Beginner SOTW 1 - Ideas

DeletedUser

Hey guys,

As you all know Tyrion is extremely busy with his university at the moment, so the competitions have come to a stall. However, from now on myself and Benvolio will be setting up these competitions for you. The main priority at the moment is to have competitions going on a regular basis. So, the plan is to have a Signature of the Week competition, along with a Monthly Large-piece (LP) competition.

Please reply to this thread with your comments about the new structure of competitions and also any theme ideas you would like to see/work with for the upcoming SOTW competitions.

Take care

Doug

DeletedUser15100

I like this Idea :) Sounds good.

I have no questions to ask, everything looks good.

DeletedUser

Finally,competitions are back...!
I am ok with any theme but who is gonna set up the polls(only mods can make polls,right)?Or we're gonna have "post voting"?
Also about the large piece,a month is a big amount of time...why don't we start with LAOTF(Large Image of the Fortnight) and if we see that it's not enough then we do it once a month?:)

PS.And we need a SOTW logo...:p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yay! :D :D

but if you and ben set it up, you won't join?
that's a big part of the higher level designers gone already :eek:

DeletedUser

Yay! :D :D

but if you and ben set it up, you won't join?
that's a big part of the higher level designers gone already :eek:

I believe it will be anonymous...so I don't see why they shouldn't participate...
Like Equanimity did when he organized the previous ones...;)

DeletedUser13936

ZOMG! :D

you guys rock <3

the theme for SoTW 1 should be space and the LP of the month theme should be a superhero theme.

DeletedUser

who is gonna set up the polls(only mods can make polls,right)?Or we're gonna have "post voting"?

As EQ has written in the General section me and Benvolio will become the Gfx Team so I believe we will have the power to set up polls :)

Also about the large piece,a month is a big amount of time...why don't we start with LAOTF(Large Image of the Fortnight) and if we see that it's not enough then we do it once a month?:)

I will discuss this with Benvolio when he is online and let everyone know later.

PS.And we need a SOTW logo...:p

There will definitely be a nice SOTW logo and some banners to be given to the winners of the competitions that they can place in their signature boxes :)

I believe it will be anonymous...so I don't see why they shouldn't participate...
Like Equanimity did when he organized the previous ones...;)

Exactly right. The submissions will be made to either me or Benvolio by PM and we will provide screenshot proof to show that they have remained unopened until the day that polls are put up.

DeletedUser

I'll like any theme and the idea is great, i'm really just happy competitions are back:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) (i never do this) :):):)

DeletedUser13936

so what think dogu of my ideas?

and when will SoTW one start?

DeletedUser

well this is just a wild guess but it might just start at the beginning of next week :p

for themes i would really like a freestyle one, i've learned a lot of new skills lately

DeletedUser

I will discuss all the ideas put forward with Ben and we will decide on which ones to use. In my opinion your ideas are fine but we will have to wait and see what anyone else can put forward in order to decide.
As for when this will start, once again I have to talk to Ben and start as soon as possible. Since this week has already started we might put a little competition for this week and start SOTW officially from next week onwards.

DeletedUser

well if it starts this week i'm not participating because - for once - i'm way backed up with orders in my shop

EDIT:

Unless it's for the logo and the little banner for your sig

DeletedUser

smudge theme - i might have a chance to own law there (not really)

DeletedUser

Baseballnow, we haven't decided yet how we are going to do the banner/logo but most likely me and Ben will come up with a design for those. When he comes online on Skype we will try to sort everything out.

DeletedUser

ok HIHI had put me under the impression that we were going to have a competition for the banner/logo

DeletedUser

Ok, SOTW-1 details will be put up on Monday 11th of July. Keep an eye out and enter at will :)