Top 12 Sink or Swim?

DeletedUser54699

Coalition lol - what coalition?

You keep telling yourselves that if it makes you feel better about what you've done here.

You took 50 of the top 75 players on the server and put them in the same team. The most embarrassing gameplay on Grepolis ever.

:( :eek: :D

DeletedUser46391

Coalition lol - what coalition?

You keep telling yourselves that if it makes you feel better about what you've done here.

You took 50 of the top 75 players on the server and put them in the same team. The most embarrassing gameplay on Grepolis ever.

Are SMYN going to be ok?

You have been haemorrhaging cities with little or no defensive response for the last few days and have 17 players in VM or inactive :(.

WHG could probably have a stab at making good on the initial promises about imploding SMYN that he made on this forum the way things are going.

That along with your other enemies like TLO and The Hive will be happy to see this and join in I'm sure. If they do will you be able to cope?

http://nf-oracle.com/alliance.php?id_alliance=168&server=en95

WW might be an uphill struggle for you with those activity levels and EBH being in VM too (when is he back?).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser46395

Are SMYN going to be ok?

You have been haemorrhaging cities with little or no defensive response for the last few days and have 17 players in VM or inactive :(.

WHG could probably have a stab at making good on the initial promises about imploding SMYN that he made on this forum the way things are going.

That along with your other enemies like TLO and The Hive will be happy to see this and join in I'm sure. If they do will you be able to cope?

http://nf-oracle.com/alliance.php?id_alliance=168&server=en95

WW might be an uphill struggle for you with those activity levels and EBH being in VM too (when is he back?).

Bigger problem for me is the state of the leadership. Feet stamping, name calling and hissy fits tend to be the mark of the defeated; there's no hint here that there's the desire to give it a decent shot, merely call foul at being outwitted. If they can sort that, then there's a chance, I suppose.

DeletedUser51435

Bigger problem for me is the state of the leadership. Feet stamping, name calling and hissy fits tend to be the mark of the defeated; there's no hint here that there's the desire to give it a decent shot, merely call foul at being outwitted. If they can sort that, then there's a chance, I suppose.

Well I always thought that TINAD and EXT would work together and planned for it. I did consider a merge or splitting wonders between each other. I picked splitting wonders because it gave each team and as many members possible to get the win for completing 4 wonders first. I discounted the fact that with the new 72 hour rule you wouldn't freeze out more than 50% of each teams main alliance members on the win and most likely crowns. So on that point I will concede that you outwitted us.

I will say that this wonder era is yours to lose but I have seen stranger things happen. I have seen a 60 player crew take down the wonder era in a server that had a 100 cap crew. Wonder era is all about who out hustles who. I can only speak for myself and I know I will give 100% to my crew.

Last edited by a moderator:

skiboot

Phrourach

There are no hissy fits or tantrums going on over here, just disappointment and resignation that every time I think we might get a decent contest on a server, human nature never fails to disappoint.

Let's not forget that Richard offered SMYN a merge with TINAD just before doing the same with Extortion. I'm still glad we said no, as to me the integrity of the game is more important than screwing over the rest of your teammates to make a massive coalition that massively overpowers any competition. I've never been a part of anything so embarrassing as that and never will I'm pleased to say.

Bear talks about us being "outwitted" but to me that's hilarious. We don't want to win like that, it's hardly any grand strategy to do what has been done here.

It's now obvious how this will end and I hope you folks enjoy it. Personally I can't fathom how you all can draw any pride or sense of achievement from "winning" here but then I suppose I don't get the way your team thinks about the game at all.

skiboot

Phrourach
Anybody that uses the word "hilarious" in this sort of context is hurting deeply inside. ;)

Now that genuinely IS hilarious. ;)

Anybody that tries desperately to detract from the total shame of what has been done in this server by attempting deflection IS truly hilarious.

And the only thing that hurts me deeply inside is heartburn after a hot curry....:)

DeletedUser46395

Anybody that tries desperately to detract from the total shame of what has been done in this server by attempting deflection IS truly hilarious.

And the only thing that hurts me deeply inside is heartburn after a hot curry....:)

Not sure what planet you're on, mate. Shame? Is that your shame in being less smart and less good a diplo than others who have put their sides in with a better chance of winning? Because there's no shame on our side for doing everything we can - always within the rules - to win, that's what we were here for, as we told you on numerous occasions. Anyway, this is all a bit off-topic, so time for a Nag.

Also, I suspect the hurt you're feeling now is more like what you get the day after a hot curry. ;)

skiboot

Phrourach
Not sure what planet you're on, mate. Shame? Is that your shame in being less smart and less good a diplo than others who have put their sides in with a better chance of winning? Because there's no shame on our side for doing everything we can - always within the rules - to win, that's what we were here for, as we told you on numerous occasions. Anyway, this is all a bit off-topic, so time for a Nag.

