Top 12 Sink or Swim?

DeletedUser46395

Nah, not really hammered. Caustic went for the inactive and inexperienced ones. Only lost up to 3-5 cities so far from players who actually know what's up in the game. Sinking cs after cs after cs. The ones we've lost are by players who fail to mention that they're getting attacked in the first place and cant handle themselves.

Well I apologise, then, because I considered a score of 28-0 to be a bit of a hammering - clearly, you've done a poor job with those noobs though, so doesn't say a lot for leadership for (a) recruiting them in the first place, (b) failing to train them, and (c) not dealing with inactives. Not sure why you think admitting that paints your alliance in a better light?

DeletedUser17513

Well I apologise, then, because I considered a score of 28-0 to be a bit of a hammering - clearly, you've done a poor job with those noobs though, so doesn't say a lot for leadership for (a) recruiting them in the first place, (b) failing to train them, and (c) not dealing with inactives. Not sure why you think admitting that paints your alliance in a better light?

Liked your Top 12, tho im curious why isnt CM on it? i know they are sinking and done, but they earned a lot of DBP giving SMYN cities :)
And your points in this quote are on spot :p

DeletedUser46395

Liked your Top 12, tho im curious why isnt CM on it? i know they are sinking and done, but they earned a lot of DBP giving SMYN cities :)
And your points in this quote are on spot :p

I suspect it's because I've based it on the top 20 on points in the Oracle, and CM will have fallen out of the Top 20. Excellent point.

DeletedUser49059

Nah, not really hammered. Caustic went for the inactive and inexperienced ones. Only lost up to 3-5 cities so far from players who actually know what's up in the game. Sinking cs after cs after cs. The ones we've lost are by players who fail to mention that they're getting attacked in the first place and cant handle themselves.

Excellent recruiting policies at work there Trigster...good to know you can sink a CS with an 18 hour TT to land...maybe Bear will be kind enough to give us a new view tomorrow on things.

DeletedUser17513

Even tho i like bear for trying to mix things up by creating top 12 by abp, dbp, i think regular overview of top 12 is still the one most interesting to see.. tho not many players publish them and not very often :oops:

DeletedUser54360

Apparently, a certain leader had his nose put out of joint because my Top 12 by ABP didn't feature his alliance. No names, no pack drill. Like it's my fault you're not attacking enough to get on the board, mate!

So let's take a look at one by DBP over the last week to see if your lot feature.

1. Northlanders - Sink. Struggling to cope with a string of mini-ops from a bunch of Tools, even running away isn't helping them as they're losing cities faster than they can take them from beginners. 61-0 according to the Oracle.
2. Enuf is Enuf - Sink, but only because they're an acad. Doing quite nicely.
3. Rejects - Sink. Being hammered out of sight. Not Hammered, note. ;)
4. Show Me Your Noobies - Swim. Proper war here at least, but we know how it will end...
5. Noobs Sink. As above.
6. Enough is Enough - Swim. As SMYN.
7. Lords of the Rim - Sink. Well named.
8. Hydra - Sink. Well you made it onto this list, Mr Dog, sir, you must be very proud. Antagonising so many people has really paid off!
9. Hydra 2 - Sink. Wow, two entries! Good work!
10. Caustic Soda - Swim. Bit surprised they're getting enough DBP to feature, they must be killing off a load of slow transports.
11. Vicars of Violence - Sink. Think they're up to their necks in Poop...
12. Varangian Guard - Float. Thought for a while they had serious ambitions to be top of this list with their friends, but perhaps they're having second thoughts which might yet save them.
LORDS OF THE RIM have come from nowhere . But I am not going to try and defend the indefensible . Yes the battle Statistics are appallingly bad for now.

However when you consider we have effectively killed off Pirate Nation CHECK MATE and SYMMETRY without a major battle - we may be doing something right.

LOTR has been formed late for one reason and one reason only- to take it to SMYN - when they manage to reach us across a barren wasteland in between . We may well sink but we will sink after a real battle which I have purposely avoided . I saw no point in killing off those who can help us achieve our aspirations,

Our aspiration to beat the Golden Hordes ( albeit a talented Golden Horde ) with sparing Gold use and effectively claim this game back for the old style old time players .

Mad ? Perhaps but my battle will be later on with the only foe I care about .

Will we emerge from the shadows and actual obscurity to meet the crushing might of SMYN - who knows but at least we ae going to have a go .

The "grunt u 54 grunt u meat " utterances of their chief spoiled mummies boy dragging his Neanderthal knuckles across the floor of ocean 54 have awoken a quiet resolve in me.

Time will tell . We thrive on ridicule three groups already underestimated us.

