Sink&Swim

gkassimis

Hipparchus
not even in my wildest dreams i thought i ll have to defend Charlie but when i see something wrong, i cant keep silent. You can ofc claim that i am doing it because we were in same alliance but i like to think i am as objective as i was when i defended meme from the accusations of boting that some very close to me players made without evidence.
1)intention of doing something and actually doing it isnt the same
2)there was never mentioned compensation in money which would have been the problem. it was implied ofc but implications are not enough to condemn someone. accuracy of words is important. he might claim that he was planning to give them the amount of resources worth in gold they spent for example
3)if this was posted in skype or discord no one would have bothered with it. there are much worst things been posted there like players admit boting. Inno must deal with the real problems of the game that have reduced player base to so low levels instead of trying to find escape goats and crucifying players for bs.

Last edited:

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
Firstly according to the game rules exchanging services for gold isnt allowed, however getting perma attackable ban just of that is so wrong considering multi acc/bot gives you 3 days??

Secondly, lets not act like things and services like that have not been done in previous worlds by bunch of people and not only by him and i cant seem to remember that anyone ever got banned for it because both mods and enemies didnt even care that someone was doing it, the only reason he got banned is that he sent a in game mass mail detailing/saying that and everyone else in the past probably did it just via personal msg/discord when it comes to instantly buying units to break a siege or clear someone.

So if you want to do things like that and not get banned try to use discord to organize it within your own team and not world wide and maybe dont be charlie cuz clearly mods will pounce on any chance they can to ban him for anything they can for highest available time most likely not even advised/suggested by Inno HQ for that particular rule break.

Clas17

Hipparchus
not even in my wildest dreams i thought i ll have to defend Charlie but when i see something wrong, i cant keep silent. You can ofc claim that i am doing it because we were in same alliance but i like to think i am as objective as i was when i defended meme from the accusations of boting that some very close to me players made without evidence.
1)intention of doing something and actually doing it isnt the same
2)there was never mentioned compensation in money which would have been the problem. it was implied ofc but implications are not enough to condemn someone. accuracy of words is important. he might claim that he was planning to give them the amount of resources worth in gold they spent for example
3)if this was posted in skype or discord no one would have bothered with it. there are much worst things been posted there like players admit boting. Inno must deal with the real problems of the game that have reduced player base to so low levels instead of trying to find escape goats and crucifying players for bs.
First two sentences are exactly what I would say here as well. I try to be as objective as I can and I always think twice before writing something that might be biased from my experience.

First things first, the following part of my post is based only on Charlie's actions in this world and EN143. I wont make a case for Charlie as a fair player or whatever other rumours about him. The reasoning why that is not important here is because it shouldn't/didn't affect the perma ban decision in EN146, as per my understanding on rules of creating a new grepolis account.

rule 5.png
Rule §5 Grepo wiki is not clear at all and pretty shallow. Like okay I can understand that I cant ask attacks and buy gold for a player. What if I tell a player that "if he helps me with attacks I will tell him the time when I buy resources from the market". Is that a breach? I cant figure that out from the rule.

Anyways, the first thing I said as well when I saw the ban was that Charlie's message wasn't clear. He said he will cover the cost or whatever but one can argue that covering the costs can be in game actions, resources or whatnot.
That makes the whole attackable perma ban pretty questionable. And it being a perma means that support wont even take in consideration an appeal.

I played with him 143 and when he says that rules apply different to him he is right to some point. He will get spammed, gold blocked without reason
He was golding catas and troops to crack a turtle and the players just started gold blocking him for doing that. Support said that "it is something that never happened before and we will allow it".
and he cant do the same or he will get banned right there and then. A lot of actions for which other players dont even get a warning, will get him an attackable ban for at least a day.

TLDR: Ban should not be biased. Rule §5 not clear and breach of rule questionable, nevertheless perma and attackable??

I might get some hat for this but I dont really care. Obnoxious players are in every alliance and I had to write all this for that simple reason.

