January 18, 2015​

On this issue:
News
Interviews
Ocean Review
Fun Section

News

The Gloves Are Off
Beginner's Protection is off more many and alliances are racking up battle points one of them being THE GANG. An alliance that most if not everyone expected to fall before BP ended. However this doesn't mean much other than they have been busy attacking and getting attack too but many things can happen in the next few days or weeks.

A Delicious Merger
The alliance Abc123 is no more but not because they sunk as some predicted but they decided to merge with the Fruit Loop Troop, an alliance that was here "just for kicks." When I asked them about it this is what they told me "Well, we started and known we wanted to see what was going to happen. And when we got in touch with fruit we saw an opportunity to make both alliances more powerful, so why not?"

Conquests
Nothing special yet, but there seems to be a pattern developing among allies. Several players have been internally conquered, however, that is not the surprising thing since that always happens at the start of every world due to many reasons. The surprising thing is that many of those conquered players continue playing. I guess they don't have enough courage to attack and conquer a non-ally city.

Interviews
THE GANG
I will talk about my ally, a week after the BP will end. Now I can't do this, because I will destroy the surprise that every will have. For now we are just an MRA! And sincerely, we like this status.

The Usual Suspects
Did all the members that signed up for the premade joined?
Even before you launch people go inactive and it's often worse with experienced players.

Have you ever led an alliance to the end game in your previous experiences as leader?
Nope, never won a crown either but most of the other leaders have, my specialty is early game.

What do you think of the many changes Grepolis has gone throughout the years? Do you prefer it went back to the old simple way or stay as it is now?
I like changes on the whole; keeps thing fresh.

This world has been anticipated by many players, do you think this will make it a more challenging and exciting world?
Yes, I expect this world to be lots of fun.

Your core is in Ocean 45, but what about those players in Ocean 55? Will they be relocating closer to the core?
Sorry I don't talk tactics.

Any thoughts or opinions about your neighbor The Hammer?
The Hammer seems a nice group of players wish them well.

Fruit Loop Troop
You said "I will not be playing seriously so it'll be more of a just for kicks sort of thing," but there has already been a merger with former alliance abc123 so have you changed your mind or what?
I was intending to just play for fun but since so many people joined me I figured I might as well try to make the alliance something a tad more serious. That's another reason we merged, to secure our ocean and join up with another group of experienced players.

What was the first world you played?
I started way back on Alpha.

What was the first alliance you led? How successful was it?
I've never led an alliance as a founder but I've been in my fair share of top alliances so I'm sure I've picked up on a few things.

This world has been anticipated by many players, do you think this will make it a more challenging and exciting world?
I think that the long wait is has resulted in a few things. Players who wouldn't normally play revolt have joined the world simply because they wanted a new world to start off in and new players joining as it is the first world in many months. So we've got a mix of experienced revolt players, experienced conquest players who just wanted a fresh world, and brand new players. This should make for some interesting playing for the next couple of months at least.

TZ-HC Brothers
How long have you been playing Grepolis for?
Almost from the beginning.

In which world did you get that shinny crown?
That will be Paros.

Have you ever led an alliance before or is this your first time?
I was in leadership couple of times.

What does TZ-HC stand for?
It's soccer cheerleading team.

Did you start the alliance from scratch or did you joined with other players?
Like all other alliances this one also has it's core of players who knows each other.

Not more or less than any other newly open world.

Any final thoughts?
Good luck to as all and what is most important have fun.

Ocean Review

Ocean 44
Here we have IMMORTAL EMPIRE sandwiched between Fruit Loop Troop and Inferno. Do not expect them to last long.
O44.png
Ocean 45
Spartans sharing islands with The Hammer. There is only enough room for one, who will prevail?
O45.png
Ocean 54
Three alliances with relatively close proximity to each other, let's hope they make something out of this.
O54.png
Ocean 55
The only thing I see happening here is something between THE GANG and TZ-HC, let's hope it's not a pact.
O55.png
Ocean 56
I don't expect much from this rim alliances at the moment but may they should try and prove me wrong.
O56.png
Ocean 65
Same as in Ocean 56, but DALEK is the more packed one and that might be a good thing or not, but for now I see it as a good thing.
O65.png

Fun Section

Interview Fun
I decided to include those interviews that were not worthy of been in the Interviews section but were funny enough to give us a few minutes of laughter.​
Do you have a minute to chat?
yes mate..always for you :)
I am ready mate :)

Alrighty then.
First let's talk about you, how long have you been playing for and how many worlds have you won?
How many alliances have led so far?
hahha..
I play this to long time...
from beggining...but that is on never mind-lead abouth 5-6 worlds ...
and have here my team from all this worlds,abouth half membs here...
we win one world,but me play abouth 3-4 ww stages...
---------
why you question me abouth that..??
sorry for bad english...

Just basic info to judge whether or not your are a noob lol
In many occasions it is the experienced players that quit first since they have already won they do not feel the need to stick around when things go south, do you think this will happen to your alliance if things go bad?
Any thoughts or opinions about your ocean neighbor The Usual Suspects?
mate I dont to talk abouth anybody first...I dont look at your GREPO INTEL..and can tell to you you are NOOB or something like that....I like to talk with everyone and want big happy to all us here in RL..all you is said to me...thanks....
I am glad you talk with me...If this make you happy./..//:)
and this can say to us all here who is who :)
ZvzZdX2.jpg

5erZbKK.jpg

lol I was joking about the noob thing
ok then sorry mate..I play with CZSAR666 and with ERIC W...both is respect me always,I am glad when somebody tell to me I am NOOB...some of my membs is work with me alwys...but if we need to be NOOB than OK...I dont say anything bad abouth somebody....

mate we are come here and who respect us ,we will respect him,or other....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deY4D1pzNFg

At this point I decided to stop the interview because I thought no matter what I ask he is going to continue on the noob subject.
Do you have time for a chat?
Yes.
In case you don't know I will be writing a newspaper for this world and would like to ask you a few questions.
Some already asked and i answered. Nothing to add there. Lol
He is my competitor, I won't be asking silly questions.
Stop waisting my time. Lol i m not born yesterday
But you said you had time to chat, had you not wanted me to waste your time you would have answered 'no' to my first question.

Thank you for reading this week's issue. I will try to do them weekly, but do not quote me on. Let me know if you have any suggestions for the next issue or would like me to change something.

Zarun-

Strategos
Haha that interview is hilarious. He did get you good with the grepointel screenshots. :)

Edit: Would +rep you but reps are for life on Grepo Forums so I can't do it again.

DeletedUser

That was a good read. Another fan of the maps as well, I'd not had the time to really plot out where everyone is so appreciated those and your notes a lot.

DeletedUser46838

I love your papers. I've always loved your style so I decided to imitate that style; that's how good your newspapers are! :D

DeletedUser

Nice work so on the next one is there going to be some news about the top one abp attacker thats not part of the err what d call them the "big" alliances?:cool:
Also id like to state that our alliance isnt even in the top 12 but in the top 10 attackers.:cool:

DeletedUser

Only one quibble. In the interview with Baudin you forgot to ask him what was his fave colour fruit loop ;)

DeletedUser27128

Any true fruit loop fan will not discriminate them by their colour.