Top 12 Sink or Swim?

Ruthie2

Phrourach
Lol, made an account just for this XD
With someone asking for an invite to other alliances and then leaving to join Gods is certainly untenable, and especially spies planted in our alliance from Bloods even more so.

Total rubbish like all the other rumours we see floating around, bloods have never used nor never will use spies, stirlo knows me and knows I would never do that

Wish you werent going Stirlo , we have been friends a long time and we have both seen the changes, I hear your frustrations, but if all the great old school players go it will be such a shame, we have already lost so many because of the cheating we see.

DeletedUser25609

@Stirlo
You're so right about blatant cheating in grepo, couldn't agree more that it sucks. But that's where all my agreeing ends. You're a sore loser, and taking to externals to cry about your hardships doesn't mean anything. I don't know you, but i've been around a long time too, and frankly the game hasn't changed in the ways you say it has... People being spies? in every world i've been in i've seen this. Your alliance not doing as they're told? you should expect people to not rigidly stick to your rules... it's a GAME. I've been told to not take cities in certain oceans, but if i see a ghost pop up and i have a CS you better believe i'm going to take it. Why? because it's a GAME, that you have to try to WIN, and frankly i think anyone who kicks someone for that needs to stop taking everything so seriously.

You've had a hard time being a leader have you? duhh, i thought you had experience in how grepo works... You either play with premades (your friends) and have a structured time in the centre of the world, or you wait a while, and start up an alliance on the rim, with people who you don't know. Of course a premade is always going to win in the centre. There's nothing wrong with a premade either. IN EVERY competitive game there are pre-made teams. Do you expect the number #1 #2 or even #50 team in Overwatch or League of legends or Call of Duty to just be random people who stumbled into eachothers arms with zero planning? no. You start off like that, and then when you want to WIN, you plan out a proper team. Same applies in grepo, you spend one or two worlds as a random person, and then in the next if you want to win you join a proper pre-made team.

I see you clearly have a pretty bad team, but what do you really expect? i've had a random team i brought together and led for 3 months decide to internalise me when i told them i was going out and couldn't be on my phone for a while. Annoying stuff happens dude... get over it.

And for the cheating... it's always been a thing in grepolis, even before you could buy a bot to run your city for you. Do you really think that passionate enough people in the first couple worlds didn't have the idea to run a homemade script on their browser? It's basically impossible to stop someone cheating in a browser game, so stop calling "Cheat" just now that you're having a bad time. Even in top, multi-million pound games there is cheating even way up to the high end (Overwatch is an example as i love that game, but people with aim-bot still are out there at the top).

So get over yourself, but you were right on what you said at the end of your rant, when the fun stops, stop. Because you're clearly not happy losing like you are

Adz outtt

Stirlo

Phrourach
@Stirlo
You're so right about blatant cheating in grepo, couldn't agree more that it sucks. But that's where all my agreeing ends. You're a sore loser, and taking to externals to cry about your hardships doesn't mean anything. I don't know you, but i've been around a long time too, and frankly the game hasn't changed in the ways you say it has... People being spies? in every world i've been in i've seen this. Your alliance not doing as they're told? you should expect people to not rigidly stick to your rules... it's a GAME. I've been told to not take cities in certain oceans, but if i see a ghost pop up and i have a CS you better believe i'm going to take it. Why? because it's a GAME, that you have to try to WIN, and frankly i think anyone who kicks someone for that needs to stop taking everything so seriously.

You've had a hard time being a leader have you? duhh, i thought you had experience in how grepo works... You either play with premades (your friends) and have a structured time in the centre of the world, or you wait a while, and start up an alliance on the rim, with people who you don't know. Of course a premade is always going to win in the centre. There's nothing wrong with a premade either. IN EVERY competitive game there are pre-made teams. Do you expect the number #1 #2 or even #50 team in Overwatch or League of legends or Call of Duty to just be random people who stumbled into eachothers arms with zero planning? no. You start off like that, and then when you want to WIN, you plan out a proper team. Same applies in grepo, you spend one or two worlds as a random person, and then in the next if you want to win you join a proper pre-made team.

