Size Vs. Quality?

DeletedUser

Well,

Just interested to here what you alliance leaders think about this topic?

DeletedUser

quality. If you have quality you can beat size.

If you have big alliance and no quality your an MRA
Great quality = decent size = elite alliance

either can be argued

DeletedUser19042

yes, but if you have the quality but not the size to beat the big guys...then your quality is worthless. The best is to have both.
Discussion closed?

DeletedUser30757

I would argue normally quality... but being simply overwhelmed does negate quality. So you have to have a certain amount of bulk no matter how good you are.

DeletedUser2663

Remember though, it dosn't take numbers to defend however. All it takes is one snipe from a player who knows what he is doing against a player who cant even nail avg windows like 10 secs or so.

DeletedUser

most of the players can play at about the same lvl, what separates them is the amount of time they can spend online. Some ppl literally stay on 24/7 and they are a pain in the butt for anyone. What MC says is somewhat true as these players will dodge all your attacks and then only react to CS. It is frustrating, but if you keep the pressure on, eventually everyone cracks. At some point they end up with no walls and few troops and get overwhelmed.

DeletedUser1483

Good example of what Tyrone just said is Gadjan12 in Pella. He successfully defended against massive MOS attacks until eventually he now plays Calydon as his main world. Just obviously got too much for him here in Pella. We took one of his cities yday without any attacks or even a snipe. First time I've seen us take a city that easy off him.

DeletedUser19042

Remember though, it dosn't take numbers to defend however. All it takes is one snipe from a player who knows what he is doing against a player who cant even nail avg windows like 10 secs or so.

true. But you don't need a lot time to play if you can massively stack the city with the numbers you have.
Same for attacks, a quality player will send timely and organised attacks and probably succefully clear and perhaps conquer. But for the numbers the same. they'll just send the attacks unorganised but if there are that many attacks then they'll also be succeful.

I think a mix of both is good. 60% Quality and 40% numbers. Certainly not 100% of one of them.

DeletedUser

My small team is all quality, and we seem pretty good at outlasting a lot of louder people :)

DeletedUser

Yes that is true Sapphire you and your alliance have been irrelevant since the beggining of the server. Bravo. Great accomplishment indeed.

DeletedUser27700

I think it depends on if you are attacking or defending.
A huge alliance has the tendency to stack a city a small alliance wants, and then no amount of sniping will help.

Overall however, I would prefer to surround myself with a small group who use skype and communicate frequently.
Just makes the whole game more enjoyable, than being in an alliance with people you don't know.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Bend, You aren't playing - you quit grepo remember? You must have forgotten, to find yourself on Pella again.

And My alliance is attacking, we have good friends who aren't loudmouths who treat people badly. Seems we've done much better than you in any of the 4 worlds you've been in during the last 6months.

DeletedUser35805

DeletedUser

Corinth has been open more than 6months, and his alliance won Corinth....but how many alliances has Bend been in in the last 6 months?

I've got 2. Both of which are still in worlds Bend is not.

Including pella.

DeletedUser35805

Corinth has been open more than 6months, and his alliance won Corinth....but how many alliances has Bend been in in the last 6 months?

I've got 2. Both of which are still in worlds Bend is not.

Including pella.
You said 4 before, which is why I assumed you were including Corinth in that list. Now you say 2 since it serves you better... you can't just change the facts halfway into an arguement...

DeletedUser

I said that I had 2 worlds, not 4. I said that Bend had been in 4 worlds in the last 6 months.

Perhaps you are unclear here.

Bend joins nearly every new world. Out of the releases in the last 6 months i know 4 of these new worlds he's joined - all of which he had quit, according to his posts in Pella before he went quiet here and got louder in the newer forums.

So quite clearly i have not changed the facts, you just aren't reading them because it serves YOU. Do you even play Pella?

I don't see why you or Bend feel the need to come to an entirely separate world to generate arguments - particularly as it does nothing to up your skills as players, only effects your reputation across Grepolis as a whole. You may be a good player on Corinth, but you aren't on Pella, so it doesn't matter here.

DeletedUser6029

oh this is painful, but I totally have to agree with Sapphire here. When we were on Epsilon, a few of us left large alliances, and formed a small pod if you will. While we were strong, we were absolutely without a doubt dang near unbeatable. We knew each others moves, thoughts and who to go to when we needed certain things. I think despite everything, and you take Daveio out of the equation, =VII= was by far my best experience on grepo hands down.

And it should be known, I took daveio out of my equation because that bugger will always be my other grepo half, and he doesn't count.

DeletedUser

Bend, You aren't playing - you quit grepo remember? You must have forgotten, to find yourself on Pella again.

And My alliance is attacking, we have good friends who aren't loudmouths who treat people badly. Seems we've done much better than you in any of the 4 worlds you've been in during the last 6months.
Just because I am not playing does not mean I am not aloud to read the forums. 4 worlds I have been in? Really I would love to know about these 4 worlds. Only worlds I have ever really played are Pella and Corinth. I left Pella because of reallife obligations and only stuck to Corinth because I wanted to finish out the wonders with my alliance. Which we successfully did btw, in record time at that.

You have done better in any of the worlds I have been in? Really, funny how I left Pella months ago yet I still somehow have more bp than you by quite a bit. Makes me wonder what you do in game besides have tea parties Sapphy. Nippleberry isn't on Pella? huh that is news to me, last I checked he could probably crush you and your whole pathetic alliance alone if geographically close to you. Anyway please be quiet and return to being irrelevant. Still not sure why you even play grepo, you would be better suited playing farmville.

Just went and checked the stats for a laugh. I have more than 2 times the abp of your whole alliance. How an alliance avoids fighting for so long is beyond me. Seriously what do you and your minions do in game? Brainstorm ideas for the next issue of AA?

Last edited by a moderator: