Top 12 Sink or Swim?

DeletedUser21287

Oh good grief, you really don't know RT, do you? Wow. Astonishing. I thought EVERYONE knew RT, at least by reputation. Ask Beth about him. Ask ANY diplo in any major alliance in any EN revolt world. That way you'll be spared making such silly statements. I doubt very much if there's anyone on the server who better understands exactly how worlds work, even Shaz. Er, I mean Beth. ;)

Mate, YOU were the one attempting the manipulation, don't try to deflect.

You are kidding me sunshine?

I put up a top 12 then suggested 3 logical wars based on location and fairness. Not everyone is out to get you. Perhaps then you could suggest a logical war that wouldn't attract criticism. I mean us v wib or you v check mate would be far more sensible considering 2-3 day cs TT.

DeletedUser46395

You are kidding me sunshine?

I put up a top 12 then suggested 3 logical wars based on location and fairness. Not everyone is out to get you. Perhaps then you could suggest a logical war that wouldn't attract criticism. I mean us v wib or you v check mate would be far more sensible considering 2-3 day cs TT.

Very sorry, but I've absolutely no desire to manipulate people into wars not of their choosing - that seems to be entirely your cup of tea. As RT said, every nuance of that Top 12 was all about trying to manoeuvre the wars (and pacts) you wanted. So no, mate, I'm not kidding you, and you're not kidding anyone.

DeletedUser21287

Very sorry, but I've absolutely no desire to manipulate people into wars not of their choosing - that seems to be entirely your cup of tea. As RT said, every nuance of that Top 12 was all about trying to manoeuvre the wars (and pacts) you wanted. So no, mate, I'm not kidding you, and you're not kidding anyone.

Lol you really are paranoid. I have no Intel on or influence on the alliance I am in or any other. I just say it as I see it and in my opinion that is what I would like to see. An opinion which is the same as the top 12 I did. If others disagree so be it but I have no motive. I don't even know your guys or check mate, you could be complete noobs but as I see it you are both in good locations and looking good but logic dictates you going to war with them is pointless due to distance. Correct me if I'm wrong but wars are between those you share a border with so my opinion makes sense. Now in all fairness you could have you v wib, enough v check mate and noobs v us however I had to take into account the other alliances and where they are located. As such my first preference seemed the most obvious.

DeletedUser46395

Lol you really are paranoid. I have no Intel on or influence on the alliance I am in or any other. I just say it as I see it and in my opinion that is what I would like to see. An opinion which is the same as the top 12 I did. If others disagree so be it but I have no motive. I don't even know your guys or check mate, you could be complete noobs but as I see it you are both in good locations and looking good but logic dictates you going to war with them is pointless due to distance. Correct me if I'm wrong but wars are between those you share a border with so my opinion makes sense. Now in all fairness you could have you v wib, enough v check mate and noobs v us however I had to take into account the other alliances and where they are located. As such my first preference seemed the most obvious.

If that's really true, start a "Fantasy Wars" or somesuch thread and keep this one on topic - it's a Top 12 thread.

DeletedUser30111

This is an odd argument, sure it would be nice and even if there were 3 balanced wars that lasted until the end of the game and no one ever collapsed or grew too big. But how boring is that? The point of the game is to build the biggest empire, and exert sufficient control over it to win the game.

Neither war nor grepolis are perfect, balanced and even. Otherwise there would be no point to strategy and diplomacy.

True it's boring to see an alliance come in and fully dominate from day 1, but that's not what's happening here. A large part of the top 12 have a significant chance of lasting for a long time and having an impact. And I don't see many forever pacts in the top 12.

DeletedUser21287

If that's really true, start a "Fantasy Wars" or somesuch thread and keep this one on topic - it's a Top 12 thread.

Agreed however bear in mind I am responding to your wrong assumption of my post albeit understandable as you do not know me so lets move on
smiley_emoticons_smilenew.gif

DeletedUser51786

Firstly my real name is Shastri

What Does Name "Shastri" Mean
You are spiritually intense and can sting or charm. Your name brings love and new starts into life and attracts money. In business, you are the creator and promoter of original ideas and usually enjoy considerable financial success.You are bold, independent, inquisitive and interested in research. You know what you want and why you want it.