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
He was golding catas and troops to crack a turtle and the players just started gold blocking him for doing that. Support said that "it is something that never happened before and we will allow it".
completely and utterly false, whichever mod said that is a liar plain and simple, bunch of teams in the past did gold blocking on top enemy golders including memes and my premade going back at least 2-4+ years, people just didnt report gold blocking because it is a legit strategy to deal with person that has "unlimited gold" to keep buying units and people didnt start getting banned for sending a lot of attacks until EN124..

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Offering services in the game in exchange for gold or offering gold in exchange for cities is certainly against the rules as is outlined in the rules. However it is as players have pointed out not something we instantly ban for with an extreme ban. While I can't discuss details of another player's account, the longer more serious bans are typically reserved for more extreme rule breaches or for repeatedly breaking the same rule. For instance if someone sends another player a message using extremely racist language or makes explicit real life threats of violence it would likely result in a permanent ban.

Clas17

Hipparchus
completely and utterly false, whichever mod said that is a liar plain and simple, bunch of teams in the past did gold blocking on top enemy golders including memes and my premade going back at least 2-4+ years, people just didnt report gold blocking because it is a legit strategy to deal with person that has "unlimited gold" to keep buying units and people didnt start getting banned for sending a lot of attacks until EN124..
it was gold blocking of a city attacking an enemy city, he was not attacking a siege

Clas17

Hipparchus
Offering services in the game in exchange for gold or offering gold in exchange for cities is certainly against the rules as is outlined in the rules. However it is as players have pointed out not something we instantly ban for with an extreme ban. While I can't discuss details of another player's account, the longer more serious bans are typically reserved for more extreme rule breaches or for repeatedly breaking the same rule. For instance if someone sends another player a message using extremely racist language or makes explicit real life threats of violence it would likely result in a permanent ban.
I understand that and here I wanted to know if it is a breach of that rule if I offer to tell somebody when I buy resources (edit: from the market) in exchange for in game service like attacks

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
If you ask someone to send you resources, give you a city, attack/defend someone, in exchange for getting them gold it would likely be something that would against the rules. It is the offering/asking for something in exchange for gold that is breaking the rules.

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
That is part of the problem, offering services should not be a breach of rules, actually delivering on what you said should be punishable, not to mention that said punishments should have been transparent from loooong ago, and not kept hidden by support staff to use as they see fit per player case.

Clas17

Hipparchus
I think offering should be a breach as well. Anyways I cant get a simple answer for a simple scenario. I get it, if I offer to buy gold for someone for in game services is a perma ban.
Is offering to tell somebody the time when you will buy resources in the game market the same as offering someone gold?

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
We can certainly have Innogames review that particular part of the rules given the change in how the gold market now functions but even were someone to explicitly offer gold for a service in the game they would likely just receive a warning. If a player received a permanent ban it would have been for something else entirely though I can't discuss details of another player's account.

Clas17

Hipparchus
That was my main point as well, if it is or it isnt a breach of rules doesnt matter if it is not explicitly explained in the rule itself. Thank you for the quick replies.

oiecanadienne

Chiliarch
He does bannable to borderline bannable **** all the time and then cries when he gets banned. He knows he's in trouble here so he'll dip now and use it as an excuse

Yawn, same **** different server

VIRTUALSELF

Phrourach
I dont give a rats *** about this discussion, but the fact that botting and multi gives 12-24h unattackable ban is something that still amazes me
I guess it must be because there's a correlation between doing that and paying Inno's greedy employees wages

BabaNewtron

Hoplite
I dont give a rats *** about this discussion, but the fact that botting and multi gives 12-24h unattackable ban is something that still amazes me
I guess it must be because there's a correlation between doing that and paying Inno's greedy employees wages
There was a time when multi was giving 5 days unattackable xddd

gkassimis

Hipparchus
we are losing our focus by discussing if offering gold should be banned and what kind of ban. this is another matter. the important is that he never mentions that he ll compensate with gold. only that he ll compensate somehow.

Shock

Chiliarch
we are losing our focus by discussing if offering gold should be banned and what kind of ban. this is another matter. the important is that he never mentions that he ll compensate with gold. only that he ll compensate somehow.
right

everyone keep track of your gold so i can refund you resources instead <3

:whatchamp:

oiecanadienne

Chiliarch

If there was a correlation between ban sentencing and how much gold you use Charlie would never be banned wtf is this take lmao