Sniping Guide by LoWKeY

• Thread starter DeletedUser6378
  • Start date

DeletedUser6378

I want to see a very competitive server so I'm posting one of my guides to help make it one. This guide will show you how to get around the anti timer.

Most people think of sniping only as a defensive strategy. Sniping should also be used for offense. As most know sniping is getting your support or defense to land just a second or two before an attack. The hard part is beating the anti timer. This isn't possible to beat. However there is ways of still getting your attacks, and support timed tight together. This is how it is done.

You use light transports to move your troops. When you send your attack or support send it with a slower unit then your attack is moving with. If you are to early or to late you cancel the attack, or support and resend without the slower unit.

An example of send an offensive attack your whole army can be moved by light transports, you will also need light ships. Light ships are the slowest unit in that attack. So we send the attack to land 9 seconds before our desired time , but we send a big transport with it this allows an extra chance at getting the timing tight. if the attack is to early or to late we cancel and resend with a tireme with it instead of a big transport. The tireme moves slower then the light ships, but faster than a big transport. this allows an extra chance at getting the timing tight. If the attack is to early or to late we cancel and try one more time with just the light ships, ans fast transports. This is the last try.

An example of a defensive snipe. This is done mainly with a bireme force. They are sent out with a fire ship with them. If this support is off in timing we cancel and resend with a big transport with it. if this fails we send again with a tireme with it. if this fails we cancel and resend with a light ship with it. once again if this fails we cancel, and send our last try of just the biremes.

This allows for 5 tries at timing your defense, and 3 tries at timing your offense. Anybody trying to snipe should be using this. If you just want to time your attacks tight this is the best way.

When sending your attack or support before time to send about 5 - 10 min while you wait. pick your target, and send your attack or support to land at a specific time. then in your notes mark down the difference from the time you sent it to land, and the time it does land with a + or - in front of the second difference.

(example: attack is send to land at 12:00:00, and attack lands at 12:00:08. then you would record +8 because the attack lands 8 seconds late. if the attack lands at 11:59:55 then you would record -5 because the attack is 5 seconds early.)

do this at least 15 - 20 times you should start to notice the offset being in groups. pay attention to the pattern of +, and - numbers, and try to guess what the next one will be. this will give you an idea if you want to send your attack or support early expecting a + landing time difference, or late with a - landing time difference. If sending late because you expect an early landing time you will want to time for about 4 - 5 seconds late usually. If timing early because you expect a late landing time try for about 8 seconds early. This should get you landing within 3 seconds before the time desired.

Winchup

Phrourach
This is actually an interesting method, I will give it a try. My only problem with it is the use of tiremes and fireships, as in my opinion these are not as good as biremes and light ships and therefore a waste of research points, but there is still other attempts without including these :)

Thanks for the guide :)

DeletedUser6378

This is actually an interesting method, I will give it a try. My only problem with it is the use of tiremes and fireships, as in my opinion these are not as good as biremes and light ships and therefore a waste of research points, but there is still other attempts without including these :)

Thanks for the guide :)

I never research them myself. if they are already researched in a city when i conquer it making 1 of each is worth the time to get extra tries at timing real tight. The 3 tries without them is usually more then enough.

The Spitze my main server is Lapithos. The main reason for me joining was to try out the heros. I had no intention of leaving Lapithos when i joined. The players that came with me knew this before the server started. Now they should be a part of Acid reign. That is what was happening in HaVoC when i left Nysa.