Newspaper Smyrna Newspaper: First week out of BP!

well too bad

Chiliarch
Headlines
Spartans take a this is Sparta kick into oblivion
Hell Boys falling into hell
Quality over Quantity catching up to zoo while having 10 fewer players
Zoo is going wild and maintaining their first position in fighter rankings
Still A Virgin have been tainted
War Scores:

Zoo-UKIP 9-1
Zoo-Hell boys 14-0
Zoo-Spartans 5-0 (since spartans disbanded I have no data as to how many they took from the original alliance)
Zoo-La Curacacha 3-0
Zoo-Variant 4-0
Zoo-Enigma 4-0
Zoo-Fear Factory 2-0

QoQ-UKIP 23-0
QoQ Variant 21-0
QoQ-Israelites 4-0
QoQ Hell Boys 2-0

Yoss Out-Elites 17-0
Yoss-Variant 7-1
Yoss-Enigma 9-0
Yoss-La Curacacha 1-0

Hell Boys-Zoo 0-14
Hell Boys-QoQ 0-2

Cocaina Remix-Enigma 10-0
Cocaina Remix-N-W-O 1-0
Cocaina Remix-Spartans 1-0

Fear Factory-Zoo 0-2
Fear Factory-Israelites 1-0
------------------------------------------
world map-min.png
map key-min.png
Positioning:
All alliances are solidifying their core. Unlike world wonders it is not game-breaking to have an intruder on the island but it makes things hard and annoying. Zoo have a completely solid core in southeastern O45 and on the 55 borders. On the other hand QoQ and Yoss out still have some stragglers in their core. QoQ has some la Cucaracha in their core which will be relatively easy to clear but Yoss Out has Zoo in their core which will be a big problem.
The world is down to three main contenders which are the main three. There are some players that have not joined any of the Big Three and if they join some power scales may tip into the favor of one over the other.
Quality is moving more into the core of the world while zoo is expanding everywhere. You can see this from the map and the war scores. While QoQ is cleaning up o54, Zoo is expanding north into 44 and east into 55.

The real fight will start for O44 and another will be centered around Yoss Out. QoQ and Zoo may decide hit them from both side or Yoss may side with either against the other.
Top 12:
1+4 Zoo (1st and 6th in BP): SWIM They have a very solid core, solid expansion, and good bp up till now. They are expanding into all oceans which either means they are overconfident or have not decided where to go. If they do not decide a solid plan of expansion I believe they will find themselves in a tough spot. They are present in Yoss Out's core and are expanding into O44 and O54 so that means they are close for everyone important. They have quite a large number of members in both alliances, this will either be an asset or a tool of their demise.
2. Quality over Quantity (2nd in BP):
SWIM They are 2nd in both ranking with a good core. They have some stragglers they need to deal with. They hit UKIP hard and showed that they are caple to take 50+ cities easily in the 1st week out of bp. They obliterated UKIP alone, Variant with Yoss Out, and Spartans with Zoo. They have made it clear that they are planning to take complete control over their ocean. They are catching up t Zoo on points and abp but are still lacking on dbp which means they have not been in fight where they were being hit back. They have less members than Zoo but are consistently competing with Zoo and are almost on the same footing.
3. Yoss Out (3rd in BP):
SWIM They are doing okay. Their bp is barely higher than hell boys who have been obliterated in the last week. Their core growth on the other hand is pretty good. They managed to consolidate their core island and cement their presence in ocean 55. They spread into more islands but they still have the issue of Zoo cities in their core. They also have fewer members but have maintained their position and solidified it more. But they have some dead weight they could drop. Zoo Keepers are closing up on them in the points ranking. Talking about closing up, both Zoo and QoQ are closing up and them and if they do not ally with either they will be in a very tough spot.
5+6. Hell Boys (4th in BP):
SINK Their leader has already jumped ship to Zoo and they have been and still are being hit hard. They are just a sinking ship with everyone jumping to other ones.
7. Cocaina Remix (9th in BP): FLOAT They have sky-rocketed in the ranking to 6th place. They are a bunch of people sitting right next to Zoo's core and under Yoss Out. They are currently holding out but I think non of the two parties have seriously tried to conquer them and If they do they will sink. If they do not merge or even side with one party they will not last long as they are. (Sorry Jacob but ur carrying the weight of everyone there )
8. La Cucaracha (10th in BP):
SINK They are barely holding on against QoQ and Yoss Out they have already lost a couple cities but they only survived this long because of UKIP and Variant.
9. Fear Factory (15th in BP):
SINK Another alliance with no core and bad placement.
10. Variant(7th in BP): Do i really have to say it?
SINKKK
11. Enigma (8th in BP): SINK I am honestly surprised how a premade like this sunk this quickly. I expected them to hold their own but apparently they are a premade of simmers that do a community service of building other people cities.
12. N-W-O (16 in BP): I honestly don't know they came up and will probably be eaten. We will have to wait for next week to know and see more of them

Some Memes:
still a virgin.jpg
hell boys.png
cocaina remix.jpg
Interview with Zarun, the leader of Quality over Quantity: (Weekly Special)
Question 1:
Let's start with a wider view of the game, what do you think about the player activity in this world? Do you prefer a world like this with multiple premades and mostly veteran players? Or do you prefer a world with a lot of people and not as many premades?
A: " the player count is low, they released this world while one server was in last stand and another was in wonders. the 2/2 getting 6,000+ players probably cut into it as well. that said, the quality of players in the top 100 is quite good, it's going to be a fun server. I'd definitely prefer a world with premades, makes it interesting and a fight. Good to see not just one or two here. "
Question 2: You are advocates of quality over quantity as is your name, when you look at Zoo do you think they are a good alliance or just a couple of golders in an MRA?
A: " Zoo has many good players, they need to shed their dead weight and they will be a solid team. "
Questions 3: You are bordering Not a Virgin, do you think they are solid and can be contenders in this world or will they just flop and their leaders move to another alliance much like hell boys?
A: " Not a Virgin is a core of TBD players from en135 who pacted the server. They can play if they want, they had almost as high a city take off Fiasco United as us but wasn't as successful at defending "
Question 4: You have been a crew for a couple worlds now. What do you think keeps a team together?
A; " Friendship and helping each other, not worrying about this or that city or who gets what."
Question 5: This will be my last question, who do you think has the best naming sense out of all the alliances here?
A; " Cocaina Remix. I have no idea what that means but I like it. "

I hope everyone like this and is looking forward to next week's release!

Last edited: