SOTW #1

Here are your entries people:

1. sotwgrsetrender.png
  2. sotm1en.png
  3. sotw1y.png
  4. dpe9m1.png
  5. gagacopy.png
  6. sotw1w.png

Enjoy the entries and vote for your favourite. Please write a comment explaining your choice. May the best artist win! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

And that is the last time I get distracted by Skype after sleeping in.

My would be entry.
galiolostinspace.png

DeletedUser

Really great entries this week,3 and 6 are those that stand out for me but 3 gmv...
Would have voted for 6 if the lighting wasn't that strong and the border was smaller or gone...:)

DeletedUser

I really enjoyed #3 the effects are nice but I'm not sure about the blending, or the fact that those effects might be someone else's work, therefore #1 gmv.

Gah I can't change my vote but ohwell.. Curious as to who made #3.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

#1 gmv...overall nice blending, good depth and effects. I would've voted for 6 as well but the render especially is a bit too bright which messes up the lighting.

DeletedUser

i would have totally gone for 6 if it wasn't so bright (and if it didn't have such a massive border), but i went for 3 instead (even though it could have had a thinner border too imo :p) nice and easy on the eye with cool style that suited the render really well.

DeletedUser

wow great entries~ ^^
for me #2 GMV... x) i just really liked the lighting.. and plus, depth is there and all xD

1.. was great but kinda monochrome,
for me.. there's no really any blending in 3 but its relaly cool! 4's flow is off.. 5's focal's off..
i liked 6.. ^^ but the lighting's too harsh..
but nice job everyone! it looks awesomeeee...!!

DeletedUser

Love #3. :D. #1 Is also pretty good imo. But i think the third is the best out of the lot.

DeletedUser13936

#4. Decent render, nice boarder and, good lighting. Lady Gaga is just...ew.

DeletedUser

#4. Decent render, nice boarder and, good lighting. Lady Gaga is just...ew.

#4 good lightning? :rolleyes:

#4 doesn't even know how to use a render (he rerendered it himself, it has little black pixels on the edges.

DeletedUser

I don't mind that you vote for it but the reasons you list are almost like the opposite of the truth lol. Only thing that's true is that gaga is ew. :p

DeletedUser13936

Your right, i basically meant that i liked the render (not the way it was rendered) and that the lighting was original and made it stand out along with the white boarder.

and-yeah-ga-ga-is-ew-rah-rah :p

DeletedUser

Kurt, when you close this tonight, instead of only mentioning the winner could you also say who made the others? :)

Maybe make a top 6 or something :D

DeletedUser

Ok guys voting has been closed for this officially.

The top 3 are as follows:

1st - dogukankurt
2nd - Skullyhoofd
3rd - lawpaok

Congratulations to everyone for the great entries and let's keep the entries this good every week! :)

DeletedUser

I really enjoyed #3 the effects are nice but I'm not sure about the blending, or the fact that those effects might be someone else's work, therefore #1 gmv.

Gah I can't change my vote but ohwell.. Curious as to who made #3.

Also I would like to respond to kellybus since he made a suggestion about my piece. When you say "those effects might be someone else's work" it doesn't make much sense. The renders everyone has used are someone else's work, the background stocks everyone uses are someone else's work, C4D's are someone else's work, vectors that everyone uses are someone else's work...This list keeps going on if you catch my drift. We are all using someone else"s work for each part of the sig. Unless you make an abstract sig out fo nothing (e.g. PS tools only) or you render everything yourself, make the C4D's yourself, draw the background images yourself and if you wish to use them, make the vectors yourself, you are also using someone else's work. So please don't try and make it sound like what I did was some sort of ripping. Majority of the people use what they get from the internet either individually or as part of a resource pack.

DeletedUser

grats dogu! (party)

it was a much closer competition this time :)

DeletedUser

Congratz doug and skully,really great entries this week again...;)