Someone needs to say it..

DeletedUser1483

.. Pella is dead.

I swear to god. MOS has nothing to fight anymore. With the fact we do not want to turn on our allies and friends, and the age of WW still a long way off.. I want ideas.

So.. With TCF and TNW all but defeated in Pella, Silver is gone, HaVoC is gone along time ago. WE is disintegrating..

I want ideas on how to liven this place up again. MOS are a great team and unfortunately it seems like we ruined this world by beating everyone?

Ideaassss... GO.

DeletedUser

Here is a radical plan. You want to re-energize Pella?

Disband MOS. Scatter them to whatever alliance they want as long as they dont just 'reform' into a new version of MOS.

Face it. MOS has, through tremendous teamwork and excellent players, gotten a stranglehold on Pella. You have to give them
credit and admire the way they have done it. They have beaten everything in their way.

So you want to make Pella relevant again? Scatter MOS to the winds. Let them help whatever new alliance they end up in. Its obvious MOS has 'won' the server. So Disband it, and lets just pretend we
are all fighting for second place.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Here is a radical plan. You want to re-energize Pella?

Disband MOS. Scatter them to whatever alliance they want as long as they dont just 'reform' into a new version of MOS.

Face it. MOS has, through tremendous teamwork and excellent players, gotten a stranglehold on Pella. You have to give them
credit and admire the way they have done it. They have beaten everything in their way.

So you want to make Pella relevant again? Scatter MOS to the winds. Let them help whatever new alliance they end up in. Its obvious MOS has 'won' the server. So Disband it, and lets just pretend we

Oh you wish we did that, being an EO member yourself you know who comes next. =D

DeletedUser1483

Lol I knew you'd appear vol. My fellow MOSian. ;)

I've heard that from more than one person so far. It's just a tough time in Pella right now for MOS. TCF + TNW just up and left. At least Silver had the decency to stand and fight!

Nice to see a few TCF remaining even though they are on full defense. Must be really boring for them!

EO get your behinds down closer to us ASAP so we can start beating you. :)

DeletedUser26021

Oh yeah and I'm quitting Pella and playing another world strictly to aid some friends get 7 wonders...

And I was logging in to buy the additional 14 VM days as I knew my 42 days would be up, thats how I discovered my gold was gone...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30757

I don't think this server is dead yet, just going through a dry spell. I am sure something will occur to liven things up.

DeletedUser

Zeric might nuke the living daylights out of pella with exploding beanbags...

DeletedUser1483

I think at the very least my mail to the top 15 alliances has energised the forums a bit more.

And thanks for the warning John! That's a ridiculous system for INNO to have. Hope they plan to change that!

DeletedUser1483

BlueSnaggletooth today at 05:22
hi Chris-

i dont post to the outside forums, but i think your thread raises some good questions. why did Pella die so quickly? i think there are two answers. what can we do about it? im not sure.

first, the settings of the world. the morale setting is frustrating and unpopular with players who have the time and skill to grow in this game, but it is also the great equalizer for developing players and "noobs". many experienced players from several worlds came here specifically because morale was not a factor. that creates a rather unforgiving environment for the player who has just reached conquest with their single city, and suddenly finds themself targeted by a player or alliance 10 times their size. this leads to the second part of the problem...

with so many new worlds opening up, so frequently, there is no incentive to tough it out. if the conquest of your city is inevitable and you have to start over, why do it here? why not just go to that new server? ive watched players take incredible amounts of abuse and keep on going, but thats not happening here.

whats the answer? i dont know. an interesting possibility lies in the idea behind the Adopt a Noob foundation. if Pella is no longer the battleground that we hoped it would be, why not make it a large-scale training ground? Innogames made a server where you cant be conquered, but they havent made one where you can really learn.

just my musings. cheers
Blue

Thought this was excellent. In-game mail.

DeletedUser

Disband it, and lets just pretend we

Remember champ... YOU are fighting for second place. Move a little closer to MOS, fight like the rest, die like the rest. MOS is ready for a challenge, like Chris was saying. Are you and your alliance up for it? Do a little shuffle over to our area and we will find out! We are ready for a fight, we keep taking the fight to everyone else, time for someone to attempt to bring it to us! Consider it a goal. Wipe out MOS in the next 2 weeks :)

P.S. I am always adopting N00Bs man, so if you are feeling down or in need of assistance, hit me up!

DeletedUser1483

Ahh Leo. You are an excellent edition to the forums. ;)

I agree though. Get your best players from all alliances and go up against MOS. Hell.. I'll even give you one of my cities to get you started. :p

DeletedUser

Agreed... I will give you two! You can have "Harry Ballsonya" (already has a tower for the turtles) and "Attack Here?" You all move our way, they are yours! BAM, 3 MOS cities, just like that... there isn't an alliance out there that can claim they have done that!

DeletedUser32234

A bit of EO action, that sounds fun. I know us lot down here in KoA are looking to fight someone now that we have taken down Semper Fi.

Jsut finishing off the rabble and the riff raff before we look for new targets ^_^

DeletedUser

Alright you know I have great respect for MOS and all of its players so all of this is said with no disrespect, but I will give my version/opinion of why the world is the way it is.