I see you clearly have a pretty bad team, but what do you really expect? i've had a random team i brought together and led for 3 months decide to internalise me when i told them i was going out and couldn't be on my phone for a while. Annoying stuff happens dude... get over it.

And for the cheating... it's always been a thing in grepolis, even before you could buy a bot to run your city for you. Do you really think that passionate enough people in the first couple worlds didn't have the idea to run a homemade script on their browser? It's basically impossible to stop someone cheating in a browser game, so stop calling "Cheat" just now that you're having a bad time. Even in top, multi-million pound games there is cheating even way up to the high end (Overwatch is an example as i love that game, but people with aim-bot still are out there at the top).

So get over yourself, but you were right on what you said at the end of your rant, when the fun stops, stop. Because you're clearly not happy losing like you are

Adz outtt

I see backdoorbetty/lethal bacon/theredjohn/ev1lking fan club has arrived or should I say botty club

Cheers for the long post but I think I could argue you out on every point. Without even looking I’d say you are a Gods player. It’s a way of life for you boys and no I don’t think people using bots should be accceted.

What bad time did I have other than playing with cheats? My alliance were under no pressure at all. I think we had 1 revolt when I left!

DeletedUser53903

Total rubbish like all the other rumours we see floating around, bloods have never used nor never will use spies, stirlo knows me and knows I would never do that

Wish you werent going Stirlo , we have been friends a long time and we have both seen the changes, I hear your frustrations, but if all the great old school players go it will be such a shame, we have already lost so many because of the cheating we see.

that is literally the fattest lie I have ever heard..

You have players in harpoon that support your cities and even had a player in the council who then left and handed of his cities to bloods.

smiley_emoticons_irre4.gif

DeletedUser25609

I see backdoorbetty/lethal bacon/theredjohn/ev1lking fan club has arrived or should I say botty club

Cheers for the long post but I think I could argue you out on every point. Without even looking I’d say you are a Gods player. It’s a way of life for you boys and no I don’t think people using bots should be accceted.

What bad time did I have other than playing with cheats? My alliance were under no pressure at all. I think we had 1 revolt when I left!

Dude my main point is that the game hasnt changed. And pre-mades are at the top of EVERY COMPETITIVE CO-OP GAME. If you can name one game where there is no premade teams then I'll be surprised. You're literally just moaning because people dont do as you say. And being such a whiny little female dog in these forums probably only gives us all a small glimpse into what you were like to the people in your alliance.

Get out the game if you hate it so much. And go play singleplayer games if you dont like teams. I'd reccomend the witcher 3, should take you a long while to get through so hopefully you wont be back for a long time. Also is a brill game btw.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser55765

Dude my main point is that the game hasnt changed. And pre-mades are at the top of EVERY COMPETITIVE CO-OP GAME. If you can name one game where there is no premade teams then I'll be surprised. You're literally just moaning because people dont do as you say. And being such a whiny little female dog in these forums probably only gives us all a small glimpse into what you were like to the people in your alliance.

Get out the game if you hate it so much. And go play singleplayer games if you dont like teams. I'd reccomend the witcher 3, should take you a long while to get through so hopefully you wont be back for a long *** time. Also is a brill game btw.

you’re wrong. Although it’s true premades are always top in co-op games, non-premades can still succeed.

Not in Grepolis. That’s because there is no legitimate way in Grepolis to vet team mates you don’t know.

Allies can support enemies and you would never know. Things that would be considered “sketchy” or “unethical” in other team games would be fair game in Grepolis.

That’s both a strength and a weakness.

DeletedUser42407

I mean sure Gods were technically a premade, but you know what they weren't like the other premades (Thermo and Victrix) who only invite people with crowns (not that there's anything wrong with that), they didn't know me at all and I wasn't even in their ocean but you know what they gave me a chance to prove myself which I appreciate very much and I think that's why we are doing well as of now, they aren't afraid to take chances on people and meet new people to work with.

