Passed Smaller World (Formatted)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser48257

This is not my idea (Credits To Uncle Bulgaria) , since many people liked the idea yet he did not format it , i will do so..

A world of only 9 oceans, To win Total annialation, No VM, no morale, alliance limit 100.
~ Uncle Bulgaria

Proposal:
In a few sentences, state the general concept of your idea.

I believe this is necessary because it reduces the amount of simmers , it allows old school gamer to take a chance in playing , and allows a better field of play. By allowing this to happen we are making the world have a 3x3 Square ocean world (liable for change)

Reason:
Explain why you think this is either a necessary or enhancing addition to the game. You should consider the existing game mechanics here and show how this idea improves upon them. Tables comparing costs, times, unit values etc are a helpful addition.

"the main reason Inno would want this, is because they'd see this as a potential good earner, and by kettling players into a smaller world (and thereby encouraging gold use to get ahead in the game), we will be able to see not who are the truly skilled players of grepolis, but who are the players with the deepest pockets. "

Details:
Explain the specifics of your proposal. How will it work?

A simple idea, simply reduce or cut-off the world, to become a 3x3 ocean world.

Visual Aids:
33y4y7m.png

Balance:
Describe what impact this idea will have on other game features. Will it require adjustments or changes?

As DR-DOOM said, we may need specific world settings, as quoted from him it would help us with this ;
- Limited Alliance Cap
- Coalitions and allies goes out the window
- Perfect for old School Gamers
- Last alliance standing

Abuse Prevention:
Does your proposal open up possible exploits or make it possible for players to cheat? If so, then how can this be addressed?.

Introduce a gold cap limit (Daily/Weekly/Monthly)

Summary:

So here we are with the summary , its a simple idea , we just need a smaller world for at least 1 server, testing it out , and if it does great then Wohoo , you've got an active server !

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I believe this idea would be able to work.
With the smaller world it would encourage people to spend money on gold making it an enticing idea or inno to think about.
The only thing I can think of is that there would need to be 2 worlds like it,
1 conquest, 1 revolt.
Also what the world and unit speed be? A slower world speed would make it available to more players as most people I think would be working majority of the time. Then again, a faster world speed would make it more action packed. Both I believe beneficial and make the world more enticing.
Maybe a fast revolt and a slow conquest or vice versa?

DeletedUser39118

I quite like the idea of a small world, with some of the conditions set out in the top post. It would be really fun. However:

There is not one mention of gold use in the proposal.

For that reason, either the idea is flawed; or it is elitist, in that it considers only those who are willing to spend gold.
Gold use / abuse, of course, has been normalised in the grepolis world.

The gold spending that goes on in all worlds would presumably go on here too. In ever closer quarters, it would be a fast race from the start to spend the most gold and get conquest ready before BP ends. As usual, those with the deepest pockets will have a strong advantage here. There is no provision for the low to moderate gold user.

So either they:

i)won't join this world because keeping up with the pack will be an impossibility
or
ii) they will join the world and lose out pretty fast.

There will be no quiet respite on the rim in this world.

Having no morale setting on this type of world would only exaggerate the gap between gold and non-gold use.

The main reason we want this , is because we want a more fun action packed world rather than just sim city, by testing true skill we will be able to see who truly are the real players of grepolis.

I would say instead:

"the main reason Inno would want this, is because they'd see this as a potential good earner, and by kettling players into a smaller world (and thereby encouraging gold use to get ahead in the game), we will be able to see not who are the truly skilled players of grepolis, but who are the players with the deepest pockets. "

DeletedUser48257

Updated , and we could suggest a gold cap (daily/weekly/monthly)

DeletedUser38652

After a few months the oceans would have been settled and most people would have grown, new people who join the world would be behind like usual, but they are then put in an ocean where people already have grown. What would stop them from getting rimmed over and over again? Unless morale is active it would be very hard.

DeletedUser31385

Marked as a development and moved to the development section.

DeletedUser31385

This idea has been moved to the re-vote discussions section. Please continue discussing this idea.

Rachel.L

Phrourach
djdom just posted a similar-ish idea (domination worlds)
he has a solution for the constant rimming... a set number of anchors, no jumping in unless and anchor is free

DeletedUser54495

I like the idea as i said but what do you guys think about also adding another 5 city spaces onto each island, but the islands stay the same size? I would love how hectic and close everything would get

DeletedUser31385

This idea passed in the last poll and was sent to the devs.

Status
Not open for further replies.