1. Pacts - when MOS reformed into a super group like they were they should not of had any pacts. Think if you guys would of had no pacts with anyone at the beginning, you would of been fighting everyone on all fronts. Yes this would of been more challenging, but it would of been much more fun for you guys as well and given other alliances more of a chance. PB took this approach on Corinth and it made the server more intresting imo. It made all the other alliances sort of unite in everyone vs PB mentality. So although they were an amazing team it still gave the other alliances a sliver of hope and a reason to fight. As it stands now the second and third ranked alliance on the server are both allies with MOS. This is obviously no accident. The way you guys fought at first you were fighting one or two legit alliances at a time with an ally (BoM). Fighting this way made it much easier for you guys to assert early dominance. Once you gained the advantage early by doing this it became nearly impossible for anyone to really match you. Another example of pacts, your war against Silver, think if you would of fought Silver and TSL at the same time instead of pacting with TSL. This would of made the fight much much tougher for you guys, at the same time much more interesting.

As far as a solution goes, I have a few ideas.

1. I know this option isn't appealing, but drop your pacts. I am sure some will give me some flak for this, but think if you were to take on TSL and BoM along with your current wars. This would give you guys plenty of fighting to do and make the server more interesting as a whole. It would actually make it seem like their is a chance you could be defeated, if you would actually lose or not obviously cant be known. It would at least give a glimmer of hope to others though.

2. Someone suggested the disbanding and doing all that option. I agree that could spice up the server a bit if you guys chose to do that.

3. Split into two separate groups. Split your alliance into two seperate alliances and fight each other. Obviously no one wants to fight their alliance mates, but some of my better friends on grepo have been in enemey alliances. You could divide the alliance up multiple ways. One, just alternate every other player and split it that way, I think this would be more fun as it would create utter chaos with many players having cities on the same island as each other. Two, try to split it up geographically. Meaning that you would try to split the players as to have a dividing line. This would obviously be much more difficult to do as your cities are obviously all mingled together.

In conclusion I understand you guys want the server to be more interesting, but short of any of these things happening I don't see it becoming more interesting. You guys are clearly the biggest most dominant alliance at the moment. Sure there is a few alliances left for you to fight such as EO, but how long would that war really last? I cant imagine to incredibly long. Anyway everyone feel free to be as angry as you want with my post, but short of these things happening as long as MOS doesn't have an incredible amount of their players leave they will sit atop the rankings uncontested until WW time starts, they will inevitably win those as well.

DeletedUser

I agree somewhat with bend24. I played in my first server and our team did well but we started the server late. We took our core friends of 8 players to a new server, Pi, in ocean 45, and decided on no pacts. We recruited a few players and just battled anyone and everyone around us. We ended up with 1 pact and the team we pacted we said each of us will keep our team at 25 players or less and we will battle all teams. If we lost a couple players to quitting we recruited surviving players from teams we beat. It wasn't long before it was the 'server vs us'. We dominated the server and eventually merged with the team we pacted when WW came around and won the WW.

So my first point is I think it's funny you say this server is over and dead. The #1 ranked player in points only has 400k. Only a couple players have more then 40 cities. These are small numbers. I got to rank #21 on this server playing part time.

Now I don't know all the pacts and current events of Pella, but if you are pacted with multiple teams, and your best player stat wise has 40 cities or so, I'm not sure what justifies the 'we won this server its over'. On my previous server I controlled 2 oceans, almost 3, with 160 cities and I wasn't saying 'this server is over'. I let other people complain it was over =)

Maybe in the future create a greater challenge with accomplishing more, with less players, and less pacts. Just saying.

DeletedUser1483

MOS has battle a ton of alliances. I even said in the first post that there is a long way to world wonders. Hell.. This was just to get people active in the externals and the alliance.

Need something to buck us all up over here. The top alliances in the world don't want to fight us and just roll over and play dead when we attack them. No fun in that, creates a very boring world for us indeed. That's all this is about.

Lighten up. ;) I'm not saying its over and we are better than everyone else. That's just the way it is. Hehe. Anyone who doesn't believe it can feel free to argue with the lopsided world that is MOS vs THE ENEMY. ;)

DeletedUser

Lighten up. ;) I'm not saying its over and we are better than everyone else. That's just the way it is. Hehe. Anyone who doesn't believe it can feel free to argue with the lopsided world that is MOS vs THE ENEMY. ;)
ahh, but it isn't MOS vs the enemy, you guys have multiple pacts/NAP. At lest 3 that I know of, you may have more I dont really know and won't claim to. If you guys want to play like that I respect it that is your choice, just saying it isn't truly you guys vs the world.

DeletedUser32234

Well if you look at how things have played out so far in Pella, you will have noticed that the diplomatic situation has change alot and so I am sure things will change again in the future.

MOS is very powerful and I am glad we hold a pact with you, however don't forget that TCF and EO both have a substantial point base and are not to be ruled out completely (although my encounters with EO in battle haven't been to promising on their part; like the fact that they defended a CS with 100 BMs and a few DLU). Either way, just wait it out, conquer Ocean 45 (a little surprised TCF have held their front against you as well as they have so far), and just continue to build.

When WW gets here, there are a few alliances in good positions to set up WWs very quickly and I think that will cause quite a bit of tension between those alliances that are going for them.

Pella isn't dead just yet, there are still alliances out there that COULD rival you, although not tremendously well I might add.

Final consensus here is continue to expand and just wait for the action to pick back up a bit. KoA are still having some fun and I am sure that BoM must have someone to fight over East which might make it interesting, that said I still have to check my maps.

DeletedUser

fighting each other and allies just because the enemies ran away? It just doesnt feel right.
Maybe Inno should rethink the game design. Why did they create WW if no one stays long enough to compete?