Sister Alliances

Pro-Grep

Strategos
Well personally I hate having sister, brother, mother and father alliances lol. Sister alliances can be used when alliance cap is too low, for example in upcoming world Lindus, where cap is 40. But when alliance has 300 members cap, it's really strange to have sister alliances. Only reason of having sister alliance which isn't really strange is having it as academy, to train new comers and afterwards move them into the main group, but I can't stand even academies.

DeletedUser

Well personally I hate having sister, brother, mother and father alliances lol. Sister alliances can be used when alliance cap is too low, for example in upcoming world Lindus, where cap is 40. But when alliance has 300 members cap, it's really strange to have sister alliances. Only reason of having sister alliance which isn't really strange is having it as academy, to train new comers and afterwards move them into the main group, but I can't stand even academies.

What many "new" players fail to realize is that more often than not a sister alliance shows a MRA. Most times they do not work and fail due to a power struggle within or just too many inactives. In this world where you have 300 in an alliance who really needs a "sister" alliance? The good alliances do not need the added pressure that comes with this as it is a buzz kill and too many times you are defending them because there are not as good and it leaves your alliance's forces spread thin. The real players know this and also know to keep their recruits in the same ocean until strong enough to venture forward

DeletedUser

Lol know any alliances who need a Grepo vet who has started back playing?

Pro-Grep

Strategos
To be honest I'm focused only on my alliance and dunno about others. If you want for experienced players doors of "Calaveras" are open, but there are also some really good and powerful alliances, for example Night Fall. Just a matter of taste lol.

DeletedUser

To be honest I'm focused only on my alliance and dunno about others. If you want for experienced players doors of "Calaveras" are open, but there are also some really good and powerful alliances, for example Night Fall. Just a matter of taste lol.

Rank doesnt matter as long as they are active and have knowledge of the game as anyone can create a alliance and have a high rank but to me abp are very important. I do not want a alliance who just sits there and "might" hugs. I The name of the game is to battle and thats what I am looking for.

DeletedUser

looking through the grepo stats of the top 50 alliances, it looks like there are about 20 alliances who are actually worth their salt. some it's due to their sheer size with only a small number actually attacking, for others it's due to their smaller numbers that their members have to go out and put the hurt on others to show that they are indeed aggressive and expanding to keep their autonomy. nothing wrong with the MRAs of this game, i'm just not a subscriber to their services. i'll stick with my 40-60 player alliances and spread the pain around equally.

for example and in no particular order:

Redwood Originals (95 members)
Thermal Resistance (29 members)
Ravenclaw (78 members)
Dark of Day (17 members)
Apathetic (29 members)
Calaveras (31members)
The 13th Legion (74 members)
Bombs Away (11 members)

each of the above are below the MRA threshold, and each are very, very aggressive alliances at this stage of this world. It will be great to see what happens in the next 3 months to these alliances. Who survives, who gets eaten and who merges. Who knows? Maybe a few of these smaller, elite powerhouses will knock a few of the larger MRAs down a few places in the ranks. Gotta love the unpredictability of this game and alliance pacts which seem to change according to which way the wind is blowing. Gotta go, my liver is telling me it's time for alcohol.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser23516

Where's BOMBS in that list of small elite alliances?

DeletedUser

my apologies, it wasn't meant to be disparaging to any other alliances, and it's certainly not all inclusive. Bombs Away are also another smaller alliance with some great stats that i'm sure would welcome a decent veteran player. :cool:

(also edited list to include Bombs as they are certainly worth mentioning)

DeletedUser11886

I just realized something, what would happen if the top lets say, 200 players in both points, BP, and experience grouped up together and just made a massive MRA? :\ That would just dominate the whole server.

DeletedUser

Put a sock in it.

Oh wait, Nightfall already did that.

Enough of you BSPHD Grepolis Geniusii telling us what we are doing wrong.

Come and show us the error of our ways by bringing the mighty hammer of your forces and intellects to bear upon our members.

Please stop talking the talk and start walking the walk.

DeletedUser11886

I wasn't insult you guys? How was that an insult!? I only meant that you had many the top 200/100 or so players in your alliance?

When have I ever even insulted nightfall?