Top 12 Sink or Swim?

DeletedUser49104

They're not in this world though!! Are they? wait... oh god... there he is View attachment 12689 Mauro the C... guess the end of the word to win a prize.

That made me LOL more than it should have!
funny-grow-up-quote.jpg

DeletedUser24785

worst top 12 i have ever read... Gods best player wasnt even mentioned, me

You are great , i wish i could play against you every server and didn't work, what was it 4k DEF BP today, on my phone app. and working?

DeletedUser30524

We're going to need a new Top 12 with the new number 4 alliance "NEW NAME NEEDED"

Attachments

• new name needed.png
    new name needed.png
    97 KB · Views: 17
great, already a lot of egos and self maded legends here...
smiley_emoticons_hust.gif

well done to players who find time to make top 12 , thats what this thread is made for. great work
smiley_emoticons_thumbs-up_new.gif

its just starting friends, a long world and a lot of patience for all...

enjoy fifa and summer ... have fun friends....
smiley_emoticons_kleeblatt2.gif
Ugh stop it with the positivity and happiness this is a grepo forum, we don't do that here.
:wg:

Stirlo

Phrourach
So

Just thought I’d give my thoughts on this world. I started HARPOON here really with just one simple burning question, can you start and maintain an alliance if its not a premade. For me, the answer is absolutely not.

We made a great start and being number 4 position took a lot of hard work and I’m quite happy with that. What you have as an alliance though is a group of noobs, former leaders and players who frankly weren’t good enough to be invited as a premade.

What you quickly realise is that when you set a few loose rules ( I’m not big on rules ) like stay in O45 and don’t grow into other oceans a lot of players will see that as not applying to them.

So for me what I’ve seen this past two to three weeks has put me off this game for life. It simply isn’t the game I started playing back in 2011. It actually feels quite good at this moment. Its answered a lot of questions.

To start, as I’ve said, players not to go into other oceans. I see some players do it and mail them to say "look, keep to our oceans". The next few days are spent hearing that said player is asking for an invites into other alliances. Sulking in effect.

One of the people you appointed leader and who knows your thoughts on it takes a ghost outside that ocean, as an example I kick them but also tell the main O55 alliance I’m ok with you recruiting them. I don’t want to see their game to end.

This then snowballs into the person who is running our OP deciding to defend against his own alliance attacks ( the 20% BP is great to know this ), Elder Scroll if you’d like to know. Said player also decides not to respond in the forum nor PM to explain, but does decide to hand his cities off to Bloods.

But I could go on forever, so in summary heres whats wrong with the game.

Theres almighty cliques from past worlds. You can’t get past this fact, even though players haven’t been deemed good enough for an invites into a new world they still will more than happily play the spy and have a weird loyalty. You can’t build an alliance off this.

Players are more than willing to defend against their own alliance for again the above reason, its happened again and again, I don’t get it and theres no point even trying when your playing the enemy and multiple players of your own team.

Diplomacy is completely worthless, its do as I say not as I do. Then when you call them out on it they get a cob on. In the old days the diplomacy wasn’t as immature as it is now. You were talking to older wiser heads. Now you’re basically just talking to kids.

Botting, I’m amazed at how widespread this is. Apparently everyone is doing it and one of my leaders was explaining how I couldn’t get caught, how to set it up and that he also has “friends” in the moderation team who can overlook it and get bans lifted. You are on a hiding to nothing in that respect as an average player. This attitude is whats put me off the most, it really is easier to cheat.

I could go on and on, but theres some good people still playing this game. Most of the HARPOON alliance are good people and I wish them well. I would personally advise them to find a game that’s probably a bit younger than this one that people haven’t established all the cliques and cheating.

As the gambling adverts say. When it stops being fun…….STOP

Whatever happens, enjoy the world. ( or leave it! Lifes to short to accept the cheating! )

DeletedUser55793

Lol, made an account just for this XD
I've played for a while, and I just joined this world looking for a bit of fun, and I got it. It was honestly a blast playing with all the Harpoon guys and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Now leadership isn't easy. Everyone who played this game knows that. I'm still young, certainly younger than the average age of this playerbase. But I completely understand it. With someone asking for an invite to other alliances and then leaving to join Gods is certainly untenable, and especially spies planted in our alliance from Bloods even more so. Stirlo, you did a great job, know that I and all other members of our alliance will be sad to see you go.
Anyway, I joined for a bit of fun, but then I got caught up in the game and then I have to take this seriously. It's just the thing with this game. Even though I'm a die-hard game addict, who has played a large array of games, for some reason this game is one of my favourite strategy games. It's mostly because of the friends you make, the people who you feel you have to help. Quitting smoking is never easy, and likewise are games. When I gave up all games to improve my grades, it was one of the hardest things I had to do. That makes it a vicious cycle. Play, quit, play, quit.
Anyway, good luck to all on this world. Always here.
-Ice
P.S. Not pointing any fingers in this reply, just my thoughts so far in this world.
P.P.S. Zeus isn't as bad as you think. Get to know them before judging them, and don't just hate him because everyone else does.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser53903

So

Just thought I’d give my thoughts on this world. I started HARPOON here really with just one simple burning question, can you start and maintain an alliance if its not a premade. For me, the answer is absolutely not.

