Inactive Topic Sort Alliance Member List

DeletedUser8396

Proposal: Allow you to filter what members you can see in the alliance profile member list by different settings.

The lists: I didnt check them. It also hasnt been suggested before. Why? Because it isnt in the game yet.

Reason: Sometimes, I want to find allies or enemies to either target, help, or ask for help. With this, it lets me find exactly who I need for the job quicker and easier.

Details: In the alliance overview, there is a list of members. I want to be able to sort that member list to my liking by a number of options. Options include:

ABP, DBP, Points, Alphabetically, Ocean, and anymore if I they are suggested below. Check visual aid.

The Ocean menu would only include oceans they are in.

Abuse/Balance: N/A

Visual Aids:
sb0kyu.png

Summary: Read proposal/details.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Good one, I'll go for it. Its not a major thing but its on the line of good improvement' :).

DeletedUser8396

I see this as being an idea that is great...but everyone forgets about/doesnt post in :(

Glad you all like it...hopefully my prediction is wrong

DeletedUser8396

unbeilivable.......just kidding it is not that impressive.

I never claimed for it to be this amazing, game breaking idea. It's your opinion if you think it isnt that impressive, but your post is next to useless. You neither say if you like it, hate it, or are neutral.

What you DID do, is completely insult the hard work it takes for making ideas. Not every idea is all incredible, hopefully you learn that.

But, since you are apparently ignorant on how this is a good idea...perhaps I should TELL you.

This allows you to select victims easier, by either their strengths or weaknesses.
It quickens your ability to find the members that are in your ocean.
It allows you to find allies right for the job you need. (attacks, supports)
It allows you to find potential alliance members in other alliances.

And possibly more. This idea has great potential, yet you regard it as unimpressive...much to learn. Not to mention...you joined only yesterday (yet you have 75 posts? spam much?)

DeletedUser18132

I like it, a very good change. So you don't have to run over to grepostats or athenarecords every time you're thinking of conquering someone.

DeletedUser

How would the Oceans sort work - in the place you put it in? Top filter for three oceans would leave out some of the Alliance members, not so? Would that work better as an input option next to the drop down menu?

Thumbs up.

DeletedUser

I like this idea very much.

One downfall - As oceans fill and spread into more oceans, the list of options will be amazingly big, as it would be listing so many oceans where members are residing.

DeletedUser

I agree with it and hope that it is implimented ASAP.
Good point Kanga. If I was designing it I would have Oceans in its own drop-down list as follows:
* [CHECKBOX] "ALL" (no submenu)
* [CHECKBOX] "00-09" (sub menu of checkboxes ALL and 00-09)
* [CHECKBOX] "10-19" (sub menu of checkboxes ALL and 10-19)
* [CHECKBOX] "20-29" (sub menu of checkboxes ALL and 20-29)
* [CHECKBOX] "30-39" (sub menu of checkboxes ALL and 30-39)
* [CHECKBOX] "40-49" (sub menu of checkboxes ALL and 40-49)
* [CHECKBOX] "50-59" (sub menu of checkboxes ALL and 50-59)
* [CHECKBOX] "60-69" (sub menu of checkboxes ALL and 60-69)
* [CHECKBOX] "70-79" (sub menu of checkboxes ALL and 70-79)
* [CHECKBOX] "80-89" (sub menu of checkboxes ALL and 80-89)
* [CHECKBOX] "90-99" (sub menu of checkboxes ALL and 90-99)
By Default all is checked. Unchecking item on main menu turns off sub-menu (ie: no submenu).
When sorted, it would only show the cities and points for those cities in those oceans (with players of 0 cities in those oceans not listed).

DeletedUser8396

I do like the idea of having oceans as a separate window. It allows more customization.

I will try to make another visual aid :supermad:

The visual aid is edited in!

Thanks for the feedback :)

DeletedUser

Input option would be more customizable. I suck at visual aids - was thinking of the word Ocean followed by an empty box, where you could input the ocean(s) number(s) - just like you do names when setting up a mail recipient list. Would allow multiple oceans to be shown at the same time - for border area launching points. And once the world is large, wouldn't require a lot of scrolling down to hit high number oceans. (from Kanga's post. Hope he doesn't mind the extension and revision.) Would also allow for both axis of travel, north to south, and east to west etc.

Ocean 26;36;

DeletedUser8396

Well, i dont know how to make a visual aid like that

well, i do...but it would require alot of effort...

ill see if i can do it

DeletedUser

Many thanks for the effort. I'm pretty clueless about any graphics stuff. Wasn't that long ago that I found out why the computer's foot pedal didn't work.....

And to stay on topic - great idea. There's been a whole lot of sorting and information gathering ideas lately. Hopefully the powers that be will take notice, and great notions like this will be implemented.

DeletedUser8396

its not graphics at all lol

im having to change the html code

for example, what i did here was:

1. save the grepolis webpage with rave alliance tab open
2. make the .htm file a .txt file
3. open the txt file in notepad (which displays the coding)
4. go into the actual webpage and locat where i need to put the drop down menus
5. go back to the txt file
6. insert the coding

HTML:
<center><select> <option>ABP</option> <option>DBP</option> <option>Points</option>                <option>Alphabetically</option> </select> 
<select> <option>Ocean 44</option> <option>Ocean 45</option> <option> Ocean 55</option> </select> 
</center>

7. save it as an htm document
8. take my screenshots
9. upload it to an image hosting website then grepolis

it isnt fun lol

DeletedUser

I dont have a problem with Marshalls idea, but would it be user friendly? Whilst advanced users would understand it, it may be difficult for newer players to get the syntax write. If doing that they may need to add a "?" to popup help as I would think that would be a feature that most users would understand.

DeletedUser

The current visual aid doesn't have "all" on the ocean list, meaning you're defined lists will only consist of one ocean. Please change this, as it would be most convenient to your idea

DeletedUser8396

lol...fine i'll change it

last time i do visual aids lol

the new visual aid is up now