So who's still fighting till the end?

• Thread starter DeletedUser13405
  • Start date

DeletedUser13405

Just wondering....I know my alliance, Controlled Burn, has been waging a pretty good fight against PoC in O54. They win some and we win some. Keeping the game interesting for everyone involved methinks.

Any other good wars going on out there?

Does anyone still read these forums? LOL!

DeletedUser6029

I just think it is great that you guys are still active.

DeletedUser

Ascension are still in it, playing tag with the #1 spot against DS.

DeletedUser345

Ascension killed this world off... always a simming alliance which wouldn't do any fighting and then formed a massive alliance in a merge and kept neutral in wars, no respect from me. I don't know why you guys still play Beta died ages ago, I count 7 players in the top 15 who deserve their placings the others wouldn't have even been top 30/50 standard. It is still quite funny to see Phenomen in the rank 3 spot in tbp, do you guys actually still fight?

DeletedUser

Achilles, you haven't seen Beta in a while. Ascension and DS literally play tag, and fight more than most alliances - CB fighting POC Is some of the best action in game since the stonecutters battles.

DeletedUser13405

Hmmm... should I revamp Pheno? :p

It would make for a glorious end to the world if you could get back in and pull that off! LOL!

And Achilles, too bad you quit. We are fighting in your old neighborhood. You would likely have enjoyed the action.

DeletedUser

i there anyone still simming pheno or is it irretrievable?

DeletedUser13405

Lyncus is the only one in there. Unfortunately, he does not look active. I sent him a message in game...lets see if he opens it or responds.

DeletedUser345

Achilles, you haven't seen Beta in a while. Ascension and DS literally play tag, and fight more than most alliances - CB fighting POC Is some of the best action in game since the stonecutters battles.

Haha i just wanted to win you up Sapphire ;) although I do stand by my statement that I don't respect Ascension.

And Achilles, too bad you quit. We are fighting in your old neighborhood. You would likely have enjoyed the action.

Really? Shame :( the simming got too much.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Maybe you shouldn't have simmed?

I'm about to lose another city to DS (Serves me right for sleeping 8 hours instead of 6) and retaliation is already en route. O47 was quiet for a long, long time but we've made our own fun.

DeletedUser345

Maybe you shouldn't have simmed?

I'm about to lose another city to DS (Serves me right for sleeping 8 hours instead of 6) and retaliation is already en route. O47 was quiet for a long, long time but we've made our own fun.

Shouldn't have simmed? Coming from one of the founders of the biggest simming alliance in the entire history of Beta? No one to fight absolutely anywhere in my vicinity... logged on and all ever could do was send resources to the world wonders.

DeletedUser

You show your ignorance again - Ascension is still fighting, have been for a very, very long time.
Simmers tend to give up.

DeletedUser12662

Ascension underwent a massive recruitment phase during the introduction of world wonders, and placed the wonder race at the top of their priorities, so that probably gave them a simmer reputation they can't shake. The alliance is too large and diverse to really be lumped together in one category though.

There was a small group in the northwest that rejected the emphasis on wonders. Some of them joined SILK or went their own ways.

The large group in the midwest found themselves at war with the player who had previously been ocean leader to over half of them. It was a declared war, but a cold one. There were both practical and emotional reasons to limit the conflict in this region, so while these players may have appeared simmers in the stats, I can personally attest that many of them were willing and capable of fighting under different circumstances. I wouldn't consider them true simmers.

I've had the least contact with the southern cluster based around 47, but my understanding is that they've been fighting DS all along.

The northeast took on new life after george martin took over. They defeated my attempts to create a second SILK stronghold in the far corner, chased a renegade into and through what was left of event horizon, and basically took control over the whole region.

While understandable, I don't believe the reputation is deserved.

DeletedUser

I was... 'Pollo' first conquest was on page 145 from PoC

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser345

You show your ignorance again - Ascension is still fighting, have been for a very, very long time.
Simmers tend to give up.

Dark Judgement sat by and refused to fight anyone, even when the world war kicked off they didn't join their allies against Phenomen, their top players like redneck woman preferred to spend their time gaining looter of the day awards rather than attacker. Phalanx never really fought anyone but small scale skirmishes around their borders. The two alliances then merged to form one massive simming alliance to claim the world wonders, but they didn't even manage that. Coming out now and saying your fighting when the majority of the best players have left is not anything spectacular. DJ and Ascension had a chance to gain respect before and they preferred to sit by simming while other alliances did the fighting and then wait and clean up the scraps of the world when most had left.

DeletedUser

Phalanx was involved in the UAE conflict as much as anyone in the region - it was our first war in the first 4 months of our life on Beta.

You really do lack knowledge on the wars of Beta, if you claim skirmishes on the border is all that's been achieved. There we several groups brought together to fight DS, that then went and fought others. Look up some of Beta's history - quite a few threads in this very world forum prove you wrong.

DeletedUser

Phalanx never really got involved much with they UAE conflict. They pacted with UAE pretty early on due to fear of the bigger alliance. We dropped our pact with them because of it.