Slyther/n - Speed 2 Conquest World

DeletedUser53475

I would like to join ure revolt world and I could bring players

DeletedUser5061

Kannerak I will add you to the rosta mate. Kygifford we will be on a conquest server not revolt. If you have friends it will be best to invite them with links and if they are active enough we will send them invites granted we have space. You could get them to contact me themselves.

DeletedUser53475

Why not revolt we already have a new conquest world

DeletedUser42769

Hi, i'm sort of new to the forums, well i signed up in 2013 but never used them, can someone explain what a pre-made is?

DeletedUser5061

@Kygifford - Revolt is well fun but is extremely time-consuming when you end up fighting the whole server, which we seem to always end up doing. Conquest requires teamwork which is an advantage for us and balances the game against the new generation of players that seem to use £50 on gold every month.

@optimuch1 - Premades are way of choosing the personalities you want to play alongside and not leaving it to luck. Last thing you want is end up in Spartan Legion because you had no other option in your ocean.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser42769

So you decide what your alliance is going to be like and who is going to be in it before the world starts? Sounds like a good idea.

DeletedUser21770

Just a quick thing, as it's definitely conquest it might be an idea to ask for the 'Revolt' part of the first post to be removed, to prevent any further confusion.

DeletedUser16429

Hmm care for an old man like myself?

And I believe I have some of the old Venom guides plus some others I picked up along the way:)

DeletedUser5061

Hmm care for an old man like myself?

And I believe I have some of the old Venom guides plus some others I picked up along the way:)

Of course, all the venom players are welcome, I just didn't want get people back into playing unless they are playing already otherwise I would have asked.

Venom 3.0?;)

I think if Digi or someone else does start one in the future, I will join it. I didn't want use the Venom name as its not fair to the other leaders, creates misconception.

DeletedUser54451

I'm interested in joining only if revolt. I've never been much of a conquest player.

DeletedUser5061

Revolt doesn't even make sense to me anymore, you get revolted if you dodge, you have to dodge unless you have defence troops in that city. - Advantage defensive players

You can't sneak in a CS, so every time you want to conquer a city, you need 5 other people to send clearance attacks, that means people sitting there for hours trying to get the timing right, all the defending player has to do is just ask teammates to stack his harbour with biremes, no timing required. Advantage defense

There are loads of reasons as to why revolt is rubbish, I won't get into it, what I will say is how Eviction Notice play by outnumbering their opponents is the best way play revolt, which I have no interest in doing.

DeletedUser54495

Revolt doesn't even make sense to me anymore, you get revolted if you dodge, you have to dodge unless you have defence troops in that city. - Advantage defensive players

You can't sneak in a CS, so every time you want to conquer a city, you need 5 other people to send clearance attacks, that means people sitting there for hours trying to get the timing right, all the defending player has to do is just ask teammates to stack his harbour with biremes, no timing required. Advantage defense

There are loads of reasons as to why revolt is rubbish, I won't get into it, what I will say is how Eviction Notice play by outnumbering their opponents is the best way play revolt, which I have no interest in doing.

Conquest is better for the more experienced and better players. I think some people like revolt because of the 12 hour buffer, it means that you can have a decent sleep without worrying when you wake up your cities will be gone. I guess you could say revolt appeals to the less-commited grepo players

Let's hope a speed 2 comes out soon, eh?

DeletedUser16429

Wish you could pin posts, you basically described why conquest is for better and more skilled players and why it is so much harder than revolt.
smiley_emoticons_grepo_pacman.gif

DeletedUser25607

From other side - team-play is more advanced in revolt. When team is making ops, revolting many cities, taking some of them... ah, good old times. :)

But well, i agree - personal skills is a much bigger necessity in conquest.

DeletedUser54192

I find them both challenging in their own ways. There are definitely some tactics used in revolt that can make it rather difficult at times.

- Set every outgoing attack to revolt. If you target a large group of enemy cities that are either low on defence, or are designed for LS/OLU/fliers, then you can put on a lot of pressure. It is easy to say that you can just ask your mates to stack a tonne of biremes in the harbour. But what if you have 8-10 of your cities in revolt? Your alliance might not be able to cover all those cities, and it can be easy to sneak a CS into one of them from very close by if the enemy focus their defence on the other ones. And if someone sneaks a short TT CS into your city in revolt, your city is gone. If your enemy can put out enough revolt-enabled firepower, then it is hard to defend by stacking. So you're forced to rely on sniping if you want to keep the cities, and then you have to put as much effort into timing as you would in conquest.

- Multi-revolts. If a few players revolt one of your cities at a similar time, you've now got several players who could sneak a CS in somewhere and then you've lost the city. Not played a tonne of conquest so far (just Olous), but it's one thing that isn't so easy to do in the same way on conquest. Because only one CS will matter at any one time, in my opinion. The only way the second can land is if you defeated the first, or if the second CS kills the first siege. So several players attempting to siege the same target isn't that good, from what I can see. But in revolt, it is a lot more potent, and it suddenly becomes biased in the favour of the attacker.

I'm playing both, and enjoy both. They each have their own difficulties, but I feel that it is wrong to say that one is more difficult than the other overall, when you are in any sort of team. (Most people aren't running solo, so that's not of as much importance in my personal opinion).

DeletedUser41523

I look at it like this and I only am using the factor of if the player is good (can't be caught off consistently and rebuilds consistently)

Conq is a lot harder to take a city on. Its very linear, the big forces often win and the evening factor is offline times. Otherwise you'll almost always lose your siege and if you don't, you'll basically ensure several members open at least one new slot.

Revolt is a lot harder to keep a city on. Its very hit and run, linear tactics only work if you're big and are very costly to attempt. Its better to spread mass chaos instead.