Sister Alliances

• Thread starter Shahanshah Alexander
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Elirhm - I specifically started talking about your alliance as it was your alliance who tried to get me to merge with them and it was your alliance that drew my attention towards the mass number of members you had. It was not designed to be an insult directly to your alliance. I thought it was an interesting topic, i was curious to hear other peoples thoughts, i used your alliance name to start the thread as i say it was your alliance that brought my attention to it. You may have noticed the thread name has been changed and we are talking about MRA's in general so why don't you stop taking everything so personally and chill out a little bit.

First off who says I am taking this personally? I am simply trying to make the point that the only reason so many people are irritated is because you directed it at us solely. Even if we did draw your attention there were far more alliances out there. You even mentioned our pacts which would and should have made you think "oh wow there is a lot of them". Meaning you had more than enough resources to make it about everyone. I also could really care less at this point its a video game. As such even if you bleep it out there is no called for such language in a civil discussion.

I mean seriously if you think that I lay awake at night simply because you said a few things about an alliance I founded. Then you really take this game far to seriously. I've dealt with far worse "insults" if you can even call them that. In fact half the time I drop a post and go on my merry way. You seem to be the one getting legitimately angry.

Now back to the topic at hand. I don't really like MRAs myself which is why I said in an earlier post that I would never carry an alliance over where I wasn't the person founding it. The issue is that I don't feel like I'm THE BOSS anymore. Murph4444 brought the alliance from Kos to Lindos. While I would like to make an alliance with Murph again I feel like everyone views him as the head of the alliance and kinda just ignore my posts until its something like "I'm going to start kicking people".

MRAs never work because you end up with way to many people who just stop playing after awhile. Not to mention you get a lot of people who have no experience. Which tends to cause a lot of issues especially when said people can't even fend for themselves. I also don't see the point of promoting people and keeping people based on points either. Even a total inexperienced player can get up to 2000pts in a game and have no military force at all. At the end of the day if someone with 1600pts has a huge army and is actively participating in the alliance I don't really see the issue.

When I say promoting someone based on points I mean giving them leadership because the person reached 2000pts before everyone else. That is just stupid leadership roles should be earned through loyalty and experience. If you just promote people randomly because they have higher points you may end up with people who can't hold the position.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22708

Who's leading The Myrmidons? Is your goal to pact with everyone so you can all have cups of tea and biscuits around a nice campfire while you do city festivals? Just wondering...

DeletedUser

Who's leading The Myrmidons? Is your goal to pact with everyone so you can all have cups of tea and biscuits around a nice campfire while you do city festivals? Just wondering...

A lot of our pacts that we have and still have were with small alliances that we pacted when we first formed. We no longer hold a pact with Pakkapunch. Also the leader of The Myrmidons is lady-jane I think. The world is also still young no one knows if our pacts will last forever which they probably wont.

I also will not be extending pacts to anyone else. What we have is what we are sticking with. Also what I do with my tea and crumpets is none of your concern good sir! :p

DeletedUser

Sister alliances can work in theory, much like communism. However, human nature and execution often results in a downfall. If two sister alliances spread out to separate continents, the recruitment prospects could theoretically be the same as any other alliances and, as much as we like to downplay numbers with overused rhetoric, they do have a profound effect on a war. With a shared Skype room and with all forums shared, there is no reason that a two sister alliances cannot function as two strong tribes. Of course, the frequently seen version of this idealism is the 'academy' alliance, which is typically in the same area and simply vacuums up the semi-active dregs that couldn't be forced into the main one.

I've seen it work on other games, and I'm sure I will see it here... one day. :D

DeletedUser25607

...I've seen it work on other games, and I'm sure I will see it here... one day. :D

No need go in another games. Enough check Bellerophon (cap 50) forums and see the history how "Eviction Notice" + "Occupy" evicted "The Pink Death". "pinks" were outnumbered...

DeletedUser22708

A lot of our pacts that we have and still have were with small alliances that we pacted when we first formed.

Why pact when beginner's protection was still on? This way you can't really assess your allies's strength and if they're even worth being pacted.

I also will not be extending pacts to anyone else.
Is there anyone left? :p

DeletedUser

Why pact when beginner's protection was still on? This way you can't really assess your allies's strength and if they're even worth being pacted.

Is there anyone left? :p

There are quite a few people left. The Myrmidons aren't the only alliance in the world. We only have really four pacts and I don't even know why we have one with swat. Retribution probably wont last long because most of us strongly dislike Earl of Sandwich. I again have no idea why someone even asked them for a pact.

The only reason I haven't dissolved some of them is because I'm trying to sort other things out that are far more important.

DeletedUser

maybe someone should come out of vm and not be hiding :p

DeletedUser11965

No need go in another games. Enough check Bellerophon (cap 50) forums and see the history how "Eviction Notice" + "Occupy" evicted "The Pink Death". "pinks" were outnumbered...

TPD lost because too many leaders had RL

DeletedUser30111

TPD lost because too many leaders had RL
Or because they refused to use diplomacy....

But I'd say EN/Occupy is a major exception to the rule. And would be surprised to see another set of sister alliances take over a world as effectively.

DeletedUser

Or because they refused to use diplomacy....

But I'd say EN/Occupy is a major exception to the rule. And would be surprised to see another set of sister alliances take over a world as effectively.
TPD didnt lost, all leaders had RL and needed take VM, so they all made decision to dissolve alliance. So it wasnt about diplomacy, diplomacy is for weak alliances who cant win agains one alliance so need help from 3-4 other alliances. So that you ever were in any decent alliance you would know how that work.

DeletedUser30111

I know a little bit about it and you can't deny PD was losing at the time, before the leaders mysteriously disappeared.

Also I've been in some good alliances in my day and I've been in alliances that don't use diplomacy whatsoever and have done it successfully. But I would never say that diplomacy is for weak alliances. I don't won't to say that diplomacy is required, but I'd say that an alliance that cannot adapt to a changing battlefield won't survive, if that adaptation is diplomacy, then your alliance better do it. Anyways, this is really a discussion for another time and has nothing to do with sister alliances...

DeletedUser

Sister alliances can work in theory, much like communism. However, human nature and execution often results in a downfall. If two sister alliances spread out to separate continents, the recruitment prospects could theoretically be the same as any other alliances and, as much as we like to downplay numbers with overused rhetoric, they do have a profound effect on a war. With a shared Skype room and with all forums shared, there is no reason that a two sister alliances cannot function as two strong tribes. Of course, the frequently seen version of this idealism is the 'academy' alliance, which is typically in the same area and simply vacuums up the semi-active dregs that couldn't be forced into the main one.

I've seen it work on other games, and I'm sure I will see it here... one day. :D

Polish Legion 1,2,3 from helorus... kicked our backsides terribly (TSC), and a lot of other alliances too... brilliant co-ordination, timing etc, great team work and all dead active *nod* all started in the same area but didn't seem to slow them at all.. ive a lot of respect for their alliance, pretty sure most ppl did the same as us and underestimated them at first, looked just like another MRA, was definitely not tho lol