Also, I suspect the hurt you're feeling now is more like what you get the day after a hot curry. ;)

I guess you must know about that kind of pain then Bear? Do tell us all about it.... ;)

If you think that organising all the top players into one alliance to win at any cost is smart then I can't help you. It's actually about as dumb as it gets and I still can't work out why nobody has the balls to try and win it with their own team anymore. I'm just glad SMYN had the integrity to reject Richard's offer of a merge. I'm sure Extortion don't mind being second choice.

You ask what planet am I on? I'm on the planet of players that used to look at massive coalitions as nothing to be a part of because they had some self respect, I'm on the planet of players that used to not run scared of anything vaguely resembling a contest because it was fun to not know if you might succeed or not, I'm from the planet of players where playing the game used to be more important than talking about it. Clearly a totally different planet to the players that are in it now and frankly, I don't like what I see.

I came back in hope that there might be something left in this game but truly it's in an even worse state than I remember.....

Last edited:

DeletedUser54360

You know you made them mad when they start calling you names.
"Just a bunch of Tools" sounded more like a witticism to me. But I imagine it requires a certain minimum level of acuity to divine that.

DeletedUser54360

Or do your Monopoly Rights extend to humour as well as negotiated wins?. A few more good players cheated out of a realistic contest will slide away from Grepolis and all that will be left will be the detritus.

I KNOW that I would have sacked any Leadership that gave away MY seat on a Wonders Island as these two Monoliths must have done. Sadly both my two remaining Krakens are by your luck rather than good judgement evictions from Islands > So the best laid plan of this Man has ganged astray..

DeletedUser46391

Let's not forget that Richard offered SMYN a merge with TINAD just before doing the same with Extortion. I'm still glad we said no, as to me the integrity of the game is more important than screwing over the rest of your teammates to make a massive coalition that massively overpowers any competition. I've never been a part of anything so embarrassing as that and never will I'm pleased to say.

Oh la la!

I said five spots knowing that the deal was already made and got two pms about it from people in smyn that weren't you bud.

The fact that you consider 5 spots a full merge speaks wonders for your activity levels though. :/

Pm me and I'll try dig them up.

DeletedUser54360

Tool is derogatory term in the Us for someone who conforms and doesn't question or strive to be/do better.

Expand your cultural knowledge.
The Allainces were called HAmmer and Drill eg Tools . Use a BRUSH to sweep that CHIP off your shoulder..

DeletedUser54360

Well now mate - they were "This is NOT a drill" and "This is NOT a hammer", so in reality, the one thing they were not was tools. :)

It was still inventively funny. Appealing to the high IQ client of humour. Such as yourself.

DeletedUser54360

I guess you must know about that kind of pain then Bear? Do tell us all about it.... ;)

If you think that organising all the top players into one alliance to win at any cost is smart then I can't help you. It's actually about as dumb as it gets and I still can't work out why nobody has the balls to try and win it with their own team anymore. I'm just glad SMYN had the integrity to reject Richard's offer of a merge. I'm sure Extortion don't mind being second choice.

You ask what planet am I on? I'm on the planet of players that used to look at massive coalitions as nothing to be a part of because they had some self respect, I'm on the planet of players that used to not run scared of anything vaguely resembling a contest because it was fun to not know if you might succeed or not, I'm from the planet of players where playing the game used to be more important than talking about it. Clearly a totally different planet to the players that are in it now and frankly, I don't like what I see.

I came back in hope that there might be something left in this game but truly it's in an even worse state than I remember.....

Well to be fair they usually end up getting hammered like LOTR did here in Nagidos. BUT LOTR put personal issues aside and constructed something to try and breathe life back into a dead and moribund world.

SKI dont worry .. For all the Selfjustification going on here. Players like you and I emerge with reputations intact from Nagidos.
The silent majority of Grepolis Veterans are watching and starting to comment upon these shennanigans .

We may not have won GREPOLIS back for the players in NAGIDOS but we have made progress - many many- veterans are signing up for the next RIMLORDS team with the sole intent of facing these chancers down at the next available opportunity. ( Including several displaced Wonders residents. )

It is too much for them to snooker their teammates in this world and I would not ask them to - but they have sworn never to play for these jokers ever again ).

I used to say

" You cannot slime cheat or scheme your way to a GREPOLIS win."

I WAS WRONG

TIMES HAVE CHANGED AND NOT FOR THE BETTER.

But I remain optimistic as to the future.

The best part of all of this is that the Illuminatii have no clue what and who they have lost permanently as a result of this..

Decent players forced out of an already assured Crown just to provide added insurance for non combatant leaders.

DeletedUser54360

I count thirty inactive and VM in your extended family group. No link required .

If 17 is cause for sadface do we need to make sure noone starts slashing wrists over 30?