So... how'd he do it?

• Thread starter DeletedUser14786
  • Start date

DeletedUser14786

I've played this game since August 2010 and although I learn new tricks all the time this one actually has me stumped, as well as some other large/active/experienced players I've shared it with. I'm hoping the experience of forum community can help me sort this one out.

Please don't say anything in this thread that will force Pushty to lock it. :) I may take this to the proper authorities if that is necessary but for now I'd just like a discussion on tips/tricks/tactics.

We lost a city some hours ago to a very active player in a small alliance who at the time had 5 cities. In particular, what surprised us were these two reports:
Screenshot2013-05-05at123424PM_zps1a835009.png

Now, I've seen plenty of horse nukes before but it's helpful to give it context: there was a 4.5 hour CS ride to the defending city from the attacking city, and about a 1 hour return trip from the earlier clearing attack. The city before the clearing attack had maxed population, which means (a) he couldn't have been rebuilding LS until the clearing attack and (b) he only had about 3 hours in between his attack returning and sending it out again with the CS to farm with his horse nuke. In other words, he essentially had from 7:35 to 11:31 to build 79 LS and had very limited ability to farm with the horse nuke.

Now I understand him being able to rush build 79 LS - he's probably a Russian oligarch as I don't know of many other people with the disposable income we've seen from him here - but I don't understand how he managed to pump over 92490 wood into his city in such a short time. Basically he had to have filled a level 30 warehouse 4 times! :heh:

So how did he do it?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

He got alliance/outside help?? Poseidon spells?? Merchant a few times?? Maybe 1 maxed warehouse to start with.

DeletedUser39031

Maybe he put every other cities resource (assuming their caves were maxed) into that city. Then everyone knows how he reduced the time. That, or alliance trading, hera spells+posoiden spells can be the only way.

DeletedUser14786

Thanks guys for the feedback. He may very well have started with a full warehouse... his own 500 Poseidon favor would net 16000 wood from spells (unless he had used some for Call of the Ocean). Hera spells would net an additional 3200 wood... the trader can be recalled up to 5 times before the diminishing returns make it no longer worth it... and I suppose it's possible that each time the trader was called it traded to wood. That might net him another 20k wood... so that's 60k wood. Where did he get the additional 30k?

Also, I haven't been counting the resources necessary to build another 50 horses and 3 transports... give me a sec to add that too.

DeletedUser23971

In theory he may have held some ls back (maybe 9) but that would still need 70 ls in 3 hours with all the resources - perhaps they have generous pact alliances - but would have taken A LOT and a lot of time reductions - more than my feeble mind can work out.

1 full warehouse 21 ls (12 hours with COO)
= 49 to find
60K more wood
errr 3 full nukes/warehouses 36 hours
9 ls - 5 hours
41 hours building done in just less than 3 hours
Shares in fort knox?

DeletedUser5554

I'd say he had help and a lot of it. Someone else is backing him for that.

DeletedUser

Factor in outside help, spells, trading with other peeps and the farming villages on his island, harpies to farm off island (did he have more than one possibly? he kept behind?), and researching mathematics and conscription (which lower costs 10% for ships and troops), and possibly (??) another farm level building when it happened... Basically a combination of everything everyone said (lol), would it be possible then?

I'm no math whiz, so even trying to figure the numbers will likely make me look stoooopid, but if I used the calculator correctly *wink* 10% of 1300/300/800 takes the cost of one LS down to 1170/270/720. So, for 100 LS, 130,000 becomes 117,000; 30,000 becomes 27,000; and 80,000 becomes 72,000.

While not a whole ton, if factored in, does that make it more possible?

Just a thought...

DeletedUser11965

Don't forget about gold!

But mainly outside help.

DeletedUser37948

Gold can do alot and so can team work but the time figures here are extremly impressive, especialy as there is supposed to be a cap on how many times you can reduce recruitment time, imo you should report this as it looks like there maybe a bug and players should report bugs not take advantage of them.

DeletedUser5554

Gold can do alot and so can team work but the time figures here are extremly impressive, especialy as there is supposed to be a cap on how many times you can reduce recruitment time, imo you should report this as it looks like there maybe a bug and players should report bugs not take advantage of them.

That's always a possibility.

DeletedUser

My guess would be that he traded all the resources from his other cities, built max orders, and used gold to cut the time fast enough

DeletedUser5061

I have had two offers to buy my account, this was when I was taking a break from it wasn't a lot of money but still i was well shocked at how important it is to be good at a game.

DeletedUser5554

I have had two offers to buy my account, this was when I was taking a break from it wasn't a lot of money but still i was well shocked at how important it is to be good at a game.

Not to be rude but...What did this have to do with the conversation at hand? :p

DeletedUser

Great ego booster isnt it.

DeletedUser14786

Not to be rude but...What did this have to do with the conversation at hand? :p
Daizan was alluding to the fact that some people feel the need to derive recognition from accomplishments in the game. It is relevant to this conversation because Old Fox probably spent over 4000 gold conquering the city from my alliance... and others are willing to buy the accounts of well respected community members.

Some people are willing to pay a premium for respect.

DeletedUser

well, you forgot to factor in other people that could cast the poseidon spells on him, as well as trading with farming villages, then sending them to that city. Also, theoretically, he could have had a ton of weddings cast upon him, adding up both silver(also somewhat needed for LS) and wood.
It is very possible that he could do this, but it would have cost quite a lot of gold.

Also, there are ways to get large amounts of free gold, such as the credit card offers, and very low-priced things, such as the one that neflix was offering a while back. I know I get some free gold every once in a while just so I can get the administrator, or another premium feature if I really needed it, such as at the beginning of the world. I have never bought gold on grepolis, but counting other languages(such as dutch or german), I have spent well over 5k in gold, just from free.

DeletedUser5554

Daizan was alluding to the fact that some people feel the need to derive recognition from accomplishments in the game. It is relevant to this conversation because Old Fox probably spent over 4000 gold conquering the city from my alliance... and others are willing to buy the accounts of well respected community members.

Some people are willing to pay a premium for respect.

I'd rather earn it but that was just me personally.

DeletedUser12330

when old fox did this he had 5 cities, so that explains where the resources came from, he casts call of the ocean on the city, fills the warehouse 4 times and he has the required LS in the queue, then spend 500 gold thats 125 on each set of 21 LS and they are built in the time given
Using gold makes a lot of things possable I have seen a wall go from lvl 0-25 in under 2h