The thing is we have no fear and we like and embrace and train "so called NOOBS " and turn them into killers. I appreciate that is yet to be demonstrated at least in this world ,

We hate noob haters it is as simple as that - noobs are the life blood and future of our game.

FYI Lords of the Rim won one world rebadged for WW phase.

DeletedUser

1. Northlanders - Sink. Struggling to cope with a string of mini-ops from a bunch of Tools, even running away isn't helping them as they're losing cities faster than they can take them from beginners. 61-0 according to the Oracle.

If this is a mini-op, I'd hate to see a normal-sized op. You're taking it island by island, and have carefully thought about which players you'll take and when. You employed distraction and re-direction techniques. Your attack armies seem to be rebirthing at an incredible rate, hours later from the same cities. Is this really, genuinely, honestly, what you would call a "mini-op"? Do you know what mini means? It means miniature, small, a fraction of a normal size. Is this mini? Or are you just showing off? You said a few days ago that there are many who can appear like wise and experienced vets, yet only a few who actually are, and fewer still who can spot them. If that be so, let your reports and alliance movements do the talking, as they already do, instead of the arrogant review you've given on here. Everyone can see you're good, it's really not necessary.

True champions don't need to cheer for themselves.

DeletedUser46395

Even tho i like bear for trying to mix things up by creating top 12 by abp, dbp, i think regular overview of top 12 is still the one most interesting to see.. tho not many players publish them and not very often :oops:

Well it gives a chance to have a look at some other alliances, and also to gIve people a bit more information as to what's going on.

DeletedUser21287

If this is a mini-op, I'd hate to see a normal-sized op. You're taking it island by island, and have carefully thought about which players you'll take and when. You employed distraction and re-direction techniques. Your attack armies seem to be rebirthing at an incredible rate, hours later from the same cities. Is this really, genuinely, honestly, what you would call a "mini-op"? Do you know what mini means? It means miniature, small, a fraction of a normal size. Is this mini? Or are you just showing off? You said a few days ago that there are many who can appear like wise and experienced vets, yet only a few who actually are, and fewer still who can spot them. If that be so, let your reports and alliance movements do the talking, as they already do, instead of the arrogant review you've given on here. Everyone can see you're good, it's really not necessary.

True champions don't need to cheer for themselves.

True definition of an OP in Grepolis

1. Major OP = Successful conquest of the majority of targets listed in pre OP. This then includes random players cities who give up and as such additional cities are claimed and taken without resistance. Those with big EGOS call it a Major OP.
2. Mini OP = Failure to conquer majority of targets listed in pre OP. This follows on from several CS snipes and as such the attackers turn their focus on 3-4 players who are not so good, take their cities and again those with EGOS make out it was only a mini OP.

wreakedhavoc

Phrourach
d46c85d7dd944a6da72c510ea1232f72.png

Not sure what exactly happened between Checkmate and SMYN , but it was epically like this lol...Merry Xmas Checkmate

DeletedUser17513

1. Major OP = Successful conquest of the majority of targets listed in pre OP. This then includes random players cities who give up and as such additional cities are claimed and taken without resistance. Those with big EGOS call it a Major OP.
2. Mini OP = Failure to conquer majority of targets listed in pre OP. This follows on from several CS snipes and as such the attackers turn their focus on 3-4 players who are not so good, take their cities and again those with EGOS make out it was only a mini OP.

You are correct, however OP-ing smaller number of targets and taking all cities or most of them is still called Mini OP :p

DeletedUser46395

Well that might apply to your lot, although I think it's really just a cheap attempt at feeble propaganda; but I think most stick to more standard definitions.

Mini op - a relatively small and focused number of defined targets
Op - a wider number of targets.

I would be the first to concede that what we've done doesn't look much like a series of mini-ops, but that's largely because we have gone some way beyond the planned targets each time. Knowing that they only ever properly defend leaders' cities does make distraction attacks trivially simple, of course. ;)

DeletedUser38168

LORDS OF THE RIM have come from nowhere . But I am not going to try and defend the indefensible . Yes the battle Statistics are appallingly bad for now.

However when you consider we have effectively killed off Pirate Nation CHECK MATE and SYMMETRY without a major battle - we may be doing something right.

So i have to pick you up on this i confessed as to your definition of effectively killing off Pirate Nation Check Mate and Symmerty

ca34385122ab4427868df823ba6a6ae8.png

2aec8ae6e02847f68a7700b75c3f1874.png

abe720a3f8a84a1bac5b683a83134bed.png

if this it what you have in store for my alliances we best start running now

DeletedUser51786

Never heard of Lord of the Rim, they may have to change their name Getting Rimmed ;) hahaha

DeletedUser54204

smiley_emoticons_steckenpferd.gif