SOTM Feb 2011 ! |Discussion|

DeletedUser

I'm not going to spam this thread anymore.
Lets stick to the debate about this sotm.

But Opti,we all do our best.My apologies,I will come back for a few years and try my luck after I really start learning about graphics.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Not exactly the best theme, this'll be the third SoTM I didn't enter. I wonder what the other one will be like...

DeletedUser

Oh the flame. I love it.

Since this somehow turned to me...:heh:
Well Opti we all try to do our best...in order to make so many requests in such a short time in my shop perhaps yeah some of them were only background-text-outer glow as you say...but i don't believe that even this is as simple as you state it...not everyone can blend (quite) nicely some random background-text-outer glow...:p
Not trying to say anything here but if I judge from your current sig it's just some guy-white background-vector brushes-text...not anything quite amazing, right?Just saying again...I'm not judging you or your gfx skills,just pointing something out...:)

I have an immense amount of respect for you. You came to this forum and you completely bamboozled the GFX community with your high-rate, high-quality work. I commend you for that. Perhaps I did say it a bit wrongly but their is no doubting the fact that you have a very distinctive style. I realise you put work in it. I was just pointing out the main focals that I see. And on the comment of my sig, this was my go at a vector style sig, first time. I didn't expect it too look amazing, meh, comment what you like. I just keep my most recent work on as my sig, not my best.

Your sigs are extremely easy to spot, you say your sigs are each different but they look the same to me. If you look at law's work most of his sigs are completely different

Cuz if you use real people. They all look the same? Vector, C4D, Smudge. Three styles I have used. I would not say this one:

assassinscreedtag1.png

Looks the same as this one:

ironmantag1.png

or This:

kidcudi4.png

But then again, clearly I am the unsophisticated troll here. So who am I to judge?

DeletedUser

If you look at law's work most of his sigs are completely different

All sigs are different, unless someone made a tut and posted res.

Anyway, the vast majority of Law's sigs look the exact same in technique to me. Very minor variances, at best.

DeletedUser

Ok Guys Enough of this , Every one has his own style , every one uses their own methods , It is just the matter of perception , If the person you are making the sig for, likes the sig without c4d they why would you use it ,

Orange just by using c4d , or a Smudge (like the one you use ) does not make your sig batter or Versatile ( No Offence) , Your Imagination is what matters , it can make a simple looking signature with Not much effects into an awosme sig & it can also make a sig with 1000 effects into something the user will not like , so whats the use of Effects , c4d's etc ?

And Some Sigs do not Require c4d's it ruing's their image(as whole) , A while ago i used to use them a lot , but then I realized that c4d does not suit my style , so i dont use them.

Practice does matter in Art , but your imagination matter more then that . some may disagree but every one is entitled to their own opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Ok Guys Enough of this , Every one has his own style , every one uses their own methods , It is just the matter of perception , If the person you are making the sig for, likes the sig without c4d they why would you use it ,

Orange just by using c4d , or a Smudge (like the one you use ) does not make your sig batter or Versatile ( No Offence) , Your Imagination is what matters , it can make a simple looking signature with Not much effects into an awosme sig & it can also make a sig with 1000 effects into something the user will not like , so whats the use of Effects , c4d's etc ?

And Some Sigs do not Require c4d's it ruing's their image(as whole) , A while ago i used to use them a lot , but then I realized that c4d does not suit my style , so i dont use them.

Practice does matter in Art , but your imagination matter more then that . some may disagree but every one is entitled to their own opinion.

I never said that it makes it bettee, I was pointing out signature styles. Vector, smudge, c4d and photomanip.

DeletedUser

Orange just by using c4d , or a Smudge (like the one you use ) does not make your sig batter or Versatile

lolwut?
Knowing different techniques doesn't make you more versatile? I'm sorry, did you just say that?

DeletedUser

lolwut?
Knowing different techniques doesn't make you more versatile? I'm sorry, did you just say that?

I agree with benvolio here. Your versatility is unlimited, even with just 1 techniques... but, knowing more would allow more versatility at the cost of less time.