SOTM Discussion thread.

DeletedUser

Single vote. But instead of 10+ on one poll I(or someone else) will split it into random groups with a random number generator and assign each a number etc. There are around 10 so far. If we get 16-20 then that is 4 groups any more and I will add a fifth group. I don't think it will reach 20 though :/

You will. 11-12 days left and you already have what, 11 entries? Plus you have gold on offer and no one could be stupid enough to pass up that opportunity.

DeletedUser4013

And who knows...Betsy may be willing to dish out more just because she's the greatest, most wonderful person out there :cool:

DeletedUser

And who knows...Betsy may be willing to dish out more just because she's the greatest, most wonderful person out there :cool:

Yes... maybe :) Betsy is the best community manager in the world :)

Still... we will get 20 entries, we must. And if the group voting happens... it'll be like the world cup! Hope I get a good group...

How will it work out. Ok, 4/5 groups, top entry goes through? I think that the highest runner ups in their group should get something too. Eg, top vote and the the two highest runners up?

DeletedUser

I don't want to sound like an @$$, but the entries so far aren't that great IMO. Sure, they're funny and some are nice, but they just don't have the "it" factor. What do you guys think?

As for stock images, it seems a few people think taking footage from 300 is stock? I have some great sources for royalty free stuff I can share with you guys...AFTER the contest! :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4013

I don't want to sound like an @$$, but the entries so far aren't that great IMO. Sure, they're funny and some are nice, but they just don't have the "it" factor. What do you guys think?

As for stock images, it seems a few people think taking footage from 300 is stock? I have some great sources for royalty free stuff I can share with you guys...AFTER the contest! :p

Well, whether the entries thus far have an 'IT' factor or not, it's not going to be up to us to judge. Yeah a lot of images are taken from 300, but there's quite a few where the images are not from that movie. I only used one image from that movie in my entry. Besides, a lot of the people entering this competition are creating graphics like this for the first time. Not everyone has access to Ps, or other higher end photo-manipulation programs.

DeletedUser

Well, whether the entries thus far have an 'IT' factor or not, it's not going to be up to us to judge. Yeah a lot of images are taken from 300, but there's quite a few where the images are not from that movie. I only used one image from that movie in my entry. Besides, a lot of the people entering this competition are creating graphics like this for the first time. Not everyone has access to Ps, or other higher end photo-manipulation programs.

True, not everybody has access to PS. I respect that, but it doesn't justify the use of non-stock images. Unless I thought that when he said stock he meant any image we want? In my mind, there's a difference between stock images which give the user a license to use them from the creator and images from Google, which aren't necessarily like that.

DeletedUser

Meh, 300 images have been way over used at this point anyway...

Yours is one of the most artistic anyway, Ignus... no worries, Mate ;)

DeletedUser

Yeah.... Becca just raised the bar on this little competition! :)

DeletedUser

Go, becca lee, ignus and tyrion. The best siggies on there so far

DeletedUser

There's some great siggies here. Nice job everyone! I hope this competition grows and develops into something splendid to behold in the future months!

Anmolr

Phrourach
I like Ignus's Sig.
SOTM.png

DeletedUser

There's some great siggies here. Nice job everyone! I hope this competition grows and develops into something splendid to behold in the future months!

*sneaks in...* Well it brought me out of hiding ... so far ;) *...runs away and hides again*

DeletedUser

Well, we are glad you decided to drop in...hope will continue!

beachcontest.png

DeletedUser

NooBmobster's looks pretty suweet! Made my heart jump a bit, but I'm not giving up on this gold just yet!

DeletedUser

Yes. I really do like his work and agree with him, the beach design element is a bit iffy. I may have to rethink my sig (which isn't no good :D)

DeletedUser4013

Hmm, I may have to see what I can tweak on my entry...

/me goes back to the drawing board...