So.. Where do Players stand on spies? - PART 2

• Thread starter DeletedUser36743
  • Start date

DeletedUser36743

Fig....mate...can you ease off a bit... this is a healthy discussion on spying.... please dont take an insular view of it...

Peeps - pls try and keep clear of the 'Che.....' words....fig blows a fuse and then we have nothing to talk about

thanx u all for your co-operation

DeletedUser19318

Ditto on the reputation ...

Great discussion that is trying to be scuttled

Brir.. I don't like spies, and I don't like those that do actual rule infractions, one is illegal... The other isn't,
If you mock my team and we are at war... I will win.. Breaking an another teams morale is the best way... You name your cities in a way to break an enemy morale "come and have a go" taunting etc is all part of the game.. Personally I don't like that either... Occasionally when I get really annoyed I use it.. But mostly my city names are neutral. Also giving info back to an enemy of a spy actually gives them the opportunity to do something about it... But honestly it also hurts there morale... That's the point! Is a war game.. And quite a good one.
You want a fair fight... Show me history where any battle one side says to the other "looks like you have a bit more than us.. How about standing those guys down" advantage of any sort is used and taken.. That is how I play.. To win ... Will I break inno's rules to do so? NO... Never... Nada... In fact the rule breaking actually got me seriously down.. But spy's? Meh I have told our leadership over and over again... We ignore and continue and don't let it stop our plans.. We just modify/adjust to compete with the new challenge... And sometimes an opp might flop.. Sometimes a tab might get deleted... But we endure.
We like the rest of you all rule followers are good guys/girls, we might wind you up here but once you know us ..you find us on the same page I am sure.
Regards for the new year to you all
Kron

DeletedUser31163

As far as spies goes, everyone has them. Even if its a friend helping a friend from another world. We have had spies since day one, JTT, Average Joes,The Basterds, QoQ, Bloods, and some more. All seen our forums, were copied screenshots etc. Did it phase us, NO. We've been through this rodeo before, it just requires changing tactics. I do not agree with the spying, and I think once a spy always a spy regardless of who that person is to you, can you really trust them again? But you gotta understand its part of war, it will always happen and there is nothing you can do about it. War is about spying,treason, backstabbing, and ultimately winning. Obviously every alliance will use it to there benefit. Who wouldn't. But the person doing it, better hope nothing ever gets out, cause you'll be ruined in grepo.

DeletedUser50935

Having been accused of spying (I think all in EN will confirm i wasn't spying for them.) I can say first hand it's horrible to be accused of such, it's as if somebody is questioning your whole moral principals. So therefore I completely disagree with the whole concept as spying. However it goes on and is sometimes necessary to win. However i believe people should remember this is only a game and not use spies or other underhand tactics to win.

DeletedUser36743

Having been accused of spying (I think all in EN will confirm i wasn't spying for them.) I can say first hand it's horrible to be accused of such, it's as if somebody is questioning your whole moral principals. So therefore I completely disagree with the whole concept as spying. However it goes on and is sometimes necessary to win. However i believe people should remember this is only a game and not use spies or other underhand tactics to win.

You have to realise....that in 99% of instances - Leaders/Founders/Players donot go about planting and planning for spies in opposing teams...

What happens is, more often than not....teams / veteran players have played multiple worlds and have relationships with other players who are strewn across alliances... many times a player A could have a friendship/relationship whth player B who has it with player C (who happens to be in a team opposed to player A)....and so on and so forth

The fact is this is a game...its played as much in the chat rooms / externals and skype as it is ingame.... people have relationships with other peeps and many times tidbits are passed back and forth - like the skype chat between the indie/EN player.... we have screenshots of chats where QOQ players have said as much first hand.... sometimes there is a disgruntled player who is out to screw his team and jumps into bed with an opposing team - currying favor...

Do Alliances/Leaders/Founders 'plan' on this - the overwhelming response would be a 'NO'... but it happens on ever server with all the top 10 alliances (actually most alliances top 10 or otherwise)....

Its utopian to think one can stop 'spying' from happening.....for sure it isnt noble/desirable....but like friction is a necessary evil....to be honest i dont see how it can be eliminated.....

Having said the above....i still believe the means dont justify the end and in this instance if the person spying is crossing legal limits....take it up with the EN leadership (and in parallel with Inno)...am sure they will take a reasoned stance on this and will act on whatever info (which mind u has to be more proof than accusation) u provide....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser21287

I find betrayal harder to take than any spy. Players in your alliance who cannot handle a tough battle so they just jump ship and immediately attack former allies. Dont get me wrong some players are poached and leave a message as to why they leave, i respect that but others who just leave disappoint me.