Dependable, very down-to-earth and well grounded, you are always looking for meaningful work, a career where you can take pride in your work and do the best job you are capable of. Your prime desire is to build protected and secure environment at home and at work. You can be very persuasive in achieving goals and gaining objectives. You can be very detailed and well-organized and possess great organizational skills. At times you may appear too stubborn and overly critical to others, but your practical approach to life and productivity makes you one of the most beneficent members of community.

Secondly I dont have the time to do Top 12 as it tend to stir up certain people inside here, I dont have the time for people ranting and raving over a game, I simply dont have the time to do that.

I have played with many good players, I never came across RT so I would not judge as we have not battled as yet, when/if it do happens then I will know what his skills are but for now I dont know who Richard Thrust is.

Thirdly I dont believe in discriminating anyone as I was brought up with the utmost respect, so looking up my game name and posting it is very childish and it leads me to question what is you frame of mind? Like I said I am a successful businessman and dont have time to entertain these childish behaviour

Shaz Boodoo

DeletedUser48232

I don't post here very often.. nor do I check here often. But I have to say, reading some of this is embarrassing. You're like a bunch of bickering old women (apologies to old women). Seriously though, leave the bs out of this thread because I people wanna see Top 12 lists, not a bunch of morons who have insanely large egos throwing their handbags around.

DeletedUser21287

I don't post here very often.. nor do I check here often. But I have to say, reading some of this is embarrassing. You're like a bunch of bickering old women (apologies to old women). Seriously though, leave the bs out of this thread because I people wanna see Top 12 lists, not a bunch of morons who have insanely large egos throwing their handbags around.

True however what would be the point of a top 12 without discussing it lol. So long as people are respectful its all good and all about opinions.

DeletedUser21287

Says the guy who is apart of the team that dropped with 150 players from day one :D Which is it? You want a fair fight 1 v 1 or you want one alliance v your two alliances? You cant break the status quo if you are the one following it.

My man you know nothing lol. I would say between half and three quarters of the alliance I am in now were all enemies of the past 2 worlds. I joined this world because I needed a little gold and I randomly landed where I am, no intention of staying. However this cool guy called Shaz (hes been in here somewhere, you may know him) approached me and I joined and gave him my reason which he accepted (feel free to correct me Shaz
smiley_emoticons_winken4.gif
if I am lying). As more joined and I could see the world developing I decided to stick around and make new friends with respected enemies. What better challenge than to play amongst former enemies and earn their trust and respect as an ally (something you know little about judging by your animosity towards Beth which I will leave there as I do not know or want to know the history). So if 149 joined together as friends who trust each other and are willing to take little old me in I think that says a lot don't you?

People in this forum really need to stop prejudging.

Ranga1

Strategos
:D in my active world half the people im with were my enemies, in fact more than half and we now play together. It got nothing to do with that though, the fact is you want fair fights but have joined the alliance with the biggest player numbers thus NOT creating a fair fight? I don't really care, I'm just wondering what it is your actually trying to say/do/want/b*tch about? THE MASSES NEED TO KNOW. By the way, I respect HF girl, its just funny to rib her and watch her babble on for half a page trying to explain herself :D

DeletedUser30111

People in this forum really need to stop prejudging.

I don't think it's prejudice, you are preaching about a fair fight between alliances and yet you are part of by far the largest alliance on the server. Those are facts. Prejudice is an opinion not based in fact.

And everyone plays with former enemies, it's part of the game. The real challenge in this game is playing to the spirit of the alliance model and not bypassing the alliance cap with academies and sister alliances and taking the easy way out.

DeletedUser46391

Marty. I like the constant dissmisal "you don't know anything" I am rite tactic as much as the next over entitled mansplainer but this isn't a valid form of debate if you want to be taken seriously (I'll leave you to pick the irony out of that one). Anyway let's get back to a top twelve.

Now you have given some context.
We will take it as a backhanded compliment that you think the war of Cs and cj vs TINAD and TINAH would be evenly split.

The day dreaming romantic in me would love to see even wars, but let's be realistic. Wars are not supposed to be even. If they were it would be set up like a sport. Arms races are named as such for a reason and if you look back at history you will be hard pressed to find a war where both sides agreed to keep things "sporting".