DeletedUser55765

I mean sure Gods were technically a premade, but you know what they weren't like the other premades (Thermo and Victrix) who only invite people with crowns (not that there's anything wrong with that), they didn't know me at all and I wasn't even in their ocean but you know what they gave me a chance to prove myself which I appreciate very much and I think that's why we are doing well as of now, they aren't afraid to take chances on people and meet new people to work with.

Must of gotten lucky.
Premades are difficult to get into without knowing someone or having a track record.

Or defending yourself wel after getting pummeled.

DeletedUser45141

Individual players botting in grepo? nah it doesn't exist, entire alliances on the other hand...
smiley_emoticons_saufen.gif
It's not like INNO will let an entire alliance use bots if multiple people from multiple alliances complain about them.

sarcarsm....learn it

DeletedUser25609

Although it’s true premades are always top in co-op games, non-premades can still succeed.

Yeah man I loved watching the finals of the overwatch championships when all the pre-made professional teams were beaten by that team who had just met before the match started.

If you wanna win, build a good team foundation from people you know and woah it's almost as if some planning went into this strategy game?! Is that even allowed?!

DeletedUser42407

Must of gotten lucky.
Premades are difficult to get into without knowing someone or having a track record.

Or defending yourself wel after getting pummeled.

Well its just nice to see some premades are open to new people and not just their closed off circle of friends. Shout out to Gods leaders Noob, Darrk and Fridel they have done an amazing job at bringing the premade guys and the new guys together into an efficient killing machine ;)

DeletedUser55765

Yeah man I loved watching the finals of the overwatch championships when all the pre-made professional teams were beaten by that team who had just met before the match started.

If you wanna win, build a good team foundation from people you know and woah it's almost as if some planning went into this strategy game?! Is that even allowed?!

Did the team mates all know each other before they joined the same team?

Probably not. People are really bad at apples to apples comparisons lol

DeletedUser14279

Did the team mates all know each other before they joined the same team?

Probably not. People are really bad at apples to apples comparisons lol

I'll pitch in here. No, the teammates didn't have to know each other before becoming a team. But before the tournament, were they not already a team?

DeletedUser55765

I'll pitch in here. No, the teammates didn't have to know each other before becoming a team. But before the tournament, were they not already a team?

Except each world in Grepolis is not a tournament that you have to qualify for :).

If an over watch team purposely tanked their MMR to face non-premades, it would be scandalous.

But that is something the game play of Grepolis actively encourages. Not complaining about it... just stating a fact.

DeletedUser55765

Let's use this theoretical example to highlight the real challenges premades pose.

Alliance A = premade.
Alliance B = non-premade

Alliance B may not be a premade, but it has a strong core player group. They have key leaders who know how to play well.

One day... Alliance B finds that a core city to their alliance is being attacked by Alliance A.
They organize a defense. They send out mass messaging due to the importance of this one city. They know they must hold it.
They set up of a topic with key times and the type of defenses that are needed. If defense is slow, they activly seek out support via in game messaging.

On the other side, Alliance A has organized strikes from multiple players to try to take the city. They know the city is critical to their long term plans as well.
Both sides clash. After 24 hours Alliance B manages to save the city.

The city; however, is in on the front lines. Which means Alliance A will attack again. Both alliances know this.
Wasting additional resources to try to retake the city is not advantages. So Alliance A emails the player with an invitation to join. He has proven himself.

Since Alliance A is a premade... their presence in the Ocean is much stronger. Player is incentives to join Premade as a result.

Alliance A ends up with the city anyways... despite failing to take it. They "win" despite loosing.

That is why people dislike premades because they have more leverage to win even when they don't.

DeletedUser54067

First of all, Thermo didn't invite people who only had crowns. Half of us played in Mesembria were we won. Fun fact Mesembria is a world were a non-premade merged with an alliance that was less than 50% made up of members from a Premade and won the world. So less than 25% of the membership in that world started of in a Premade. So of course us winning the world will lead to lots of crowns, it's not like the only thing our members have in common is a crown, many of us have a shared history, like the nearly 2 years we spent on Mesembria.