Sister Alliances

• Thread starter Shahanshah Alexander
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Can i just ask peoples general thoughts on this particular alliance? Has anyone noticed the size of their Pact list, They have 3 tiers to the alliance, and actually have a pacts with 2 alliances that have second and third tiers to their alliances. Is the point of a 40 alliance limit world not to have a more fun atmosphere with smaller alliances forming small pacts and lots of battling and wars etc? This mob of jokers are either very nooby, or simmers?.... Thoughts??

DeletedUser11965

trololoev.png

DeletedUser

Can i just ask peoples general thoughts on this particular alliance? Has anyone noticed the size of their Pact list, They have 3 tiers to the alliance, and actually have a pacts with 2 alliances that have second and third tiers to their alliances. Is the point of a 40 alliance limit world not to have a more fun atmosphere with smaller alliances forming small pacts and lots of battling and wars etc? This mob of jokers are either very nooby, or simmers?.... Thoughts??

Why don't you worry about who you pact with, rather than, who we pact with. Third, why does it make a difference? There is a million other alliances out there who do the same. Just to make sure you notice, that was figurative language. Now, instead of picking enemy's, why don't you go and find some one to befriend. As a side note to this comment, I do think that it would be best if there was no such thing as secondary and third alliances all in one world. It makes it unfair to tiny alliances such as the League of Corinth to maintain. Also, could you complain to the game developers about your personal preferences and how you would like them changed. Instead of in the forums.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser19930

There is not much difference on organising say - 'Squads' to team up players in nearby vicinities and brother/sister alliances to team up in Oceans.
What's the problem with that?

DeletedUser

why don't you worry about who you pact with, rather than, who we pact with. Third, why does it make a difference? There is a million other alliances out there who do the same. Just to make sure you notice, that was figurative language. Now, instead of picking enemy's, why don't you go and find some one to befriend. As a side note to this comment, I do think that it would be best if there was no such thing as secondary and third alliances all in one world. It makes it unfair to tiny alliances such as the League of Corinth to maintain. Also, could you complain to the game developers about your personal preferences and how you would like them changed. Instead of in the forums.

Just a little reminder about etiquete. This is an international game and some players may not speak English as a first language so try to avoid insulting a persons spelling or grammar (most people will give you plenty of other legitimate reasons to ridicule them anyway)

DeletedUser27700

Rules said:
It is not allowed to rebuke another user concerning his grammar/spelling. If the grammar/spelling of a user is that bad, report the post.

Now lets get back on topic.

DeletedUser30111

I'd say Archadian Empire is ruining the point of a small alliance world if they had any chance of surviving long enough to affect anything, but in general any alliance that has to hide behind numbers to try to win usually fails anyways. And I'm looking at you too, Myrmidons, Shadow Legion and Pakkapunch.

DeletedUser

Murph - I posted that in the forum at 04:38 after a few drinks. Apologies for not having impeccable grammar. It would appear however from your reply you ain't exactly Irving Levine yourself.

Now at no point did my post insult your alliance, i merely used the forum for the purpose it is designed for. I was merely attempting to start a debate on peoples opinion of MRA especially within this world of a 40 member alliance cap. I am not complaining each to their own in terms of how they want to play the game. I was however only aware of your alliances pacts due to the fact your alliance tried to get my "small alliance" to merge with you.

You are right, my alliance is small, it does not have many members, however we have a few pacts of our own and if you think we are a soft touch you are very much mistaken. If you cannot handle critics of MRA you really should try and avoid the Grepolis forums. Now if you don't mind could we please get back to the debate of peoples feelings towards MRA. You know this is a forum and people voicing their opinions and thoughts is allowed :eek:

DeletedUser

I'd say Archadian Empire is ruining the point of a small alliance world if they had any chance of surviving long enough to affect anything, but in general any alliance that has to hide behind numbers to try to win usually fails anyways. And I'm looking at you too, Myrmidons, Shadow Legion and Pakkapunch.
And Xi - Warriors, Barbarians etc. etc. Franchise guys.

DeletedUser

Murph - I posted that in the forum at 04:38 after a few drinks. Apologies for not having impeccable grammar. It would appear however from your reply you ain't exactly Irving Levine yourself.

Now at no point did my post insult your alliance, i merely used the forum for the purpose it is designed for. I was merely attempting to start a debate on peoples opinion of MRA especially within this world of a 40 member alliance cap. I am not complaining each to their own in terms of how they want to play the game. I was however only aware of your alliances pacts due to the fact your alliance tried to get my "small alliance" to merge with you.

You are right, my alliance is small, it does not have many members, however we have a few pacts of our own and if you think we are a soft touch you are very much mistaken. If you cannot handle critics of MRA you really should try and avoid the Grepolis forums. Now if you don't mind could we please get back to the debate of peoples feelings towards MRA. You know this is a forum and people voicing their opinions and thoughts is allowed :eek:

The issue here isn't what you said its the fact that you originally targeted us specifically. You even named the thread after us. This has left a bad taste in many of our mouths because of the fact we are not the only alliance doing this. We are not technically an MRA because we do take some thought into who we accept however I must admit that a few people do slip through. We may not even stay the size we are forever its a new world we just want to give people the chance to be apart of something. We are not simple noobs nor simmers! We will stand and fight if threatened and will do so without mercy.

