Top 12 Sink or Swim?

DeletedUser

Well, here is a new top 12 guys...did I say top 12? No, I'm gonna do it my way : Coalition of the south Vs the SHATTERED north .. In addition to some outsiders

1- Shattered North : after SMYN and Extortion Merge attempt , too many players starting mouthing and nagging in the externals, which clearly had an impact on some players who lost their Prestige in externals, and therefore, the pressure led them to take some reckless decisions. In result each went back in his own way , and merge Failed. So, Who was nagging and mouthing ? We'll mention those players in the coalition of the south and outsiders

Lolol yea it's our fault why prestiges players made reckless decisions. Not the fact that those players have too much pride or are too good to simply betray part of their alliance and win a crown by simming. The rest of your post is just ignorant and full of lies so congrats on writing the worst top 10 ever champ.

DeletedUser48256

It would be interesting if one of those 'outsider' alliances tried to build a single wonder just to mess the 'big boys' around haha.

Van Helsing

Phrourach
This usually happens - the smaller alliances focus on building one Wonder so that the bigger alliances are unable to get all seven. Its a good tactic and will probably happen here.

It generates fighting for the alliances trying for all seven (crown) as they need to bust the island with the elusive Wonder. Can be fun - well I hope so lol

DeletedUser38168

I see where ur WWs are, and I see their attacks can make it there in less than 7 hours, and their CSs 20 hrs , which is enough for them to break it if needed ...

just one problem with this bloods don't attack not at all u could build wonders on the island next door it would be safe

DeletedUser38168

Good banter guys and gals - Wreaked - you are right about the South v Caustics/Ext and that the rim alliances will have no say in this (they will try and build there little wonder - but will have more chance building a shed) - but beware WIB do have some quality players.

the merge didnt happen dew to poor/non existent leadership before and during the process.

DeletedUser31163

Wreaked Havoc, wow are you clueless on why merge not happen? And you are way off where Drills ww's are going to be...lol

DeletedUser51786

Merge Failed

The merge failed due to some leaders in Caustic, Some Leaders are too stubborn and will risks everything even sacrifice their friends to gain on everything or a single city ;) that should clear it up lol

DeletedUser54360

If you spawned next to us , u wouldnt be here mouthing off...

Guess where u'd be? Rimmed !
Someone must have inflated ur ego ...go back to ur right place
C'mon Wreaked behave yourself.. that is arrant nonsense and you know it. You would not have been forced into Caustic if Rejects had had 1/10 of LOTR resilience and tenacity.

You forget that you had to beg to get in there..

DeletedUser54360

didnt mention the merge that didnt happen? Not that it matters - a large proportion of SMYN players didnt want it so it was cancelled - fair enough I say

How could anyone ever imagine that they would like it . ?

But no doubt some other cavilling version of it will emerge so Under Torsion never actually have to fight anyone of note with anywhere near equal unit capacity.

i am sure you believe you can win a world without ever fighting anyone of note but it will be a first. And not a good first.

DeletedUser46395

Well ok, but I have to say it's a bit tricky at the moment. The message I'm getting from lots of places is a feeling of uncertainty, almost unease in some cases; there seem to be lots of potential decisions to be made that might have quite an impact on the server, and nobody seems all that sure which way they will go. Which makes the server more fascinating at this time than at any point yet, despite looking on the surface pretty clear.

1. Extortion - swim. I think... Clearly in pole position, and taking in some of the top Noobies, but... And the thing is I can't quite put my finger on the "but". Certainly this is where most of the unease comes in, there's something not quite right here, more unhappiness from good players than there should be in the position. I guess the main reason is uncertainty about what the rump of SMYN will do, which explains why they still have 2 alternative locations for WWs, one safe from SMYN, the other safe from TINAD. Maybe they think they either have to be working with SMYN or fighting them? Very, very interesting.

2. This is not a drill - swim. Not as clear-cut a chance as for Extortion, but fairly nicely set. Big issues here are can they get enough resources delivered to beat Extortion, and who will they have to fight - Extortion are desparate to get SMYN into 45 to fight them, but will that happen?

3. Show Me Your Noobies - float. As I've already stated, not sure which way they will go. Will they do what Extortion want, or will the residual unhappiness about the merge thing mean they fight in that direction? Hard to tell, soundings are not clear-cut.

4. Written in Blood - float. I really have no idea what these guys will do; I don't think they'll support Extortion, but wouldn't rule it out; doesn't look like they'll support TINAD, but they might; most likely, they'll just keep fighting SMYN. I guess they're still waiting on a formal decision from Blood Ties.

5. This is not a hammer - swim. Can't see a scenario where they won't be around until at least the WW phase.

6. The 49 Noobs, 7. The Langolier Ones, 8. Last of the Rim Lords, 9. The Resurrected and 11. Loki - swim. What they (and other smaller alliances) decide to do could influence the outcome. Most likely, they'll go for blocking builds of WWs, but they have enough military force to sway matters if they so wish. Together, they would be kingmakers, but that's not exactly likely. ;)

10. Blood Ties - float. Their chance of wonders is surely gone, what will they do next?

12. Extortionists - swim. The brains behind the alliance, but what happens if it all goes wrong, as it well might?

So a bit of an odd top 12, but then it's all a bit odd right now.

DeletedUser54430

Top 12 Rumors

Not directing this towards anyone in particular just a general list of statements/observations:

Just out of curiosity, which Noobies have Extortion took in officially? (not including players like Hunkiller who have hopped between both)

Out of 74 members, GRCT has all either pre-existing from Soda or transferring in from Juice. Extortion absorbing any SMYN members (officially as part of that 74 count) just isn't true. You can go down the list of all 74 current Extortion members and track alliance history. I honestly don't know where people are coming up with this information.

Yes, SMYN member count has gone down, but their members have not gone to Extortion, rather they're (most are) quitting and their cities are being retained by SMYN (This isn't my assumption this is a fact that GRCT can prove). For clarification purposes, I'm talking about players that from the get-go were in SMYN and joined EXT. (there really aren't any)

SMYN actually lost some members to alliances other than Extortion, so I think there's another story to be told. I don't think the instability is with Extortion but rather the latter. Then again I am biased because EXT is my alliance, but the statistics don't lie.

I would argue that a lot of alliances are losing members to new servers due to the lack of serious wars and a very static/boring server. (at least GRCT would support that claim)

Seems to me people just enjoy spurring rumors about whoever is in the #1 spot (even back when it was SMYN) just to get a reaction. I mean there's at least 2-3 posts per page in the top 12 thread that are factually false and can be proven false using grepo intel/ grct/ in-game statistics ect...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser46395

I've rather hedged it because I did this in a hurry before my wife got home from teaching at college, and so didn't check if they had actually moved yet. But my sources on both alliances are clear, and have proved to be reliable - if they haven't moved yet, they will. You're right that some Noobies have gone elsewhere, they were the ones most unhappy with the whole merge thing.

The interesting question is more about those within Extortion who are unhappy - and again, sources are VERY clear on the unhappiness, although this time much less clear about what will happen - the unease and uncertainty I'm talking about. Am I focusing more on the Number 1 alliance than Number 3 and falling? Yes, and you're right that that is an interesting story, but one that has increasingly less importance to the outcome of the server as time passes. Ultimately, I don't think they have the strategic leadership without Foo - some outstanding players, and good tactical leaders, but no strategists. The Extortion story is much more key to the future.

You don't have to believe me, but it's not me that keeps saying how accurate I am, it's mostly Extortion people, if you check back. ;)