Also shaz apologies if you feel the need to be offended. You have a lovely name.

I do find it funny how you say you don't have the time to do a top 12 yet 90% of your posts are in this thread mind you.

DeletedUser49059

:D in my active world half the people im with were my enemies, in fact more than half and we now play together. It got nothing to do with that though, the fact is you want fair fights but have joined the alliance with the biggest player numbers thus NOT creating a fair fight? I don't really care, I'm just wondering what it is your actually trying to say/do/want/b*tch about? THE MASSES NEED TO KNOW. By the way, I respect HF girl, its just funny to rib her and watch her babble on for half a page trying to explain herself :D

Ranga, does this mean I finally get a hug?

DeletedUser49059

As for a top 12...I really recommend at least a top 13. Inno just didn't give us the 120 +/- cap we really had hope for.

And as for dropping as a team of 150 from the start...not exactly how it went down for us, but collectively, it's coming together and will continue to improve. We've edited our goals, our recruiting structure , and unlike some...we'very not had to pact nearly our entire ocean or MISLEAD other alliances within our ocean with temporary pacts.

We've got a set of rules in place-those that can live with them and be patient and contribute regularly to our team...they are in a good place with a good "family".

As for the top 12- I see us sticking it out until the bloody end, with any luck.

DeletedUser21287

Man I'm REPLYING to posts aimed at me, I'm not starting or creating arguments. You interpret a players intentions and motivations all you want but when you are wrong don't be surprised when that person responds. This alliance didn't have 150 when I joined, I doubt there were 30 but I choose to stay after getting to know some of them.

DeletedUser21287

I don't think it's prejudice, you are preaching about a fair fight between alliances and yet you are part of by far the largest alliance on the server. Those are facts. Prejudice is an opinion not based in fact.

And everyone plays with former enemies, it's part of the game. The real challenge in this game is playing to the spirit of the alliance model and not bypassing the alliance cap with academies and sister alliances and taking the easy way out.

I don't worry about the alliance cap, neither should others. If the cap here was 150 we would be 1 alliance. If the cap was 50 we would be 3. The point is if 150 friends want to play together this is how it must be, right or wrong. Blame the game not the player.

DeletedUser21287

Marty. I like the constant dissmisal "you don't know anything" I am rite tactic as much as the next over entitled mansplainer but this isn't a valid form of debate if you want to be taken seriously (I'll leave you to pick the irony out of that one). Anyway let's get back to a top twelve.

Now you have given some context.
We will take it as a backhanded compliment that you think the war of Cs and cj vs TINAD and TINAH would be evenly split.

The day dreaming romantic in me would love to see even wars, but let's be realistic. Wars are not supposed to be even. If they were it would be set up like a sport. Arms races are named as such for a reason and if you look back at history you will be hard pressed to find a war where both sides agreed to keep things "sporting".

Also shaz apologies if you feel the need to be offended. You have a lovely name.

I do find it funny how you say you don't have the time to do a top 12 yet 90% of your posts are in this thread mind you.

I get it. And yes it isnt evenly split nor would it be 100% fair. BUT my point came from not wanting a repeat of world's were 3 gang up on 1. My 3 wars I suggested based on location would be fairer than the alternative and allow for a longer server. Which means wonders are harder to achieve and an all round better gaming experience for us all. Now there will obviously be wars, between who I don't know or genuinely care and yes 1 side as always will have an advantage. But to suggest I am part of an alliance based on its size is a bit of a low blow considering you know nothing about me (not nothing about everything).

I think it's time somebody did a new top 12. We've debated mine long enough lol

DeletedUser30111

I don't worry about the alliance cap, neither should others. If the cap here was 150 we would be 1 alliance. If the cap was 50 we would be 3. The point is if 150 friends want to play together this is how it must be, right or wrong. Blame the game not the player.

No, I'm hating the player, as grepo has made changes specifically to avoid this type of thing, and as you said earlier, most of Caustic was recruited, so you weren't all 150 friends who wanted to play together. You are 150 players who wanted the challenge of having twice as many players as the cap to make it easier on yourselves. Now I don't put too much blame on you, as this is a too regular occurrence. But you still are to blame