Besides many alliances create branches in order to restrict membership to the main alliance. It's not exactly that uncommon and if you are afraid that us having multiple alliances ruins the game then you must not have had much confidence to begin with. I may not always agree with some things that Murph says but I will stand behind him as not only an alliance member but as a friend.

DeletedUser

I would like to point out that I am from West Virginia and that is considered a word just as much as nooby is a word to you. You could consider it slang in its own way, just as much as yall.

DeletedUser11965

The point of a sister alliance is to assist and help each other. This isn't even sisters anymore, when you see II, III, etc. it's just a series of academies.

DeletedUser

The point of a sister alliance is to assist and help each other. This isn't even sisters anymore, when you see II, III, etc. it's just a series of academies.

Agreed, imo the point of an alliance is to play with friends or if the odd new person comes in they'll become a friend, people who you know have your back, who are active and even if not very experienced are willing to learn. I don't see how an alliance can have 3 branches of mainly recruited players who total to between 100 and 120 members and all or even most of them be worth the invite sent to them.

Then lol MRAs pacting with other MRAs i really don't understand, is 120 players not enough to co-ordinate attacks/defence? why do they need more, or is it more about fighting less?

DeletedUser10527

Now, instead of picking enemy's, why don't you go and find some one to befriend.
It's not the job of the leader to make allies all around, making pacts everywhere possible
For exam. The Lions doesn't have any sister alliance and surely will do good as we know, the best beat the mess. Don't take it hard anyway, everyone starts as a beginner.

DeletedUser

I would like to point out that I am from West Virginia and that is considered a word just as much as nooby is a word to you. You could consider it slang in its own way, just as much as yall.

You have lost me? You seem to have a problem with the word nooby? I merely used the word noob and made an attempt at converting it into an adjective :eek: I will never commit such a 'nooby' grammar mistake again ;) As for the rest of your post i don't know what you are talking about. If your referring to me saying Murph? I put that at the start of my post as i thought that was your name...

Anyway Mod is right, let's drop it and get back to topic!

DeletedUser11886

The issue here isn't what you said its the fact that you originally targeted us specifically. You even named the thread after us. This has left a bad taste in many of our mouths because of the fact we are not the only alliance doing this. We are not technically an MRA because we do take some thought into who we accept however I must admit that a few people do slip through. We may not even stay the size we are forever its a new world we just want to give people the chance to be apart of something. We are not simple noobs nor simmers! We will stand and fight if threatened and will do so without mercy.

Besides many alliances create branches in order to restrict membership to the main alliance. It's not exactly that uncommon and if you are afraid that us having multiple alliances ruins the game then you must not have had much confidence to begin with. I may not always agree with some things that Murph says but I will stand behind him as not only an alliance member but as a friend.

Nearly Choked on this. This is exactly what I tried to get through with TBH, the members and the system was fine but I was the only flipping leader doing something for the massive alliance we had. But TBH only had 2 alliances, A main and an academy. Yet WE were called an MRA. I would feel very insulted if this alliance is not called an MRA.

DeletedUser

Nearly Choked on this. This is exactly what I tried to get through with TBH, the members and the system was fine but I was the only flipping leader doing something for the massive alliance we had. But TBH only had 2 alliances, A main and an academy. Yet WE were called an MRA. I would feel very insulted if this alliance is not called an MRA.

The issue here is that Alexander is going on about how the topic is about MRAs. That wasn't the case the thread was originally named Archadian Empire and he specifically targeted us and us alone. Now had this been originally named what it is now and was about how there are tons of MRAs popping up around Lindos. That would be more understandable and a topic directed at all MRAs in said world. No he specifically targeted our alliance and our alliance alone. I am already working on cutting down on players. I myself even feel that having AEIII is a tad ridiculous and I only wanted to focus in Ocean 55 anyways.

There is also been a tad issue with how I turn people away and they end up in the alliance anyways. I founded the alliance back in Kos and a few of us hoped over into Lindos and started the ole alliance up. However it was Murph who first joined the world and started the alliance up. I just feel largely ignored even though I'm a founder.

There are two things I vow I will never do again. I will never carry an alliance over from another world especially have someone else found it in the new world that isn't me. I wont be doing another themed alliance either as its just ridiculously obnoxious to work with something that has very little information on it. It was a fun idea to start with but it leaves very little room to work with being the smallest change breaks the theme. Now a dark brotherhood theme is generally if you can actually get people to join is easy to work with being it supplies you with a good handful of ranks.

My general point is that if the thread had been about MRAs in general and didn't appear to be directed at us solely people like Murph wouldn't be agitated to begin with. Also I don't see anything wrong with having multiple alliances but having them in the same ocean is ridiculous. It just ends up being an academy which just means you have way to many people who you can't trust to be active.

DeletedUser24285

Hidi, hire yew'all. Its colder than a witche's tit down here but I am happy as a puppy with two peckers. Fixin to play with more than one alliance is a bit like herding cats, the problem is when it comes to winnin - who goes in the top alliance and who gets the drop. the rejects are as useless as tits on a bull.

DeletedUser

Elirhm - I specifically started talking about your alliance as it was your alliance who tried to get me to merge with them and it was your alliance that drew my attention towards the mass number of members you had. It was not designed to be an insult directly to your alliance. I thought it was an interesting topic, i was curious to hear other peoples thoughts, i used your alliance name to start the thread as i say it was your alliance that brought my attention to it. You may have noticed the thread name has been changed and we are talking about MRA's in general so why don't you stop taking everything so personally and chill out a little bit.