So long, Grepolis!

• Thread starter DeletedUser14786
  • Start date

DeletedUser14786

It's been a wild 12 months, and I can't say I regret any of it!

I've met a lot of friends, probably too many to name here. I've already made an effort to tell everybody that might care, but in case I missed somebody here it is: I'm finally off to see the world, and I don't want grepolis getting in the way. Pending any free time I may come back, but don't anybody hold their breath for that. I'll check into skype periodically.

I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know a few people--and being able to step out of my own shoes to learn and understand what I never would have otherwise. I had the opportunity to meet people that experienced firsthand the bloody breakup of Yugoslavia, to a helicopter crash off South Korea, to Camp Lejune, Palestine in 1968, and all other manner of violent tragedy. Everybody has a story if you take the time to hear it. Ironic too that these people would be drawn to a war game, and have such faith in humanity for all that! :D

A final shout to anybody that fought in The Marines-- we game 'em hell, and what a time we had! That alliance was the model to and inspiration for F-KP.

To Four-Knuckle Philosophy, I had huge fun turning a bunch of misfits and drifters into a family that is now deemed "elite" and is most certainly a world power. And you guys are great players! I look forward to hearing about your exploits in the future.

Robert1310--Amazing how far we've come from starting on the rim of Zeta a year ago. One of us founded a rim alliance with goals of becoming a world power and a player in the top 100 points bracket, the other left O32 to see that world and make it into the top 100 ABP bracket. Who knew that we would shake that world? I never did return you the favor of saving me twice from getting rimmed, but perhaps another day I'll make good on my debts.

Delta Mu-- My wingman through countless fights. Miss you bud. O43 was never the same without you. Perhaps another day, in another game I'll fight alongside you again.

Drizzt Du Urden--another who's help, advice and companionship kept me playing this game. You're the nicest person I ever met in grepo, and I'm fortunate to have had the chance to get to know you.

Raiders--I always felt that bp was a far better measure of a player's ability than points or cities, and seeing as you're out to prove you're the best I wish you luck. Although I think luck will be less of a factor than your amazing tenacity to see through any situation. You're a far better alliance leader than myself, and I look forward to checking the rankings periodically and seeing your exploits.

Apologia--Always a pleasure gaming with you my good friend. When our work is visible as a bulge on the world map I call us a success. You're the most brilliant and selfless gamer I've met and you bring an entire dimension of strategy to this game that I never otherwise would have known existed.

To KoF--There is a special club reserved for alliances able to hold back confederations 4 times their size for 4 months, and we are part of that club. It wasn't always pretty and we pulled off some of the looniest stunts as a team, but damn we were good, and you still are.

I'll add to this if I think of anybody or anything else. I won't completely leave for a couple days.

Peace everybody!
Ituralde/Tuza22/borisscotch

DeletedUser

I never knew you but it's always sad to see someone leave. Have fun!

~Warlord

DeletedUser

make sure to hit delete on the way out.. getting sick of people gifting accounts.

DeletedUser14786

Thanks, all of you. I was going to link this post to a spoiler in my signature, but I can't seem to make it work.:p

make sure to hit delete on the way out.. getting sick of people gifting accounts.

There is nothing wrong with gifting accounts to honest people that have never cheated and don't already have an account on the same server. Most large alliances on almost every developed server have 2-3 accounts at any time that they are looking for new owners for.

However, I understand the sentiment that you are representing. I have had to fight against multiple dead accounts that people were multi-accounting on (I won't mention any specific examples, they were reported and banned) so I understand the purpose of the new rules and back them. As to the accounts, I have already found replacements that are going to be "legal" and if anybody sees fit, the moderating team can check out the accounts. :)