these plans.
What is now happening, which is where it starts being directly relevant to Nagidos and the top 12, is that groups of players are making multi-server deals for crowns - agreeing to support one alliance in one world, in exchange for reversed roles in a future server. So here we have quite a few alliances who were pledged to take certain roles before the server even started. What makes this server really interesting, though, is that a couple of these groups have conflicting multiple agreements in place, and further that quite a few of the key players in alliances with these agreements are not at all happy with them. It's all a recipe for huge internal conflict, as we've already seen with some alliances, and it's far from clear at this stage which alliances will stick to which agreements.
This is also a very interesting world in that there are so many potentially decent alliances - at least 20 who have a realistic chance of making a mark on this world, without counting academies.

Anyway, that's the background to the politics that will shape the server. At this stage I'm not going to second-guess some of these relationships, so will do a fairly straight top 12 based on their players and positioning, rather than politics. As things crystallise, I will do future top 12s based on political facts as well, but for now the alliances themselves don't know which promises they'll be keeping. Even if they think they do.

1. Show Me Your Noobies - Swim. Tight core, good players, nice position.
2. Enough is Enough - Sink. Name change from a highly inappropriate one tells the story clearly Enough - there's been more than enough Drama already. If they can put their internal issues aside, they have the core, players and position to do well, but at the moment, my money is on them not being able to, but who knows for sure?
3. Caustic Soda - Swim. Again, tight core and good players, position is interesting...
4. Devil's Advocates - Sink. I don't think they have the maturity in leadership that's required to make a go of it in the long run on such a tricky server, especially given their position. But they will go down all guns blazing, that's for sure.
5. Hydra - Float. Tricky position, slightly more spread out, their diplo will be very busy.
6. PIED - Sink. Just way too spread out for this server.
7. Backdoor Bandits - Sink. Caustic Soda's academy.
8. Winter Knights - Float. At least in the far north-east.
9. Anonymous - Sink. Too spread out for this world.
10. Symmetry - Sink. Again, too widely distributed.
11. Check Mate - Sink. Famous name, nice players, horrible position and spread.
12. Hydra 2 - Sink. Academy.

But so much depends on the politics - deals the diplos can do, and what the membership is prepared to take. I expect a lot of alliances to break up and new ones form, especially in O54.

What ever your name is we are just as equal as Caustic which alliance your in maybe you should check your alliance and see if the would swim or sink

DeletedUser46395

What ever your name is we are just as equal as Caustic which alliance your in maybe you should check your alliance and see if the would swim or sink
Your a nobody :) giving predictions whats your alliance

I'll give you a prediction - that Magick won't like your 3 separate replies... ;)

What's my name? The one attached to my posts. Same as my IGN. It's trivial to look me up in game, I don't hide behind a separate forum name.
My alliance aren't currently in the Top 12, so it would be rather hubristic and off-topic for me to include them. Take a look and let me know what YOU think.

As to you being equal to CS, well that's simply not what my source tells me, and my source has a really rather good track record. Oh, and certainly will know for sure...
And anyway, we all know who's in charge. Your boss just doesn't do equal - except the kind where some are more equal than others. The fact that you descend to name-calling tends to reinforce my opinion, but I accept that's hardly scientific proof. ;)

You have some decent players, some of whom I know quite well. I'm still waiting to see how docile they are and how willing to toe the line - I'm sure that will take a while.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser17513

Indeed. And it's no disrespect to any one person, but IMHO the leadership group simply doesn't have the collective maturity to survive - the blend is just wrong. If you can make it work, good luck to you, but my feeling is that although you have some very good players, and guys who would work very well as part of an older leadership team, the chemistry just isn't right. It's not a lack of intelligence, of aggressiveness, just life experience, which tends to improve decision making.

life experience does not improve decision making, grepolis experience does, and i have plenty of that starting to play in Gen 1 worlds and learning from great leaders.

DeletedUser33675

You probably play with some noobies, huh?
smiley_emoticons_grin.gif

I knew you are not like TeaB or Ranga, who come here only to annoy people
smiley_emoticons_neutral_new.gif

DeletedUser46130

Looks like there is some trouble brewing in the bandits camp :O

DeletedUser46391

Looks like there is some trouble brewing in the bandits camp :O

I'd say so, especially if they have angry wee laddies like this we buck below throwing toys out a pram.

Your a nobody :) giving predictions whats your alliance

As this was mentioned as a solid tactic in posts above.

Would you like a cuddle?

maybe a lil kisseywissy?

Please tell us about yourself Shaz BOOdoos.

Is one a fan of starlight walks on the beach talking about memories past for example?

Does one have an educated opinion on the top 12?

Could you share it? (notice the use of the word could and not would as the ability to share an educated top 12 may well be in question - I for one think Shazza will do a splendid job and keep us on topic in a most majestic fashion).

If harpy A is leaving Paddington at 16:04 and is going 35 mph and manti B leaves Liverpool street at 17:39 and is going 62mph.

How quick do you think it will be before you go inactive and eaten by your team mates only for one of them to complain about how badly the academy was researched?