We made a great start and being number 4 position took a lot of hard work and I’m quite happy with that. What you have as an alliance though is a group of noobs, former leaders and players who frankly weren’t good enough to be invited as a premade.

What you quickly realise is that when you set a few loose rules ( I’m not big on rules ) like stay in O45 and don’t grow into other oceans a lot of players will see that as not applying to them.

So for me what I’ve seen this past two to three weeks has put me off this game for life. It simply isn’t the game I started playing back in 2011. It actually feels quite good at this moment. Its answered a lot of questions.

To start, as I’ve said, players not to go into other oceans. I see some players do it and mail them to say "look, keep to our oceans". The next few days are spent hearing that said player is asking for an invites into other alliances. Sulking in effect.

One of the people you appointed leader and who knows your thoughts on it takes a ghost outside that ocean, as an example I kick them but also tell the main O55 alliance I’m ok with you recruiting them. I don’t want to see their game to end.

This then snowballs into the person who is running our OP deciding to defend against his own alliance attacks ( the 20% BP is great to know this ), Elder Scroll if you’d like to know. Said player also decides not to respond in the forum nor PM to explain, but does decide to hand his cities off to Bloods.

Theres almighty cliques from past worlds. You can’t get past this fact, even though players haven’t been deemed good enough for an invites into a new world they still will more than happily play the spy and have a weird loyalty. You can’t build an alliance off this.

Players are more than willing to defend against their own alliance for again the above reason, its happened again and again, I don’t get it and theres no point even trying when your playing the enemy and multiple players of your own team.

Diplomacy is completely worthless, its do as I say not as I do. Then when you call them out on it they get a cob on. In the old days the diplomacy wasn’t as immature as it is now. You were talking to older wiser heads. Now you’re basically just talking to kids.

Botting, I’m amazed at how widespread this is. Apparently everyone is doing it and one of my leaders was explaining how I couldn’t get caught, how to set it up and that he also has “friends” in the moderation team who can overlook it and get bans lifted. You are on a hiding to nothing in that respect as an average player. This attitude is whats put me off the most, it really is easier to cheat.

I could go on and on, but theres some good people still playing this game. Most of the HARPOON alliance are good people and I wish them well. I would personally advise them to find a game that’s probably a bit younger than this one that people haven’t established all the cliques and cheating.

Whatever happens, enjoy the world. ( or leave it! Lifes to short to accept the cheating! )

Spit the truth

DeletedUser55758

P.P.S. Zeus isn't as bad as you think. Get to know them before judging them, and don't just hate him because everyone else does
Aww <3

I actually love triggering people against me, seeing them trying to fight me in words without good arguments is quite fun. Seeing them awkwardly lying trying to mock me is even funnier, too bad people that don't know the real stories can't have some fun over it like I do.

Basically, I'm standing besides anyone that really tries and wants good things to happen for the group or pack he belongs to. (Not A Childish Dictator *cough* Ruthie *cough*)

But oh hey I'm a solo wolfie now, good people seem to be rare.

DeletedUser31852

To the subject of premades (in this world to stay on topic), I think that you guys at harpoon just tried too hard to stay in the core.

From my experience it makes sense just to migrate slowly towards the second tier of oceans while getting a beating from the premades in the core.
It turns out some people from these premades just won't last more than a few months, and then the premades won't have enough players and will merge with other premades, and suddenly you have most of the initial premades that have merged together in the core oceans, and these guys that stuck it out with non premades in the outer ocean are a bunch of a friends that have "grown up" together in this world, and can then actually pick a fight with these core guys.

The most important thing in grepolis is perseverance. Heck, you are about to get rimmed, always have a ready back up plan to keep the bp, lick your wounds, learn from them, and keep growing (maybe on better pastures). The premades hitting you will weed out the players that aren't good enough, and you will end up with a decent alliance.

DeletedUser55793

Thanks for the word of advice. I obviously still have a lot to learn on this game.

DeletedUser21560

So

Stirlo dont quit because of this. IT is definately possible to create an alliance which was not premade. Solving diplomacy issue is easy, dont do IT. And about players doing what they want, those are called internals.

Stay and Play and next server we both are on, gimme a shout

DeletedUser47335

if you rule with a iron fist I think that you can make a strong alliance! People that don t listen and think that they are good enough to decide for them are called internals like he said! When you rule with a iron fist and make diplomacy corectly you have a strong alliance. If they don t follow their liders they should play farmville. You need to trust the liders and when that lider it s to soft and let people do what they want my opinion it s that you will lose. If 20 people out of 50 don t follow the rules you need that those 30 that are left and that follow the rules to make their slots full with those 20:)). It s easy!
If you want to make diplomacy with childern you should tell what they want to hear and destroy them after but you still ned 20-30 players that are good enough so it s like a gamble if you find those or not but if you find and rule like I said and do the things that you need to do even if some people will not obey the orders more people will come and in this way you made a strong alliance. You start slowly, you go to the Rim if it s necesary but after that you will have a strong alliance with a chance to win