So, you've just become an Evil Overlord. Now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser2595

Well it made me chuckle. Im not from this world, so maybe thats why im not blinkered and can see the comedy/sarcasm/lightheardedness for what it is. :)

Plus we're trying for Evil Overlord status in our world :p

DeletedUser

Well it made me chuckle. Im not from this world, so maybe thats why im not blinkered and can see the comedy/sarcasm/lightheardedness for what it is. :)

Plus we're trying for Evil Overlord status in our world :p

From which world you are mate?

DeletedUser

First of all excuse my english. It's not my first language so I might miss a few words here and there.

As an outsider looking in to this banter between EN and PD I must say that in view of older posts from PD, this is not fun at all.

After all the that has been throwed from both sides, and all the diminishing comments from PD mostly, this just feels somewhat like a bad looser trying to wipe the slate clean. OP has a point, I've been there myself and it sure as hell is no fun being the "overlord". But after what has been said before I belive a somewhat more humble approach would be nice. There has been so many remarks that EN hasn't taken citys in a "good" way. They have just done it with force and not with finesse...

Please, PD couldn't stand up when it got serious. End of story! This game is built in a cwrtain way, all parts of it are to be considered if you plan on coming out as number one. PD has constantly been saying that this and that does not matter and this and that is bad play.... Well, if you play a game and wanna win it, you better look at all rules and possibiltys. Not just say that "we are the best but this and that we don't care about"

Anyone can get in any world and beat the out of the rest for a few weeks. That is no problem at all. But staying at the top for a period of time takes a bit more thinking. Creating own rules for what is good is just lame...

I sure understand why PD choose to do what they did. This game is becoming increasingly boring. But putting down the ones who adapt is just wrong.

Sry for the bad english.

Shin

DeletedUser

Overall I enjoyed it. I thought you lost a bit of steam after chapter 1, but it made me chuckle.

DeletedUser

Hi Shingzu

You along with a few others seem to completely have missed the humor, sarcasm, and self flagellation contained within my post. What I described in my post is pretty much what I did as a leader of Evolution (a mammoth MRA-like alliance itself) on Iota. Furthermore, what I described has been played out time and again on various servers. Grepolis has become a lather-rinse-repeat experience. We did something different this time, and it didn't work out.

I don't know how much more humble I can be. I am literally shining a light on my own hypocrisy giving you guys a hard time for having done, or are likely to do, things I have done in the past myself (which, in case you didn't pick up on this at the time was simply intentional forum banter meant to get you a little riled up, but NONE of it was personally directed at any one individual). You guys beat me, and our alliance. How boring to just come on and say "good job guys". Why not infuse a little humor into it, and laugh at yourself, while admitting that you failed in a quest for a repeat performance of your Evil Overlordship on Belle.

Furthermore, I really don't see how this post is any more offensive than the posts put up by some members of the EN alliance. In a lot of ways...it pales in comparison cos none of this was a personal attack on anyone.

There has been so many remarks that EN hasn't taken citys in a "good" way. They have just done it with force and not with finesse...

For the most part, you didn't do it with finesse. You did do it with brute force. There was definitely some great timing, and well though out strikes, but there was also a lot of "I'm gonna log on and just fire off some attacks". It's called swarming and...guess what...we did it in Evo...and every other alliance I have been in. We even did it here on a few ops. It is very effective cos it wears your opponent out trying to determine which attacks to "worry about" and which you can defeat with a single bireme. Plus...50 worthless attacks add up.

For the record: I wasn't that impressed with Evo's ability to overwhelm the little guy with superior numbers either. It got way boring and lame after a while. But...then...I like a little competition.

DeletedUser18705

ryejin why don't you re-read the first line in Jenn's post again.
Hi Shingzu
Jenn wasn't talking to you so stating that you got what she meant is totally irrelevant.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Must have taken ages to pen that piece of fiction jenn, good job! :)
i was having a helluva laugh at just how true a lot of that stuff was :D

i thought it was a very humble tongue-in-cheek bit of fun. DT and other gun-noob (who prob just flamed coz DT flamed, monkey see monkey do style), you guys should be thoroughly embarrassed by the responses you posted.

DeletedUser

ryejin why don't you re-read the first line in Jenn's post again.

Jenn wasn't talking to you so stating that you got what she meant is totally irrelevant.

Clearly I didn't read it the first time so that makes re-reading it kinda hard to do. Now that I've read it once though I'll go back and re-read it again ;)

DeletedUser

Hi Shingzu

You might have missed that I'm not EN. Never has been and probably never will be.

It's just that all posts here try to explain why you (PD) are right and every one else is wrong. It's pretty much proven that PD was wrong now...

Like I said you had a few points, but that is all. And EN is not a lot better here in the forums, they have acted pretty lame to as far as I'm concerned. I thought that was clear in my post.

In general I think that the more people post here, the less focus they have on the game itself.

Over and out!

Shin

DeletedUser

This post has been somewhat 'cleaned' of all offending content *le sigh*
just a reminder that ALL users are treated equally on this forum.

A mods post has been edited because of something.. But that person is still a mod??

I know it is against the rules to critizie or question any mod, But if a mod break any rules can he/she still be a mod?

Feels a bit like I'm working up to get banned in my second world....

DeletedUser18705

When Fotns put post he meant thread. If you check that post he made was never edited. He meant offensive comments (Flames) towards Jenn's original post and then people flaming at the flamers. Also would you people at least read the whole post before de-repping? I just got another derep cause some noob didn't try to actually understand my post and look at the post I quoted. If you're going to derep, have a decent reason and leave your name.

DeletedUser17088

A mods post has been edited because of something.. But that person is still a mod??

I know it is against the rules to critizie or question any mod, But if a mod break any rules can he/she still be a mod?

Feels a bit like I'm working up to get banned in my second world....

yes i did mean 'thread' and not 'post'

well spotted.

DeletedUser

Most popular thread in a longtime. Good job meatloaf ;)

Someone is out of meds and I wont say who...."DT"

I think Belle needs a friendship fire in the night of the day.

images

DeletedUser17088

Epic delete.

if your gonna argue and pick at each other do it in PM away from the rest of Bellerophon.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Time to say farewell to Pink Death guys. It was nice and tough war. We will miss you guys. Hope to meet any of you in any other server as a friend or foe.

Its nice when facing smart enemies.

Respect to all of you.
classy, big ups to you TDR (y) (meh, need to spread rep :( )

Status
Not open for further replies.